• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Healthcare.gov-gotta love it

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
So, 2 and half years ago when my husband lost his job I decided to go on healthcare.gov to buy us health insurance. Not having a lot of time to figure this out I just chose a plan from there and purchased it.

At the end of that year, I realized for a variety of reasons that the plan sucked and since we didn't qualify for any subsidies I was better off buying outside the exchange (which by the way is down to only one plan offered in our area now.)

Well, little did I know that Healthcare.gov automatically enrolled me in a new plan. After of course long waits on hold and a million robo-menus I talked to a very nice lady who said no worries, she would terminate that plan.

A few weeks later, after already buying a plan on our own, I got a bill for the Healthcare.gov plan. Mildly annoyed, I called Healthcare.gov back, more hold time, more robo-menus but the upshot of it was, I was told no worries, just don't pay your first premium and the plan will be cancelled. Got one more bill after that, another phone call, same answer. Never got another bill after that.

By the way, I asked for email or written conversation of the cancellation numerous times (of the policy that I never asked to be enrolled in int he first place). I was told they can't. do that but would make a note of our call in their system.

So today, on joyous Open Enrollment day, I got an email stating I was being re-enrolled in my "current plan" at a higher premium.

Turns out according to their records I am still enrolled in the first plan. Despite never having paid a premium. And they will not unenroll me from the new 2018 plan unless I "terminate" my 2017 plan. So they are wanting me to basically admit that I still have a plan through them, so they can terminate it, so they can un-enroll me from another plan I never asked to be enrolled in. And if I am not willing to do that, they are keeping me automatically enrolled for next year.

Two hours on the phone with three people and I cannot get this straightened out. Here's hoping I am not about to receive a bill for 10 months of insurance coverage which I never used, while also paying for a new plan.

That sounds like the Government all right. I had a similar problem when I worked for the Government. I won't go into all the gory details but there was a period of eight or nine months I was walking around with no health insurance but I was paying for the most expensive one out there, blue cross - blue shield. The problem was that I didn't know it and neither did blue cross - blue shield. This all started when I tried to change my insurance coverage.

I haven't had personal health insurance in 15 years. No ******* way I'm paying the money they want me to pay in. **** that. I'm waiting on that **** to die or John McCain to ******* kick the bucket. Mother ****** and I had better never meet. Bunch of mother ******* liars. Obama can burn in hell for ramming this middle class *** rape through as well.

If I get really sick I'll just die and wait for them in hell. ******* pricks.

So, 2 and half years ago when my husband lost his job I decided to go on healthcare.gov to buy us health insurance. Not having a lot of time to figure this out I just chose a plan from there and purchased it.

At the end of that year, I realized for a variety of reasons that the plan sucked and since we didn't qualify for any subsidies I was better off buying outside the exchange (which by the way is down to only one plan offered in our area now.)

Well, little did I know that Healthcare.gov automatically enrolled me in a new plan. After of course long waits on hold and a million robo-menus I talked to a very nice lady who said no worries, she would terminate that plan.

A few weeks later, after already buying a plan on our own, I got a bill for the Healthcare.gov plan. Mildly annoyed, I called Healthcare.gov back, more hold time, more robo-menus but the upshot of it was, I was told no worries, just don't pay your first premium and the plan will be cancelled. Got one more bill after that, another phone call, same answer. Never got another bill after that.

By the way, I asked for email or written conversation of the cancellation numerous times (of the policy that I never asked to be enrolled in int he first place). I was told they can't. do that but would make a note of our call in their system.

So today, on joyous Open Enrollment day, I got an email stating I was being re-enrolled in my "current plan" at a higher premium.

Turns out according to their records I am still enrolled in the first plan. Despite never having paid a premium. And they will not unenroll me from the new 2018 plan unless I "terminate" my 2017 plan. So they are wanting me to basically admit that I still have a plan through them, so they can terminate it, so they can un-enroll me from another plan I never asked to be enrolled in. And if I am not willing to do that, they are keeping me automatically enrolled for next year.

Two hours on the phone with three people and I cannot get this straightened out. Here's hoping I am not about to receive a bill for 10 months of insurance coverage which I never used, while also paying for a new plan.

And people wonder why the gubmint can't run ****

I haven't had personal health insurance in 15 years. No ******* way I'm paying the money they want me to pay in. **** that. I'm waiting on that **** to die or John McCain to ******* kick the bucket. Mother ****** and I had better never meet. Bunch of mother ******* liars. Obama can burn in hell for ramming this middle class *** rape through as well.

If I get really sick I'll just die and wait for them in hell. ******* pricks.

Tell us how you really feel.

**** you guys. The Government knows best , so STFU.

Oh hey, when I was on the treadmill yesterday at the gym, the crawler on CNN was touting how many people were going to have cheaper health insurance thanks to increased taxpayer subsidies lowering their premiums by about 10% versus last year. The crawler also stated that those who didn't qualify for subsidies would see an increase of as much as 55%. Man, Obama care is awesome.

You should just move to Canada, eh.

Less paperwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Oh hey, when I was on the treadmill yesterday at the gym, the crawler on CNN was touting how many people were going to have cheaper health insurance thanks to increased taxpayer subsidies lowering their premiums by about 10% versus last year. The crawler also stated that those who didn't qualify for subsidies would see an increase of as much as 55%. Man, Obama care is awesome.

Jesus, Sarge, this **** is obvious. Stop earning so much money. Become a Section 8, foodstamp-garnering, EITC leech on the taxpayer and qualify for the subsidies. Duh.

Only dumbshits earn money and pay taxes.

Yeah, so our "affordable" insurance premium was 935/mo the first year, 1089/mo last year, and have been informed it will be 1465/mo this year.For a 6850 individual deductible, 13500 family deductible and 50% co-insurance up to an annual out of pocket max of 26,500.

Yeah, so our "affordable" insurance premium was 935/mo the first year, 1089/mo last year, and have been informed it will be 1465/mo this year.For a 6850 individual deductible, 13500 family deductible and 50% co-insurance up to an annual out of pocket max of 26,500.

******* Trump.

I also have to wonder, how many people are being counted as "having health insurance" now who don't have it, don't want it, and haven't paid the premiums but according to Healthcare.gov are still actively enrolled.

Yep you get to pay somebody else's premiums and yours. Unless you are a deadbeat...

Jesus, Sarge, this **** is obvious. Stop earning so much money. Become a Section 8, foodstamp-garnering, EITC leech on the taxpayer and qualify for the subsidies. Duh.

Only dumbshits earn money and pay taxes.

If I could work for cash under the table I would do just that. I would love to go Galt and contribute to the collapse. I figure we are headed to a reboot so we might as well not drag it out.

I would make more money each year if I went on disability or unemployment. I tried looking at subisidies to help me pay for my MANDATED insurance. I make too much money on my own to qualify....but hey....let me become completely dependent on the gov't, and I can get free HC. Makes NO sense. Well....it DOES, but you know what I mean.

Tell us how you really feel.

Very very angry when I think about healthcare.gov...haha. It's infuriating to say the least. What's worse is the people who promised to repeal it have flat out done the opposite. It makes me think tar,feathers and run out of town on a rail. It's nothing but stealing from one group and giving it to another. It trainwrecked the market as they intended it to do. Bravo. The government has no business taking over this industry. If they wanted to promote something it should be physical activity and healthier lifestyles,but not forced onto people. Everybody wins with a healthier fit population as a majority. What we have now is the complete opposite and no amount of insurance can fix that.

135.png

y'all just dont understand BommaCare.