• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Global Warming Alert! Snow, Cold to Spread Into Northern US This Week

Personally, I can't wait. I love the winter and I love snow.

Me too. I don't start getting tired of it until about February, then I am ready for Spring. My wife would never like to see snow again. She wants to move South one day and I told her I will be sure to send post cards. Seasons make life much more interesting. There is nothing like those first warm days of Spring and Summer and that first crisp Fall day. I can't imagine living where the climate is basically the same all the time. Talk about a bore fest. We go South for vacations usually. After 5 days I'm done and ready to come back North. The constant heat is too much. Saps the life out of me.

If we can keep up the Global Warming, uhh, Climate Change, Canuckistan will be the tropics in a few years!

I wish someone would turn the ******* Global warming back on!!! I have my Green Egg cooking chickens in a damn snow storm right now. I don't really mind it because it keeps my beer cold, but now I get **** from the wife for not wearing a damn coat.

While waiting outside, I am expelling every damn aerosol can I find. Anyone got some chlorofluorocarbons they can shoot up in the sky to help a brother out???

Bite me 'C', I have a golf tourney on Tue and it's supposed to be in the 30's at the 0830 tee time. That's not why I chose to retire in Florida.

View attachment 785

That ain't snow golf.

109_1214.JPG

Sysco-Snow-Golf-001.jpg

Sysco-Snow-Golf-016.jpg

Those guys wouldn't know good beer if it bent 'em over and raped them.

If they're dumb enough to play golf in snow then you can't expect them to have good taste in beer.
The Burgundy household relies most often on Troegenator to get through the winter.

Old Mud isn't as bad as some others. I was weened on Old Mud pounders.

Back when I was bar tending my way through college I had a redneck from out of town order a Pabst, when I explained we didn't have that he asked for a Piels, then a Schlitz with more disbelief each time. He finally settled for a "Millers".

Back when I was bar tending my way through college I had a redneck from out of town order a Pabst, when I explained we didn't have that he asked for a Piels, then a Schlitz with more disbelief each time. He finally settled for a "Millers".

That's hilarious!

My nominee for worst rot-gut, cat-piss beer known to man:

My nominee would be the Upstate NY delicacy Utica Club Light, favored by my ex-wife's dad (R.I.P.) who said "When you drink as much beer as I do you have to buy the cheap stuff."
He was about the size of Daniel McCullers.

And then for a brief period of a couple years, maybe 2010-2012 ?, Pabst was suddenly the new ironic hotness amongst the hipster doofuses (or is it doofi?)

My nominee would be the Upstate NY delicacy Utica Club Light, favored by my ex-wife's dad (R.I.P.) who said "When you drink as much beer as I do you have to buy the cheap stuff."
He was about the size of Daniel McCullers.

I'm going with Natty Bo....the national swill of Baltimore. Back in the day some friends and I rented a beach house in OC, Md. First order of business was for me to go get beer.....lots of beer. Cheap beer. I bought ten cases of that ****.......and never heard the end of it.

My truck broke down yesterday, it's in the shop so I borrowed my dad's car last night* and had heated leather seats this morning when it was 12*. :)

*Dad was in the hospital last week with pneumonia and isn't allowed out of the house yet, especially when it's cold.

Last edited:
Hey weather service, **** you. No snow yet this year where I am south of Philly. And that includes last week's storm. You couldn't predict my ex's next period if I gave you a calendar.

Two inches of snow on the ground, 20F at midday; just like last year, in mid-December. The forecast it melting this weekend, but I don't believe them.

Hey weather service, **** you. No snow yet this year where I am south of Philly. And that includes last week's storm. You couldn't predict my ex's next period if I gave you a calendar.
Some of these forecasters couldn't even tell you what happened yesterday, let alone what is going to happen tomorrow.

The forecasted low for today is 30, yet it is 16 outside right now. I mean are they too lazy to even fix their dumbass mistakes?

And for the record I can remember several winters that we never went as cold as it is right now....in the middle of November. **** global warming, I need to build a fire and maybe even buy a thicker winter jacket.

Heard on the radio last night that buffalo/upstate NY is getting 5-6 FEET of snow before Thanksgiving. Eff that noise.

I worked for a company that had its HQ in Rochester. I went up there for a 2 week training course the last couple weeks of January. The high one day was 12. The local weather guy said "not too bad today, looks like we should get about 12 inches of snow". That would shut down my Southern town for a week.

Apparently Buffalo, NY got 6'4" of snow yesterday which may be a national record for a 24 hour period. Al Gore must be in town.
I am SO glad I don't have to go through there any more once or twice a month to see my kids or pick them up for weekends from the ex. Been through some nasty weather there but nothing like that.