• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Going back-back, to cali cali... I mean Iraq

Spike

Reaction score
hahahaha - Go Hillary!

Hillary slams Obama for ‘stupid’ foreign policies

WASHINGTON — Hillary Clinton blasts President Obama’s foreign policy in an interview published Sunday, saying her former boss’ failure to have a clear strategy for the Middle East has spawned the current Islamic State crisis in Iraq.

“Great nations need organizing principles, and ‘Don’t do stupid stuff’ is not an organizing principle,” said Clinton, who was Obama’s first secretary of state and who is said to be mulling a run for the White House.

Clinton’s slam comes at a time when Obama’s popularity has bottomed at 40 percent and his foreign policy is under fire from members of both parties amid a proliferation of crises overseas.

In particular, she trashed the administration’s “failure” to arm Syrian rebels in the early phase of their uprising against President Bashar al-Assad — a policy she says she tried to change

“The failure to help build up a credible fighting force of the people who were the originators of the protests against Assad — there were Islamists, there were secularists, there was everything in the middle — the failure to do that left a big vacuum, which the jihadists have now filled,” Clinton said

http://nypost.com/2014/08/10/obamas-plan-to-stop-isis-panned-by-both-sides-of-aisle/

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
So she wanted to arm the Isis? Maybe not "directly" but that's the outcome. I'm buying my support for Assad shirts today

Sometimes I am learning. A savage is needed to control the savages.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
They cut a 5 year old boy in half for being Christian - http://www.wnd.com/2014/08/5-year-old-christian-boy-cut-in-half-by-isis/

It might be time to go back there - in big way. Of course that would require an open declaration of war against these ********, and this president won't do that. I'm ready for an earnest war against radical Islamists - a new Crusade. They've already declared against us.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Bomma is racist and hates Muslims. Or does He love them? I can't tell. Someone explain it to me.
He loves anyone/group who will help him advance marxism in the US, so it is situational. He needs to be told.

Spike

Reaction score
'No boots on the ground'

Obama sends 130 Marines and special forces to Iraq

article-2723139-207ECD3B00000578-472_638x407.jpg

Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel addresses the Marines assembled in a hangar at Camp Pendleton on Tuesday. Hagel announced the Iraq deployment in his remarks at this Southern California base

'This is not a combat boots on the ground kind of operation,' Hagel said

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2723139/US-sends-130-troops-Iraq.html

--------------------------

That's somebody's boots

hamster

Pronouns: Your lordship
Contributor
Reaction score
'No boots on the ground'

Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel addresses the Marines assembled in a hangar at Camp Pendleton on Tuesday. Hagel announced the Iraq deployment in his remarks at this Southern California base

'This is not a combat boots on the ground kind of operation,' Hagel said

That's somebody's boots
We are told that it is a force meant to protect our Consulate in Irbil, which consists of 40 people. Wouldn't it have been a lot easier to just put them on a plane and get them out of there?
I believe they are there for a different reason. Possibly to call in air strikes, while fighting with the Kurds.

Ironcitysteelers

Contributor
Reaction score
Some has to paint that target with the laser. **** that these boys are hunting the leader. What hole will we drag him out of.

Spike

Reaction score
Wouldn't it have been a lot easier to just put them on a plane and get them out of there?

Ask Obama - this is his war - the blood is on his hands.

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
But at least we won't be having boots on the ground, not.

Spike

Reaction score
relax - I got this

obama_vacation-1.jpg

Ironcitysteelers

Contributor
Reaction score
United States Marines, special forces and the USAID disaster assistance relief team briefly landed today on Mt. Sinjar in Iraq, a U.S. official told ABC News.

It was the first time ABC News has learned of any Americans landing on the mountain, where thousands of Yazidis are trapped and facing a humanitarian crisis.

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel announced on Tuesday that the United States has sent a 130 member military assessment team to Erbil in the autonomous Iraqi province ofKurdistan to determine what further assistance the U.S. can provide to the Yazidis.

