• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I do what I wanna do, **** it.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/31/politics/obama-to-announce-new-executive-action-on-guns/index.html

(CNN)President Barack Obama is expected to announce in the coming days a new executive action with the goal of expanding background checks on gun sales, people familiar with White House planning said.

Described as "imminent," the set of executive actions would fulfill a promise by the President to take further unilateral steps the White House says could help curb gun deaths.

Plans for the action are not yet complete, and those familiar with the process warn that unforeseen circumstances could delay an announcement. But gun control advocates are expecting the new actions to be revealed next week, ahead of Obama's annual State of the Union address, set for January 12.

The White House wouldn't comment directly on the exact timing or content of Obama's executive orders. White House spokesman Eric Schultz said that the President expected a set of recommendations on unilateral action to arrive at the beginning of the year.

They will get smashed in court. Its a purely political move at anyway because even B-Rock knows he doesn't have the authority to do it and it would be illegal to violate the Constitution.

Funny how this Constitutional lawyer knows just enough about the Constitution to get away with bullshit.

It would not surprise me at all if Obama somehow has interests in stocks of gun mfgs. He has single handedly driven them to record levels.

Funny how this Constitutional lawyer knows just enough about the Constitution to get away with bullshit.

AgnTTqD.jpg

When the hell has he ever cared what violates the Constitution? And what makes you think the courts will magically wake up and do their jobs?

The NRA will file a lawsuit. The courts don't magically do anything but they will hear a conlaw case.

When the hell has he ever cared what violates the Constitution? And what makes you think the courts will magically wake up and do their jobs?

I think Trump is the only candidate with the stones to unabashedly reverse a lot of Bomma's executive orders and bureaucratic overreaches.

I think Trump is the only candidate with the stones to unabashedly reverse a lot of Bomma's executive orders and bureaucratic overreaches.

Rand Paul has already vowed to vacate them all.

We seriously need to revamp the powers given to the president. That's goes for all regardless of party.

http://www.vox.com/2015/11/17/9749754/obama-presidential-power

Obama: I didn’t appreciate how weak the presidency is until I was president

One big thing Barack Obama has learned about being president? The job isn't as powerful as you might expect.

In a new interview with Bill Simmons at GQ, which is well worth reading in full, Obama explains that he "didn't fully appreciate" how "decentralized power is" in the US political system until he took office.

That is, to get anything done, he had to spend a ton of his time trying to persuade other people. Here's what he told Simmons:

OBAMA: What I didn’t fully appreciate, and nobody can appreciate until they’re in the position, is how decentralized power is in this system. When you’re in the seat and you’re seeing the housing market collapse and you are seeing unemployment skyrocketing and you have a sense of what the right thing to do is, then you realize, "Okay, not only do I have to persuade my own party, not only do I have to prevent the other party from blocking what the right thing to do is, but now I can anticipate this lawsuit, this lobbying taking place, and this federal agency that technically is independent, so I can’t tell them what to do. I’ve got the Federal Reserve, and I’m hoping that they do the right thing—and by the way, since the economy now is global, I’ve got to make sure that the Europeans, the Asians, the Chinese, everybody is on board." A lot of the work is not just identifying the right policy but now constantly building these ever shifting coalitions to be able to actually implement and execute and get it done.

Of course, that's right — on a great many issues, the president isn't the policy-wonk-in-chief, he's the coalition-builder-in-chief. And without a strong enough coalition, he can't get his way. This is true on issue after issue — from gun control to the cap-and-trade bill to immigration reform.

This is a common realization that presidents have after taking office. Indeed, it's so common that political scientist Richard Neustadt wrote a book about it decades ago, in which he made the famous argument that at its heart, "Presidential power is the power to persuade."

