• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hate for Najee?

If Harris is mediocre, name the average NFL backs with 4,100 yards and 28 TDs over the past three seasons.

The Steelers tried to pay Le’Veon and he passed because, well, he’s an idiot.
Joe Mixon
More yards, More TD's, More efficient.

It is a well studied statistical phenomenon that many backup running backs will have a higher YPC than the starter but as soon as attempts equal out they usually come back down to to the same or lower. Williamson and Lolley had a long discussion about this and the numbers last season.
When the #1 is legit and the #2 has over 100 attempts, the statistical phenomenon goes out the window.

Warren has never taken the the team on his back.

And Harris has better stats than Bettis 3 years in so Lacy>Harris>Bettis? No? Then what’s the point?

I wish Harris had been more productive but I don’t put all of that on him. I’ve witnessed him get met in the backfield by a defender far more than I’d like to remember. I’ve cringed after hearing fans complain about him getting a 1 yard gain out of what could have been a 2 yard loss. He has six 100 yard rushing games which is double the amount of career fumbles he has. You guys act like he’s the RB version of Huey Richardson.
6 100 yard rushing games out of 53 Starts? You think that is a stat Harris puts at the top of his resume? LOL
I guarantee no other NFL runningback in history has 6 or less 100 yard rushing games in 53 starts

2016 Leveon Bell had 6 100yd games and a 236 yd rushing game, in 12 starts

6 100 yard rushing games out of 53 Starts? You think that is a stat Harris puts at the top of his resume? LOL
I guarantee no other NFL runningback in history has 6 or less 100 yard rushing games in 53 starts

He also had a real offensive line, QB and coach. Najee has had absolute **** to work with and behind.

Joe Mixon
More yards, More TD's, More efficient.
Barely, and would you say Najee had the supporting cast that Mixon had over the last three years? He also just got a contract averaging $9 million/year despite having four more seasons of wear and tear than Najee.

Warren’s not used in short yardage and he fumbles twice as often. Najee can have 5-10 carries in a game in short yardage or garbage time that he averages 1-2 ypc. That can easily bring down his overall ypc by a yard or more.

I like Warren, but get the feeling I’d like him a lot less as the feature back. If I had to choose between Najee or Warren, I’d keep Najee.
Najee is the only runningback in the league that short yardage carries count towards his ypc??
lol
When you have to go back 50+ years and dig up a Franco Harris ypc stat to prove a point, you already lost the argument.

Guarantee? How much will you pay me for every example I can find?
Bell also had Foster, Pouncey and DeCastro blocking for him and Mike Munchak as a OL coach.

He also had a real offensive line, QB and coach. Najee has had absolute **** to work with and behind.
None of which Warren had either.
Warren was the 2nd most efficient RB in the NFL in 2023 (over 100 carries)

If Harris was 5+ YPC for his career like Warren, Nobody would be complaining about the QB, Coach, Coordinator or the O-line

Guarantee? How much will you pay me for every example I can find?

Bell also had Foster, Pouncey and DeCastro blocking for him and Mike Munchak as a OL coach.
How did the running game look after Bell left?

Najee is the only runningback in the league that short yardage carries count towards his ypc??
lol
Uh, not all backs are used in short yardage. More proof that you’re just a fantasy head.
When you have to go back 50+ years and dig up a Franco Harris ypc stat to prove a point, you already lost the argument.
What, football wasn’t football then? I could have used Bettis as well.

You think Devon Achane was the best back in the league by far with his 7.8 ypc? His ypc was best by far.

Devin Singletary.

66 starts, six 100-yard games.

What do I win?

None of which Warren had either.
Warren was the 2nd most efficient RB in the NFL in 2023 (over 100 carries)

If Harris was 5+ YPC for his career like Warren, Nobody would be complaining about the QB, Coach, Coordinator or the O-line
It seems like you only read box scores and don't watch the games. Warren was used far more creatively and less predictably than Najee when he was in the game. Canada used Najee like battering ram and was far more surgical in his use of Warren. The play calling was far different between the two making it almost impossible to compare them.

Devin Singletary.

66 starts, six 100-yard games.

What do I win?
You don't win anything, Singletary has 7 with playoffs.
5-7 200LBs, 4.6 ypc for his career, more TDs, More rushing yards, more receiving yards

Singletary is nowhere near a 1st round talent either.

Last edited:
It seems like you only read box scores and don't watch the games. Warren was used far more creatively and less predictably than Najee when he was in the game. Canada used Najee like battering ram and was far more surgical in his use of Warren. The play calling was far different between the two making it almost impossible to compare them.
How could anyone dare compare the two? They just play for the same coach, QB and playcallers, in the same offense, with the same guys blocking.
Doesn't seem like a fair comparison??

