• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Going back-back, to cali cali... I mean Iraq

I just saw a picture of this massive AQ caravan headed towards Baghdad. We've been asked by the PM to provide air strikes, so why don't we take this opportunity to light up a few thousand AQ? They're riding right down the middle of the street - right out in the open!

technically, they are not al-Qaeda

Iraq crisis: is ISIS part of al-Qaeda?

How Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi challenged Ayman al-Zawahiri and, under his leadership, ISIS became a separate al-Qaeda faction

The sudden rise of ISIS – the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham – is the result of a crisis in the worldwide jihadist movement that has set the two most powerful heirs to the mantle of Osama bin Laden at loggerheads and led to the group's formal split from al-Qaeda.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...392/Iraq-crisis-is-ISIS-part-of-al-Qaeda.html

technically, they are not al-Qaeda

Iraq crisis: is ISIS part of al-Qaeda?

How Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi challenged Ayman al-Zawahiri and, under his leadership, ISIS became a separate al-Qaeda faction

The sudden rise of ISIS – the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham – is the result of a crisis in the worldwide jihadist movement that has set the two most powerful heirs to the mantle of Osama bin Laden at loggerheads and led to the group's formal split from al-Qaeda.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...392/Iraq-crisis-is-ISIS-part-of-al-Qaeda.html
Close enough.

Nuke em all till they glow and use their ***** for runway lights

ISIS Leader to USA: ‘Soon We Will be in Direct Confrontation’

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), issued a rare audio message back on January 21 in which he flatly stated his group’s intention to march on Baghdad and move into “direct confrontation” with the United States.

“Our last message is to the Americans. Soon we will be in direct confrontation, and the sons of Islam have prepared for such a day”

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ter...ader-usa-soon-we-will-be-direct-confrontation

He should have just said "mission accomplished" then follow it up with " making progress, it's easier.

Did you hit submit and think you'd put up some form of crafty rebuttal? Thank you for helping our argument.

Bush stated "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended and the United States and our allies have prevailed" and at that time, the "war", the initial battle, the defense by the sovereign nation of Iraq ended. His statement was accurate. It was then on to nation building, a battle that we prematurely quit.

You will notice he didn't say that al Qaeda had been decimated, that they were defeated. No silly claims. Simply that we'd prevailed in our battle to secure control of Iraq.

Iraq is now a disaster because one B. Hussein decided to pull our troops and end the mission before it was done. And he claimed that al Qaeda had been decimated (kill, destroy, or remove a large percentage or part of). Nothing could have been further from the truth. Al Qaeda now owns more land, more resources and employs more people than EVER in history.

I'm sure that is Boooshh's fault. Not the fault of the incompetent moron in the White House.

This is more like it

Obama%27s+Iran+mission+accomplished.jpg

Nuke em all till they glow and use their ***** for runway lights

ISIS Leader to USA: ‘Soon We Will be in Direct Confrontation’

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), issued a rare audio message back on January 21 in which he flatly stated his group’s intention to march on Baghdad and move into “direct confrontation” with the United States.

“Our last message is to the Americans. Soon we will be in direct confrontation, and the sons of Islam have prepared for such a day”

This Abu Bakr dude is speaking too soon. He will have his hands full holding onto what gains he has made in Iraq. Iraq has a Shia majority, and you can be rest assured that they are gearing up for the long haul sectarian battle. The Iraninans know that their sovereignty is threatened, and will not allow a militant Sunni gang on their doorstep. This is going to get a lot bloodier.

maybe we're taking too many prisoners

ISIS Leader: ‘See You in New York’

When Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi walked away from a U.S. detention camp in 2009, the future leader of ISIS issued some chilling final words to reservists from Long Island.

The Islamist extremist some are now calling the most dangerous man in the world had a few parting words to his captors as he was released from the biggest U.S. detention camp in Iraq in 2009.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06/14/isis-leader-see-you-in-new-york.html

Did you hit submit and think you'd put up some form of crafty rebuttal? Thank you for helping our argument.

Bush stated "Major combat operations in Iraq have ended and the United States and our allies have prevailed" and at that time, the "war", the initial battle, the defense by the sovereign nation of Iraq ended. His statement was accurate. It was then on to nation building, a battle that we prematurely quit.

You will notice he didn't say that al Qaeda had been decimated, that they were defeated. No silly claims. Simply that we'd prevailed in our battle to secure control of Iraq.

Iraq is now a disaster because one B. Hussein decided to pull our troops and end the mission before it was done. And he claimed that al Qaeda had been decimated (kill, destroy, or remove a large percentage or part of). Nothing could have been further from the truth. Al Qaeda now owns more land, more resources and employs more people than EVER in history.

I'm sure that is Boooshh's fault. Not the fault of the incompetent moron in the White House.

You're very welcome but I think the incompetent moron IS named Boooooosh, here let me help you get up the curb Stevie Wonder:

Have you ever heard of the 'Status of Forces' agreement Boooooooosh signed in 2008? You know the one that agreed we had to have ALL our troops out by the end of 2011?

Yeah that agreement. The one that pulled out the rug from under our current presidents plan to leave 30,000 troops in Iraq.

Yeah Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh did that.

