• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Golson update

True which perhaps is one of the reasons they haven't IR'd him.

With this news, as long as our other defensive backs can stay healthy, the Steelers should be able to get away with him as a game day inactive until he is ready to go. Even if he doesn't see a lot of snaps, it would be nice to see Golson contribute at some point during the season.

It'd be great if he could actually get a few practices under his belt.

That's what I have been saying. Everyone on here thinks he is going to play the week he comes back. The dude has never practiced or played a preseason game. He is at the bottom of the list to sniff the field. He still has to prove himself in practice which he has never done. Sure, I hope he can be a great player for us. But, realistically, if he sniffs the field this year, that means our secondary is worse than it has ever been and that's after at least a handful of regular season games.

if he at least gets to practice with the team by week 8 he might be able to contribute @ ST and maybe even some spot duty at dime defenses by the final weeks (you know, when we are winning 30-7 on our way to a bye in the playoffs...)

Great news. Sounds like he'll be ready to go Monday night against the Redskins. If he can walk, he can play. ;)

He should know the playbook pretty well I'd assume, right?

With this news, as long as our other defensive backs can stay healthy, the Steelers should be able to get away with him as a game day inactive until he is ready to go. Even if he doesn't see a lot of snaps, it would be nice to see Golson contribute at some point during the CAREER.

Fixed it for yaz

Salute the nation