• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Helter Skelter - 'Baltimore police say gangs 'teaming up' to take out officiers'

I watched today on CNN. They were saying that he was hog tied. That is where I got that info.

Cops don't carry rope around with them to tie people up. His ankles were shackled and he had handcuffs on. Some media outlets have referred to that as being "hog-tied", which would mean his legs and arms were tied together, rendering him virtually immobile. . Do you really believe the police "hog-tied" him? With what? And then once he was "hog-tied" they broke his spine? How?

Cops don't carry rope around with them to tie people up. His ankles were shackled and he had handcuffs on. Some media outlets have referred to that as being "hog-tied", which would mean his legs and arms were tied together, rendering him virtually immobile. . Do you really believe the police "hog-tied" him? With what? And then once he was "hog-tied" they broke his spine? How?

Most officers do in fact carry zipp ties. That way they have a way to restrain more than one or two subjects. They could hogtie a person with those, but I don't think Grey was hogtied.

I keep saying things like this are a result of bad cops not racism. Most of you folks don't want to believe that Police Agencies are rife with poor training bad policy and officers that act beyond the law.The fact is this is real life not a Law and Order marathon on TV. Cops are not perfect they are human like us which is why we must maintain our critical thinking when dealing with issues like this and hold police accountable. There is a lot of dialing back of militant officers against thebpublic attitudes that needs to happen.

THe mayor of Baltimore said on Thursday, I believe that if the 3 strong black women on this case (her, the prosecutor Moseby, and the AG Lynch) couldn't get justice for Freddy, than who would?

The next day, the charges are filed.

I keep saying things like this are a result of bad cops not racism. Most of you folks don't want to believe that Police Agencies are rife with poor training bad policy and officers that act beyond the law.The fact is this is real life not a Law and Order marathon on TV. Cops are not perfect they are human like us which is why we must maintain our critical thinking when dealing with issues like this and hold police accountable.

I agree with everything you said except the idea that police agencies are "rife" with this kind of behavior. Despite the media attention a case like this gets, police deal with hundreds of thousands of violent, drugged up career criminals every year without incident. Certainly when cops do get out of line they need to be held accountable. But often people are injured or killed by police solely due to their own actions (aka Michael Brown). That gets lumped in with the few bad cops in the media and the minds of these protesters. So yes, we all must maintain critical thinking.

Now I'm seeing reports that Gray was on heroin and pot and was observed taking part in a drug deal before running from police. We definitely don't know the whole story here, as usual.

Last edited:

Some of you really need to read slowly before you comment. It is not a situation of whether I believe anything. I am just saying what I heard. I do not give a **** how they ****** up his spine. I am just commenting on a message board, about what I heard. There are some ***** *** men on this message board that want to argue back and forth over trivial bullshit. I am not interested in a whole bunch of back and forth typing. They can have it, but I will not stop making comments in threads. I will just ignore the ***** niggas. This is not necessarily meant for you btw, other than the read slowly part..

Some of you really need to read slowly before you comment. It is not a situation of whether I believe anything. I am just saying what I heard. I do not give a **** how they ****** up his spine. I am just commenting on a message board, about what I heard. There are some ***** *** men on this message board that want to argue back and forth over trivial bullshit. I am not interested in a whole bunch of back and forth typing. They can have it, but I will not stop making comments in threads. I will just ignore the ***** niggas.

I don't really get what you're trying to say...you want to post comments but don't want people to respond to them? Engaging in discussion and debate is kind of the whole point of a political message board isn't it?

And I'm a woman by the way.

He was in ankle restraints and handcuffs, not hog tied from what I understand. The other occupant of the vehicle stated that it sounded like he was repeatedly banging himself against the vehicle.

However, he was supposed to be secured inside the vehicle by seatbelt or harness and he was not. That is on the police, as well as the lack of prompt medical attention which they've already admitted to. I don't think they're blameless, they'll probably be convicted of something. The question is whether they intended to harm him or not.
Even in a regular Crown Victoria cop car, prisoners are supposed to be buckled with a seat belt. A lot of cop car rear seats have pockets in the back for the perp's handcuffed hands to fit into. However not all perps are real cooperative about getting into the back seat (or back of a van) as you might expect, and i'm sure after a few minutes of struggling the cops just say **** it and drive off, and I don't blame them.

I don't really get what you're trying to say...you want to post comments but don't want people to respond to them? Engaging in discussion and debate is kind of the whole point of a political message board isn't it?

And I'm a woman by the way.

It is the nagging posters here that I can not stand. Punk *** losers, just here to irritate people. What I posted was not mine. It was what I heard. Do not ask me "If I believe it" if I heard it, and commented on it. I do not have to explain it, CNN does. Bottom line, the police did wrong. I am not interested in 3 to 4 pages typing the same thing I did in my initial post. I will not let certain ******* hogtie me up like that. The back and forth over the most trivial bullshit is not what I am interested in doing...As I said before, this was not necessarily meant for you, but you felt the need to tell me that you are a woman. I already know that..

Last edited:
It is the nagging posters here that I can not stand. Punk *** losers, just here to irritate people. What I posted was not mine. It was what I heard. Do not ask me "If I believe it" if I heard it, and commented on it. I do not have to explain it, CNN does. Bottom line, the police did wrong. I am not interested in 3 to 4 pages typing the same thing I did in my initial post. I will not let certain ******* hogtie me up like that. The back and forth over the most trivial bullshit is not what I am interested in doing...

