• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Gerry Dulac is reporting Pickett to the Eagles

Based on what tells you he doesn't have it? Granted, his stats were not great, but he did have some good moments and did play well in the preseason when he was allowed to open things up. He played for one of the worst NFL offensive coordinators ever with Canada, and, on top of that, didn't know how to develop the QB. Tomlin isn't exactly a QB whisperer either. Tomlin was lucky to have prime Ben fall into his lap when taking the job.

Kenny may not ever be the guy, but I'll give him some more time to develop under a different system. I wish him well and hope he does well. Now, the Steelers need to figure out how they are going to play offense for an entire season with a 35 year old QB that has not been at the top of his game even before getting traded to Denver and one legitimate NFL caliber starting WR on the team with no center.
Pickett will not sniff the field in Philly...no chance in hell he can beat out Hurts. What's he going to do next year, leave the Eagles to go somewhere else and think he will be handed the starting job?

tsk, tsk, tsk ... they didn't keep Rudolph either. Which, if they knew they were getting rid of Kenny, actually makes no sense.
All I ever said was Rudolph didn’t get a fair shot and was head and shoulders better than Pickett. When he got his shot he proved he was 1000x better than Pickett and now gets a FAIR shot with the Titans.
All you dip 💩 that sucked up the hype are laughable. Just literal dimwits that know nothing about football. All you homers are a joke.

I was right. All you Pickett lovers were wrong. It’s just that simple.

The fact they signed Wilson for only one year implies they are not really sold on him either, though seem to think he is their best option for 2024.

It probably says more what they think about Kenny than anything.

Honestly, I would have just rather kept Rudolph.
Wilson was never going to sign with anyone for more than one year regardless. Denver is paying the majority of his 39 million this year. This is about Wilson going somewhere to get plying time to show NFL teams he can still play at a high lever to get another big contract next year once the Denver money stops coming in.

All I ever said was Rudolph didn’t get a fair shot and was head and shoulders better than Pickett. When he got his shot he proved he was 1000x better than Pickett and now gets a FAIR shot with the Titans.
All you dip 💩 that sucked up the hype are laughable. Just literal dimwits that know nothing about football. All you homers are a joke.

Lot of anger in that post Skipper.

so we basically get two 7th round picks and move up 22 spots in the fourth because the 98th pick is essentially a fourth round pick. pretty ****** deal for a first round pick still on a rookie contract.
What I read is the Eagles get the 7th round picks. Picket being a first round pick is completely irrelevant two years after the fact.

Wilson was never going to sign with anyone for more than one year regardless. Denver is paying the majority of his 39 million this year. This is about Wilson going somewhere to get plying time to show NFL teams he can still play at a high lever to get another big contract next year once the Denver money stops coming in.
No. Wilson could’ve easily commanded a lot more than he signed for.

Just slapping you down with facts. I know lots of the posters here are impervious to facts .
But, I don't feel slapped. I actually just feel that you are angry. And that makes me sad for you.
However, if it makes you feel better, I can act like what you say is making me upset. Would that help?
In any event, neither Kenny or Rudolph are here. One was traded and the other wasn't offered a contract to return. So, the Steelers didn't believe Kenny was good enough and also didn't believe that Rudolph would be able to sustain what he showed. We'll see how that works out in the future.
I do hope you are able to get over that anger stuff though.

What I read is the Eagles get the 7th round picks. Picket being a first round pick is completely irrelevant two years after the fact.
from article at NFL network:

The Steelers are expected to trade Pickett and a fourth-round draft pick (No. 120) to the Philadelphia Eagles, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Friday. Pittsburgh will receive a third-round pick (No. 98) and the Eagles' highest two seventh-round draft picks in the deal, Rapoport added.

😂 Dude. Mason played well for a short stint after playing mediocre prior to that. If he was 1000x better than Pickett, he would have gotten $38 million, not $3.8 million.

If Penix is there at 20, maybe. No way do you trade up for him. I'd still look at Ridder in the 2nd or 3rd or FSU QB who was going to be a 1st round pick until his injury this year. Then, possibly the Tennessee QB. He has a cannon for an arm. I know he has issues with touch but Lamar was a runner with a good arm. He has significantly improved his touch and accuracy since being in the league.
Joe Milton.

no, thanks. I watched him lose his job to Hooker and he should have lost it to Nino this past year. Positives for Milton are he has hands down the absolute strongest arm in the draft; he has absolutely no touch; he has great size LB-ish; doesn't run like and when he should. Can he be coached up? I doubt it since QB-guru Heupel couldn't. Late round pick? Absolutely, but I'd have zero expectations of him.