Najee's career timeline according to the homers

2021 preseason
"Steelers finally got an elite RB to replace Bell"
2022 preseason
"He's not top 5 RB, but definitely top 10 NFL RB"
2023 preseason
"Harris is our bellcow, if warren got more touches he would be less efficient than Harris"
2024 preseason
"How can they not pay him, he hasn't been worthy of his #1 pick, he's slow with a low career ypc but he's been solid and injury free. Plus he has 6 career 100yd games in 53 starts, how are the Steelers ever gonna find that production for only $7 million a year??"
" Warren is used differently that why he looks so much better and his stats are superior by every metric, The team gives warren all the easy plays and the opposing defenses don't play Warren as tough as they play Harris."
"Canada turns into an offensive genius whenever Jaylen goes in the game"

What are the excuses gonna be in 2025 when Warren outplays him this year?

Last edited:
Najee's career timeline according to the homers

2021 preseason
"Steelers finally got an elite RB to replace Bell"
2022 preseason
"He's not top 5 RB, but definitely top 10 NFL RB"
2023 preseason
"Harris is our bellcow, if warren got more touches he would be less efficient than Harris"
2024 preseason
"How can they not pay him, he hasn't been worthy of his #1 pick, he's slow with a low career ypc but he's been solid and injury free. Plus he has 6 career 100yd games in 53 starts, how are the Steelers ever gonna find that production for only $7 million a year??"
" Warren is used differently that why he looks so much better and his stats are superior by every metric, The team gives warren all the easy plays and the opposing defenses don't play Warren as tough as they play Harris."

What are the excuses gonna be in 2025 when Warren outplays him this year?
what is yours going to be when he and Warren both rush for 1000 yards? They are a complimentary tandem and benefit greatly from each other. Not sure what you don't get about that or what you don't get about the fact neither has been truly use properly their entire careers.

what is yours going to be when he and Warren both rush for 1000 yards? They are a complimentary tandem and benefit greatly from each other. Not sure what you don't get about that or what you don't get about the fact neither has been truly use properly their entire careers.
I won't need one, Warren will once again thoroughly outperform him, rushing and receiving efficiency, touch for touch.

We can make a bet if you want? barring injury. See how the chips fall at the end of the season?
I'm in
Want to put you're money where you're mouth is?

Loser leaves Steelernation

I won't need one, Warren will once again thoroughly outperform him, rushing and receiving efficiency, touch for touch.

We can make a bet if you want? barring injury. See how the chips fall at the end of the season?
I'm in

Betting money and a ban bet would be two different bets. If he would accept a bet who gets to decide the winner?

As you seem to think your opinion is factual. I can imagine that would continue post bet….

I'm in

Harris is a durable RB. Played thru many injuries. The only way you can ever truly compare them if Warren would get starts. And even then I will also say I hope our offense has evolved some from the offense we have had the past few years. Harris was constantly asked to run into a stacked box. Would Warren do better? Possibly. The way they split their carries now are not identical. Could Warren take the pounding Harris does being 30 lbs lighter? Possibly. I personally like the tandem they have here. Probably won't have it after this season. Hopefully they both ball out in our new system.

I'm in

Again you can't remotely compare what they have done touch for touch. They have been used in VERY different ways. Your analysis is superficial and biased. I looked at splits from last year and the down usage was very different as was the percentage of runs to passes when they were in the game. Najee was very consistently being used when the other team knew we were likely to run and we did. Warren on the other hand was used far more frequently in packages and down situations where we were a threat to run or pass and did pass far more often. This one fact alone makes any real comparison of stats futile at best. The defenses were able to and did key on Najee when he was in the game versus Warren who got the benefit of looser defenses due to the threat of the pass.

I'm in

why would leaving Steelernation be a part of any bet? We want more people not less.

that being said Najee has taken this team on is back 3 years in a row. Warren has not had to do so. I am glad we have both.

You don't win anything, Singletary has 7 with playoffs.
5-7 200LBs, 4.6 ypc for his career, more TDs, More rushing yards, more receiving yards

Singletary is nowhere near a 1st round talent either.
6/53 games > 7/88 games

Pay the man!

Betting money and a ban bet would be two different bets. If he would accept a bet who gets to decide the winner?

As you seem to think your opinion is factual. I can imagine that would continue post bet….
Ban Bet
My opinion can be backed up by facts and statistics.
I will bet you too if you want?

Again you can't remotely compare what they have done touch for touch. They have been used in VERY different ways. Your analysis is superficial and biased. I looked at splits from last year and the down usage was very different as was the percentage of runs to passes when they were in the game. Najee was very consistently being used when the other team knew we were likely to run and we did. Warren on the other hand was used far more frequently in packages and down situations where we were a threat to run or pass and did pass far more often. This one fact alone makes any real comparison of stats futile at best. The defenses were able to and did key on Najee when he was in the game versus Warren who got the benefit of looser defenses due to the threat of the pass.
Just say you don't want to bet.

I knew you wouldn't
It's ok