Now, Neustadt didn't just mean that the president has to rely only on convincing people with the power of his words. Instead, the president is engaged in a long bargaining give and take with all of those actors Obama listed. The president's position, prominence, and powers provide many advantages in that process. Still, of course, presidents often fail to get their way — and even when they do get what they want, they feel like they're working awfully hard at it. Neustadt quotes President Harry Truman complaining:

"I sit here all day trying to persuade people to do the things they ought to have sense enough to do without my persuading them. ... That's all the powers of the President amount to."

Indeed, Obama has chafed against these limits so much that he's pushed the limits of his executive authority in some novel ways, as I described last year. But even here, he has been hemmed in by the courts — for instance, his major 2014 immigration executive actions are currently in legal limbo.

So the president's difficulty getting his way is a persistent feature of American democracy. And Matt Yglesias has argued that it could eventually lead to the doom of the American system — if this usual bargaining and persuasion process breaks down due to increased polarization, presidents will stretch the limits of their authorities ever further, leading to an eventual constitutional crisis.

For now, though, Obama's realization will be familiar to other presidents. As George W. Bush once said, "If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier."

http://www.vox.com/2015/11/17/9749754/obama-presidential-power

Obama: I didn’t appreciate how weak the presidency is until I was president

"

But he was still able to sign enough executive orders and has the EPA pushing his agenda enough times that he has 5 different court cases coming up this year.

In the lead-up to the landmark Paris climate talks in December — an event that yielded a first-of-its-kind global agreement to cut carbon emissions — the Obama administration released a series of sweeping new environmental rules, each garnering both condemnation and deep-pocketed opposition from interest looking to torpedo the regulations in 2016.

As Obama enters the final year of his presidency, much of his focus on environmental issues will be implementing and preserving the work he’s already done. If 2015 was the year he pushed his environmental agenda forward, 2016 could be the year he looks to preserve it.
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/264524-obamas-climate-agenda-goes-on-trial

I would rather hear stuff like this for the next 8 years.

How about we just follow the limits put out there by the constitution?

Quit being racist and hating on the FBP.

How about we just follow the limits put out there by the constitution?

True. But who will enforce the constitution? Our supreme court has already proven beyond any doubt that they're worthless and should have term limits as well. Our congress does nothing. Our senate does nothing. Now that i think of it we're in deep ****. Without enforcement the Constitution is just another piece of paper.

True. But who will enforce the constitution? Our supreme court has already proven beyond any doubt that they're worthless and should have term limits as well. Our congress does nothing. Our senate does nothing. Now that i think of it we're in deep ****. Without enforcement the Constitution is just another piece of paper.

We The People. Second amendment, Baby!

We The People. Second amendment, Baby!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Djfan again.

How is it that a "Constitutional" lawyer, professor or whatever the **** he claims to be can be unaware of how the American system of government works? Or at least, how it's supposed to work.

That goes for Truman, etc. A casual student of our Republic's history should understand these things.

Last edited:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Djfan again.

How is it that a "Constitutional" lawyer, professor or whatever the **** he claims to be can be unaware of how the American system of government works? Or at least, how it's supposed to work.

That goes for Truman, etc. A casual student of our Republic's history should understand these things.

He does what he wants and dares anyone to challenge him. Every single one has folded so far. No balls or they're in league with him.

He does what he wants and dares anyone to challenge him. Every single one has folded so far. No balls or they're in league with him.

Nobody dares challenge the First Black President. NOBODY.

Nobody dares challenge the First Black President. NOBODY.

I honestly don't think that's what it is anymore. There's got to be something more to it.....and imo that "something" is self interest. The clowns now in office are all of the "Hey, everyone's getting theirs.....I don't give a **** what happens as long as I get mine" persuasion. The potus, entire Congress, all cabinet officers and all the various and numerous "agency" heads and their operatives (anyone even remember the name Lois Lerner anymore? ****, the vast majority of 'citizens' never even knew it) should be arrested and tried for treason or at the very least malfeasance and incompetence by common sense commoners.......no more legal contortionism like re-defining the word "is." It's been long overdue.

More gun laws will just drive the entire gun trade underground. It worked so well on the war on drugs....