You posted what you heard. Other people posted what they heard, and what their thoughts are on it. It's called a discussion. No one's trying to irritate you, we're all discussing the facts of the case as they come out in the media. You don't have to like it, or engage in it.

You posted what you heard. Other people posted what they heard, and what their thoughts are on it. It's called a discussion. No one's trying to irritate you, we're all discussing the facts of the case as they come out in the media. You don't have to like it, or engage in it.

LOL OK. My point exactly..

The back and forth over the most trivial bullshit is not what I am interested in doing.
You must be new. Just wait till you check out the actual football forum. Welcome to SN.com. :beer: /sarcasm

Last edited:
As I said before, this was not necessarily meant for you, but you felt the need to tell me that you are a woman. I already know that..

You quoted me in your comment, obviously I would assume you were talking to me. You then went back and edited your post to say that it wasn't meant for me.

It seems to me you are the one calling people names, telling people how they can and cannot respond to you, and generally trying to agitate. The rest of us are simply discussing the facts of the case. You may think it's trivial, I don't happen to think any of it is trivial at all. Facts matter.

You quoted me in your comment, obviously I would assume you were talking to me. You then went back and edited your post to say that it wasn't meant for me.

It seems to me you are the one calling people names, telling people how they can and cannot respond to you, and generally trying to agitate. The rest of us are simply discussing the facts of the case. You may think it's trivial, I don't happen to think any of it is trivial at all. Facts matter.

Look here, my initial post plainly stated, without the editing that the only part meant for you, was the read slowly part. You then tell me that you are a woman, so I go and edit to try to get through your head, that you could not initially get through. At this point, I could care less. Yes I do not like some of these mfers around her. I will not apologize for that. You can think what the hell you want. I am done. "NOW", my initial post is meant for you. You are the exact type of poster I was talking about. I did not know it until now. Good day, and riddance..

So if Freddie was just hanging out waiting to help old ladies cross the street as as Moseby makes it sound, why did he run from the cops?

I agree with everything you said except the idea that police agencies are "rife" with this kind of behavior. Despite the media attention a case like this gets, police deal with hundreds of thousands of violent, drugged up career criminals every year without incident. Certainly when cops do get out of line they need to be held accountable. But often people are injured or killed by police solely due to their own actions (aka Michael Brown). That gets lumped in with the few bad cops in the media and the minds of these protesters. So yes, we all must maintain critical thinking.

Now I'm seeing reports that Gray was on heroin and pot and was observed taking part in a drug deal before running from police. We definitely don't know the whole story here, as usual.

YouTube is full of videos of police misconduct. There is a large ammount of incidents that get swept under the rug because police agencies investigate themselves. In this case we would probably know nothing about it if the arrest hadn't been caught in video by a bystander. The blue wall of silence is a real thing.

Look here, my initial post plainly stated, without the editing that the only part meant for you, was the read slowly part. You then tell me that you are a woman, so I go and edit to try to get through your head, that you could not initially get through. At this point, I could care less. Yes I do not like some of these mfers around her. I will not apologize for that. You can think what the hell you want. I am done. "NOW", my initial post is meant for you. You are the exact type of poster I was talking about. I did not know it until now. Good day, and riddance..

I do not give a rat's *** what you think of me or anyone else here, and I think I can speak for others when I say that.

I do not give a rat's *** what you think of me or anyone else here, and I think I can speak for others when I say that.
Ron Burgundy may be my alter ego but I don't give a rat's *** in real life either.

Some of you really need to read slowly before you comment. It is not a situation of whether I believe anything. I am just saying what I heard. I do not give a **** how they ****** up his spine. I am just commenting on a message board, about what I heard. There are some ***** *** men on this message board that want to argue back and forth over trivial bullshit. I am not interested in a whole bunch of back and forth typing. They can have it, but I will not stop making comments in threads. I will just ignore the ***** niggas. This is not necessarily meant for you btw, other than the read slowly part..

That post made zero sense. As in, I really couldn't tell (at all) what you were trying to say. It's not often I look at an entire post and simply can't interpret it in the least.

This is one.

You're pretty pompous and intolerant aren't ya? May I suggest:

51gsGXuXxwL.jpg

I'm pretty sure I got under his skin when I attacked his CNN comments, and his alluding to their reporting as factual. When I challenged him in my sarcastic tone, I must have gotten under his skin. Yet he flipped on you.

6Rings: I watched today on CNN. They were saying that he was hog tied. That is where I got that info.

Me: Your first problem was watching CNN. Your second was believing what you saw.

6Rings: Ok where can I go for the truth??? Who says I believed it?? I am only discussing what may be the facts, as reported by the media. They are there, so I would think that they would know a little more than you and I.

Me: They were there?? CNN reporters are stationed inside paddy wagons as police haul around their victims?

His next post was the one no one could understand while appearing to flip on you.

The fact that anyone believes the media reports facts anymore is amusing to me.

Actually the media does report the truth. There are times when they do not, in an attempt be the first to report on a specific story. On those occasions, we find out later what the real truth is.. Most of the time, they report information as it comes in. That information may not be accurate, but it is still news.

Last edited:
Actually the media does report the truth. There are times when they do not, in an attempt be the first to report on a specific story. On those occasions, we find out later what the real truth is.. Most of the time, they report information as it comes in. That information may not be accurate, but it is still news.

Brian Williams thinks different.

People don't put much faith in media, or in politicians anymore. Strange that folks would put faith in police; they are mostly just marketers and tax collectors now....