• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Global warming science keeps making the same mistakes and proclaiming unrealistic tim

Those millions of tons of pulverized rock thrown into the atmosphere will act as a cooling insulator, just like the Pinatubo eruption in 1991:

"The 1991 eruption of Pinatubo produced about 5 cubic kilometers of dacitic magma and may be the second largest volcanic eruption of the century. ... The large aerosol cloud caused dramatic decreases in the amount of net radiation reaching the Earth's surface, producing a climate forcing that was two times stronger than the aerosols of El Chichón. Effects on climate were an observed surface cooling in the Northern Hemisphere of up to 0.5 to 0.6°C, equivalent to a hemispheric-wide reduction in net radiation of 4 watts per square meter and a cooling of perhaps as large as -0.4°C over large parts of the Earth in 1992-93."

https://pubs.usgs.gov/pinatubo/self/

Hawaii Volcano: Lava Flow Completely Fills The Beautiful Kapoho Bay

Hawaii's Kilauea volcano claimed its latest victim, the picturesque Kapoho Bay as it filled the bay with molten lava flows. Overnight, hundreds of homes were destroyed as rivers of lava poured into oceanfront communities.

Just a few days ago Kapoho Bay was a beautiful vacation destination, filled with vacation homes, beautiful beaches and clear water. Today, the bay is filled with a lava field that extends 0.8 miles from the old bay, completely reshaping the coastline of Hawaii.

180605-gif-usgs-lava-kapoho-bay-article-620x350.gif

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevor...-fills-the-beautiful-kapoho-bay/#2e110c03491e

So the narrative will go - AGW was disrupted by natural events. We will pick up on the warming when we can present data that confirms it. Stay tuned, we will produce it.

It's a sign!

Hawaii's Erupting Volcano Is Making It Rain Green Gems

screen-shot-2018-06-14-at-2-39-14-pm-1529001602.png

These stones are known as olivine crystals.

According to geologists at the University of Hawaii, the crystals are carried along with lava out of the volcano and into the sky. Some of that lava instantly cools in the air. When that happens, it turns into a rock known as pumice. The transformation is so sudden that gasses are trapped within the pumice and force their way out, leaving the rock lighter and full of holes. From these holes, olivine rains over the island.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/sc...ilauea-hawaii-volcano-crystals-olivine-green/

It's settled, global warming alarmism is fake news

SCIENTISTS: 30 YEARS OF DATA SHOW THE ‘GODFATHER’ GLOBAL WARMING WAS WRONG

Former NASA climate scientist James Hansen famously warned Congress almost 30 years ago to the day that human activities had put the world on the path to disaster, but two scientists now say the global warming “godfather’s” predictions were wrong.

Cato Institute scientists Patrick Michaels and Ryan Maue compared Hansen’s temperature predictions to real-world observations and found his supposedly “highly unlikely” forecast with the least amount of warming was the most accurate.

“Global surface temperature has not increased significantly since 2000, discounting the larger-than-usual El Niño of 2015-16

”“Assessed by Mr. Hansen’s model, surface temperatures are behaving as if we had capped 18 years ago the carbon-dioxide emissions responsible for the enhanced greenhouse effect,” the two scientists wrote. “But we didn’t. And it isn’t just Mr. Hansen who got it wrong.”

“Models devised by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change have, on average, predicted about twice as much warming as has been observed since global satellite temperature monitoring began 40 years ago”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/06/22/godfather-global-warming-was-wrong/

We've been monitoring global temps for 40 years out of 4 billion, and we are supposed to know what is natural vs man made warming/cooling?
I guess I'm a little skeptical.

We've been monitoring global temps for 40 years out of 4 billion, and we are supposed to know what is natural vs man made warming/cooling?
Yeah, but......ManBearPig said......and the UN has billions of dollars, not theirs, allocated to fix this......

Sent from my SM-N950W using Steeler Nation mobile app

No skepticism allowed with this particular branch of "science".

Heads asplodin' alert!

US Judge Throws Out Climate Change Lawsuits Against Big Oil

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A U.S. judge who held a hearing about climate change that received widespread attention ruled Monday that Congress and the president were best suited to address the contribution of fossil fuels to global warming, throwing out lawsuits that sought to hold big oil companies liable for the Earth's changing environment.

Noting that the world has also benefited significantly from oil and other fossil fuel, Judge William Alsup said questions about how to balance the "worldwide positives of the energy" against its role in global warming "demand the expertise of our environmental agencies, our diplomats, our Executive, and at least the Senate."

"The problem deserves a solution on a more vast scale than can be supplied by a district judge or jury in a public nuisance case," he said.

https://www.usnews.com/news/busines...s-out-climate-change-lawsuits-against-big-oil

Where's the outrage?