U.S. Sends 130-Member Military Assessment Team to Erbil

Gut-Wrenching Images of Yazidi Refugees as They Search for Loved Ones

Watch: If We Had Stayed on the Mountain, 'We Would Have Died'

Thousands of members of the Yazidi minority group fled to the mountain in order to escape from ISIS in northern Iraq.

The Yazidis, a religious minority in Iraq, have been targeted by the Islamic army for being what they call "devil worshipers" and were threatened with execution if they didn't agree to convert to Islam.

Addressing a group of Marines during a visit to Camp Pendleton in California, Hagel said the team had arrived in northern Iraq “to take a closer look and give a more in-depth assessment of where we can continue to help the Iraqis with what they’re doing and the threats that they are now dealing with."

The new team is in addition to the 40 U.S. military personnel already in Erbil who for several weeks have been manning a Joint Operations Center with Kurdish military forces.

Hagel said the team would soon provide an assessment to Centcom that would make its way to the Pentagon “very shortly.”

Rod Farva

Reaction score
I remember we had "advisors" and no "military" involvement once before but damned if I can remember vietnam where.

I think that was Bush's fault too.

Spike

Reaction score
British rapper turned ISIS jihadist poses with severed head

A British rapper who travelled to Syria to fight for ISIS has posted a photograph on Twitter showing himself posing with a severed head.

The sickening image was taken in the city of Raqqa - the capital of ISIS' self-declared caliphate - and uploaded to the social media site along with the caption

'Chillin' with my homie or what's left of him.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...owns-villages-close-Syrian-border-Turkey.html

hamster

Contributor
Reaction score
British rapper turned ISIS jihadist poses with severed head

A British rapper who travelled to Syria to fight for ISIS has posted a photograph on Twitter showing himself posing with a severed head.

The sickening image was taken in the city of Raqqa - the capital of ISIS' self-declared caliphate - and uploaded to the social media site along with the caption

'Chillin' with my homie or what's left of him.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...owns-villages-close-Syrian-border-Turkey.html
Chopping heads for Allah.
I'll never understand how many believe that this would be pleasing to any God.

Ironcitysteelers

Contributor
Reaction score
Well....

Zahko, Iraq (CNN) - First, the extremist fighters surrounded a Yazidi village in northern Iraq.

Then they swept in on Friday, officials said, killing at least 80 men and taking more than 100 women captive.

The brutal scene in the village of Kojo played out 20 kilometers (12 miles) from the Sinjar Mountains, where a day earlier U.S. President Barack Obama -- citing the success of targeted airstrikes -- declared an end to an ISIS siege that had trapped tens of thousands.

hamster

Contributor
Reaction score
We are now seeing true Islam in the Islamic State... Just the way the Prophet practiced it. Attacking, pillaging, stealing property, killing the men, raping and enslaving the women and children. I truly hope most muslims see how dysfunctional their theology is, and abandon it to the trash heap where it belongs.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
We are now seeing true Islam in the Islamic State... Just the way the Prophet practiced it. Attacking, pillaging, stealing property, killing the men, raping and enslaving the women and children. I truly hope most muslims see how dysfunctional their theology is, and abandon it to the trash heap where it belongs.

You know what they say....**** in one hand, wish in the other and see which one fills up first.....

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score

We need to convert them to Christianity...........

Numbers 31:7-18

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.

hamster

Contributor
Reaction score
We need to convert them to Christianity...........

Numbers 31:7-18

They attacked Midian just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they killed all the men. All five of the Midianite kings – Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba – died in the battle. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. Then the Israelite army captured the Midianite women and children and seized their cattle and flocks and all their wealth as plunder. They burned all the towns and villages where the Midianites had lived. After they had gathered the plunder and captives, both people and animals, they brought them all to Moses and Eleazar the priest, and to the whole community of Israel, which was camped on the plains of Moab beside the Jordan River, across from Jericho.

Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.
That is so 5000 years ago. Moses doesn't threaten me today like the Caliphate does.
That was weak, even for you.

PoloMalo43

Banned
Reaction score
I long for the days when real men occupied the white house.......................

bush-hands.jpg