As we speak (and because the universe loves irony) the aircraft carrier ' George H.W.Bush' is sailing toward the Persian Gulf where it will sit at a safe distance and watch the fighting, you know like his son W. during Vietnam.

Nice try on Bush's statement being accurate when we all know it was Baathist party members fighting a guerrilla war, not al-qaeda till much later. That was also a nice try in attempting to co-opt the nation building part as if it was all good. 'it was then on to nation building". YOU MEAN SOMETHING BUSH SPECIFICALLY PROMISED HE WOULD NOT DO WHILE CAMPAIGNING? Is that what you speak of?

Crafty enough for you?

2 shoes for Tim----0 for Polo

Last edited:
So I am sort of trying to peg who Polo is... He or she has zero actual posts outside of God and Govt., which typically points to a fake account from another poster... especially when you are on a specific team site like this... An outside team's fan would be agitating on the main boards as well, as would a contrarian debater... a true believer heretic type for either side is actually rare... most hardcores will concede certain points in debates. it would be a stretch that someone found their way here and is taking time to press all these issues on a low key forum like this... they tend to play on the more national level...

So I am sort of trying to peg who Polo is... He or she has zero actual posts outside of God and Govt., which typically points to a fake account from another poster... especially when you are on a specific team site like this... An outside team's fan would be agitating on the main boards as well, as would a contrarian debater... a true believer heretic type for either side is actually rare... most hardcores will concede certain points in debates. it would be a stretch that someone found their way here and is taking time to press all these issues on a low key forum like this... they tend to play on the more national level...

Pittsburgh and the rural area around it are interesting in that they are in the north but their minds aren't in the north. It's more like redneck north, it's a unique place. Get the picture?

I have posted in the football forum.

Pittsburgh and the rural area around it are interesting in that they are in the north but their minds aren't in the north. It's more like redneck north, it's a unique place. Get the picture?

I have posted in the football forum.

http://steelernation.com/search.php?searchid=34581&pp=&page=6

138 posts.. one in the football forum... that was tonight paying respects to Coach Noll...technically you didn't lie... but it is nice to know we are all tracked on what we say here

and Pittsburgh is unique... it is nothing like the south... totally different atmosphere down that way... and thankfully its nothing like New York or boston...

That's an interesting observation, considering Pittsburgh is heavily Democrat.

It's elfie. Elfie even used the same robot chicken clown car accident video. You can also tell as the further arguments go on the more polo gets unwound just like elfie. Eventually it'll be personal attacks, then "go ahead and ban me!". Then another persona with the same IP maybe blessing us with another racist "blackface" rant.

Good times.

It's elfie. Elfie even used the same robot chicken clown car accident video. You can also tell as the further arguments go on the more polo gets unwound just like elfie. Eventually it'll be personal attacks, then "go ahead and ban me!". Then another persona with the same IP maybe blessing us with another racist "blackface" rant.

Good times.

Yeah I'm just coming apart at the seams, and this calling me 'elfie' thing I don't know if that's supposed to be some kind of inside joke to insult me, but whatever.

Yeah I'm just coming apart at the seams, and this calling me 'elfie' thing I don't know if that's supposed to be some kind of inside joke to insult me, but whatever.

Haha, you've previously acknowledged that you remember elfie, and now you act as though you have no idea who I'm referencing. You should study your party, they lie much better than you do. Still waiting on that answer about where you're from elfie.

Haha, you've previously acknowledged that you remember elfie, and now you act as though you have no idea who I'm referencing. You should study your party, they lie much better than you do. Still waiting on that answer about where you're from elfie.

Yes I remember elfie what does that have to do with my question if it's an inside joke calling me that name?

She posted in a thread months ago where I first posted the Beirut '83 bombing and mentioned she had brought it up before in this forum. She also as you said used the Adult Swim cartoon which I thought was very clever at describing what goes on here so I knicked it.

Sue me.

Hey spike, as a man who sat in da mans chair, what you think about this ahit.

Hey spike, as a man who sat in da mans chair, what you think about this ahit.

We won the war but the politicians lost the peace - I wash my hands of it

US evacuates Baghdad embassy

The United States has evacuated most of its personnel from the Embassy in Baghdad and dramatically stepped up security for those who remain as thousands of Islamic fighters bear down on Iraq's capital city.

Some 5,500 people work in the massive Embassy complex in the heavily-fortified Green Zone in Baghdad. Many will be airlifted to Amman, Jordan, and others will be sent to consulates in Basra, in the south, and Erbil, in the Kurdish north.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sands-Islamic-fighters-bear-capital-city.html

We won the war but the politicians lost the peace - I wash my hands of it

US evacuates Baghdad embassy

The United States has evacuated most of its personnel from the Embassy in Baghdad and dramatically stepped up security for those who remain as thousands of Islamic fighters bear down on Iraq's capital city.

Some 5,500 people work in the massive Embassy complex in the heavily-fortified Green Zone in Baghdad. Many will be airlifted to Amman, Jordan, and others will be sent to consulates in Basra, in the south, and Erbil, in the Kurdish north.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sands-Islamic-fighters-bear-capital-city.html

At this point, what difference does it make?

relax, our best people are working the problem

vietnam109-sjpg_950_2000_0_75_0_50_50.jpg