Oh, can't blame the USA, this story will be buried by the media

90 per cent of global plastic waste comes from just 10 rivers in Asia and Africa

Critics of Australian supermarkets' plastic bag ban continue to drum up protest, as it is revealed that 90 per cent of the world's plastic waste comes from just 10 rivers in Asia and Africa.

The river systems that carry the most waste into the ocean include the Amur, Ganges, Hai, Indus, Mekong, Pearl, Yangtze and Yellow Delta in Asia, as well as the Niger and Nile in Africa, a research paper has revealed. (trunc)

The study, carried out by Germany's Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, suggests that the most effective way of reducing the amount of plastic in the world's oceans is by addressing the sources of pollution along such waterways as these.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-plastic-waste-comes-rivers-Asia-Africa.html

Last edited:
Where's the outrage?

Oh, can't blame the USA, this story will be buried by the media

90 per cent of global plastic waste comes from just 10 rivers in Asia and Africa

Critics of Australian supermarkets' plastic bag ban continue to drum up protest, as it is revealed that 90 per cent of the world's plastic waste comes from just 10 rivers in Asia and Africa.

The river systems that carry the most waste into the ocean include the Amur, Ganges, Hai, Indus, Mekong, Pearl, Yangtze and Yellow Delta in Asia, as well as the Niger and Nile in Africa, a research paper has revealed. (trunc)

The study, carried out by Germany's Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, suggests that the most effective way of reducing the amount of plastic in the world's oceans is by addressing the sources of pollution along such waterways as these.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-plastic-waste-comes-rivers-Asia-Africa.html

But let's get rid of straws anyhow.....

Well I see the usual bunch still have their heads firmly buried in the CONservative polluted sand....meanwhile for the rest of us living with reality.....speaking of which; how much did you enjoy that heat dome and accompanying heat wave sitting over you Pittsburgh, as the arctic continues to melt and the jet stream oscillates wildly in ways we have never seen before?

Stay tuned denier lemmings, the best is yet to come.

spiral_2017_large.gif

evar

Wouldn't it be cool to see a supervolcano blow in Antarctica, killing off all the earth's population in the southern hemisphere?

5 billion less mouths to feed. Gaia would approve.

We could give up NYC to some melting ice for that

The irony of your statement, and the beauty of it is that because the northern hemisphere has more land mass than the southern it will kill fat, racist Americans at a higher rate as more land mass means more thermal energy absorption and the resulting extreme weather events that come with it.

The sad part is it will also kill black Americans and Canadians of all races who don't deserve this. Witness the 54 that just died in Quebec from the heat wave that just ended.

The irony of your statement, and the beauty of it is that because the northern hemisphere has more land mass than the southern it will kill fat, racist Americans at a higher rate as more land mass means more thermal energy absorption and the resulting extreme weather events that come with it.

The sad part is it will also kill black Americans and Canadians of all races who don't deserve this. Witness the 54 that just died in Quebec from the heat wave that just ended.

I honestly pity you. It must really suck to have that much hate inside you.

giphy.gif

Wow. You really are a despicable human being. My condolences.

Well there it is. Any credibility you had with me, which was near zero, is officially gone.
You may need help.

Must've read the thread about my ex-wife.

I honestly pity you. It must really suck to have that much hate inside you.

Actually you and your buds are the ones to be pitied. Your post and all the others by the usual Reich Wing suspects completely ignore the fact that I was responding to Spike's wish that a volcano go off and kill all the people in the southern hemisphere that just happen to share one characteristic.....My....my....

And don't tell me about Australia or New Zealand when the overwhelming majority in the southern hemisphere share the characteristic I speak of.

It's too easy. I put out the bait and the usual " non racists" show up to call me a racist.......Lol

All the while ignoring the ingroup racism that they and their truly sick buddies engage in on a daily basis on this white supremacist forum.

Actually you and your buds are the ones to be pitied. Your post and all the others by the usual Reich Wing suspects completely ignore the fact that I was responding to Spike's wish that a volcano go off and kill all the people in the southern hemisphere that just happen to share one characteristic.....My....my....

And don't tell me about Australia or New Zealand when the overwhelming majority in the southern hemisphere share the characteristic I speak of.

It's too easy. I put out the bait and the usual " non racists" show up to call me a racist.......Lol

All the while ignoring the ingroup racism that they and their truly sick buddies engage in on a daily basis on this white supremacist forum.

Do you realize that many posters on here, myself included, will throw out ridiculous stuff just to see dimwits like you go off into your hysterical tirades. Our President is a master of this. You are so easy.

giphy.gif

No one brings up race more than the lovely Elfie.

Are we feeling Hispanic or African today?

Does your self dosing affect the heritage you "feel", or does it just channel you randomly?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Steeler Nation mobile app