Now, Jordan Travis... he's of the smaller size that the NFL is turning to in recent years. I'd take him in the mid-rounds over Milton.

I just read we get the two seventh round picks. I also went to the updated draft pick order and it shows up there as such also.

Pickett will not sniff the field in Philly...no chance in hell he can beat out Hurts. What's he going to do next year, leave the Eagles to go somewhere else and think he will be handed the starting job?
What he will get is the same thing Jordan Love got in Green Bay and what Pickett should have had here, some time to develop. I wouldn't say he has no chance to sniff the field behind Hurts based on Hurts play style. All it takes is one hit.

I'm not saying Pickett will be anything more than a career backup. I'm only saying I don't think it's fair to completely dismiss him already because of the crap hand he was dealt when he was drafted by a team with a dumpster fire situation regarding coaching and development on the offensive side. The Steelers should not draft another QB until they have people in place that can develop the position. Maybe Smith is that guy, but, based on what I've read, he has not been very hands on with the QBs in the past.

I'm reading all these stories, one about Pickett in Seattle last year that said he absolutely did not refuse to back up Mason, but was not fully released medically to play and would have required a shot to even dress and it wasn't worth it.

Then there was all the talk about the coaches and FO having all the faith in Pickett, and were upset with all the incoming criticism.

Just today, I read a few new articles that Wilson reached out to Pickett when he decided to sign here, and that went well.

Then you also have the Arthur Smith story where he had a long and great conversation with Pickett.

Now just hours after Wilson signs officially, Pickett is traded for peanuts.

None of this makes any sense at all...

Looking at Philadelphia unoffial site listing their 2025 draft picks already shows their first two of four 7th round picks going to Pittsburgh

But, I don't feel slapped. I actually just feel that you are angry. And that makes me sad for you.
However, if it makes you feel better, I can act like what you say is making me upset. Would that help?
In any event, neither Kenny or Rudolph are here. One was traded and the other wasn't offered a contract to return. So, the Steelers didn't believe Kenny was good enough and also didn't believe that Rudolph would be able to sustain what he showed. We'll see how that works out in the future.
I do hope you are able to get over that anger stuff though.
That’s because you are cognitive delayed and don’t know what impervious means. Otherwise, you wouldn’t have proved my point.

Mason isn’t here because he has an opportunity to compete in Tennessee. Hopefully a better opportunity than he received in Pittsburgh. I wish him well.

Kenny isn’t here because he’s a whiny ***** with baby hands and after throwing a temper tantrum over Mason starting he threw another one when the Steelers signed Wilson. Good riddance.

What he will get is the same thing Jordan Love got in Green Bay and what Pickett should have had here, some time to develop. I wouldn't say he has no chance to sniff the field behind Hurts based on Hurts play style. All it takes is one hit.

I'm not saying Pickett will be anything more than a career backup. I'm only saying I don't think it's fair to completely dismiss him already because of the crap hand he was dealt when he was drafted by a team with a dumpster fire situation regarding coaching and development on the offensive side. The Steelers should not draft another QB until they have people in place that can develop the position. Maybe Smith is that guy, but, based on what I've read, he has not been very hands on with the QBs in the past.

Tomlin has NO idea how to handle QB'S. He was handed Ben and didn't have to worry about it for 15 years. If anything, this could spell the end for Tomlin. I don't think he'll be able to do anything with Wilson, and what happens next year? Who else are they bringing in this year? We started the off season with a few glaring holes. And have only made more

😂 Dude. Mason played well for a short stint after playing mediocre prior to that. If he was 1000x better than Pickett, he would have gotten $38 million, not $3.8 million.
Well, 1 is infinitely better than 0.

I'm reading all these stories, one about Pickett in Seattle last year that said he absolutely did not refuse to back up Mason, but was not fully released medically to play and would have required a shot to even dress and it wasn't worth it.

Then there was all the talk about the coaches and FO having all the faith in Pickett, and were upset with all the incoming criticism.

Just today, I read a few new articles that Wilson reached out to Pickett when he decided to sign here, and that went well.

Then you also have the Arthur Smith story where he had a long and great conversation with Pickett.

Now just hours after Wilson signs officially, Pickett is traded for peanuts.

None of this makes any sense at all...
He also said if he would have been medically cleared he would have started. Following week he dressed and didn't start. What are the coaches and front office supposed to say, we have no confidence whatsoever in Kenny.