• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Hey Johnny Boy.....

I *really* wanted Dallas to take him.

Same here.

I don't get all the hate for his talent. I do understand people not liking his attitude, but lets face it all this kid has done is win. I sure hope those of you that are all knowing about football are right, cause I don't see it. I really didn't want to face him twice a year.

I seem to recall Tebow beating the Steelers in the last playoff game they appeared in, which was also the last game Timmuh appeared in. /salt meet wound

I can't remember the last time I saw any Steeler get to a quarterback.
Well played.

for what it's worth, Nate Burleson fractured his arm in Browns minicamp

snakebit would apply here, but unsure if that would be to Nate, the Browns or both equally.

I think fans have a lot if hate for him but the players respect his game don't think people will head hunt him. I remember he got a flag for taunting but all he said was nice hit nice hit 47 after he got tackled near the goalline.

I look at it this way. He went lower than a lot of people expected but he wasn't worth an extremely high pick and none of the teams in the middle of the first round really need a QB. I think it was a pretty smart move by Cleveland to trade for a second pick in the first round and get him later.

Last edited:
I think fans have a lot if hate for him but the players respect his game don't think people will head hunt him. I remember he got a flag for taunting but all he said was nice hit nice hit 47 after he got tackled near the goalline.

I watched that game. He walked away from the guy then came back at him. He gestured towards the score board. I'm pretty sure he said more than "nice hit". The ref is standing right there and heard what he said and immediately threw the flag.

hoyer will start wk 1
and even with us beating them wk 1, hoyer will be consitent but with little talent around him the fo will push the new staff to throw jhonny into the ditch.

I don't get all the hate for his talent. I do understand people not liking his attitude, but lets face it all this kid has done is win. I sure hope those of you that are all knowing about football are right, cause I don't see it. I really didn't want to face him twice a year.

Really? I didn't see him win a national title or a conference title. Last year, I saw him lose to every good team he faced.

I agree with the NFL guys who have said he may be impactful at first, but his style combines with his size will get him hurt very badly fairly quick in his career. His best upside would be Flutie... and what did he ever win as a starter? Ive heard too many times that a pick like this will be a moldbreaker, and frankly they are almost always busts. And that's assuming he doesn't do some incredibly stupid and self destructive thing to himself...

Really? I didn't see him win a national title or a conference title. Last year, I saw him lose to every good team he faced.

When the Gamecocks needed him to do something against Missou, he fell flat on his face.