• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I hope Steelers don’t trade first round pick.

steelhurt

In Andy I trust....
Reaction score
I’m sorry but I just don’t like all this bullshit talk about trading our first round pick to the Niners for no Brandon Aiyuk. We are not a WR away from contending and need these premium picks. I don’t want them to trade up either and have to give away our second round pick just to get one starter. That didn’t work out with Bushy and we lost three potential starters in the process.
Either stay pat and get your OT or trade back a few and still get a good OT.
Do what you can to take the center from WVU in round two. Use your two third round picks to draft two WRs. Lots of talent at that position in this draft.
Sign Justin Simmons the safety and Tyler Boyd the WR. That’s my take but what the hell do I know.
Of course they won’t do any of this!

Don’t think they will. Even if we were to trade for Aiyuk I feel like the primary comp from this year’s draft that the Steelers would give is a third (may be some swaps, lower picks or future picks included as well). Just don’t see his value to most teams as a first+ AND needing to give a huge contract.

would you stand pat if one of the top four QB's got within striking distance. I am just not sold that that guy is on our team right now. so if one of the top four made to say 11 or 12, do you make that move,

Also, about trading for a top we and then needing to pay them … holy balls …

Signing massive extension
April 24, 2024
St. Brown and the Lions reached agreement Tuesday on a four-year extension, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.
ANALYSIS
The initial report has it as a $120 million deal, including $77 million guaranteed. If those numbers hold up when more details come out, St. Brown will tie Tyreek Hill's WR record for average annual value ($30 million) and have the stand-alone record for money guaranteed. Of course, he probably won't hold those records for long, as the list of star WRs nearing the end of their rookie contracts includes Justin Jefferson, CeeDee Lamb and Ja'Marr Chase. In any case, St. Brown has improved his receiving volume and fantasy production with each passing season in the NFL, and he should have another big year in 2024 while catching passes from QB Jared Goff in an offense that will be coordinated by Ben Johnson for at least one more season.

would you stand pat if one of the top four QB's got within striking distance. I am just not sold that that guy is on our team right now. so if one of the top four made to say 11 or 12, do you make that move,
Man that would be tempting if it were Drake Maye I’d have to look hard but I don’t think he will be there or even Jayden Daniels.

April 24, 2024
St. Brown and the Lions reached agreement Tuesday on a four-year extension, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.
ANALYSIS
The initial report has it as a $120 million deal, including $77 million guaranteed. If those numbers hold up when more details come out, St. Brown will tie Tyreek Hill's WR record for average annual value ($30 million) and have the stand-alone record for money guaranteed. Of course, he probably won't hold those records for long, as the list of star WRs nearing the end of their rookie contracts includes Justin Jefferson, CeeDee Lamb and Ja'Marr Chase. In any case, St. Brown has improved his receiving volume and fantasy production with each passing season in the NFL, and he should have another big year in 2024 while catching passes from QB Jared Goff in an offense that will be coordinated by Ben Johnson for at least one more season.
Yep then you have to pay him then what happens when big George comes due. No thanks! I’d rather draft the WRs.

Could be we're going to sign Conor Williams or Brian Allen - but we dont need to restructure anyone to do that.
May also be that we're preparing for any type of bullshit to happen tomorrow and this weekend.

exactly

trade back but don't expend extra draft capital for a WR that early
Coolie, what do the Coogs have at the WR position? Anything intriguing like a Tank Dell type guy?

Aiyuk will want something similar to St. Brown, forget about it. 49ers will probably keep him another year and look for that 3rd round comp. pick in 2026. If someone offered them a second I think they'd jump on it because I don't know how they sign him long term. Maybe a franchise tag for a year but Aiyuk would probably revolt. Too much at stake regarding injury.

April 24, 2024
ANALYSIS
That’s close to $300k per reception.

Pennix and Nix are most probable to drop...
I would have to twice twice..maybe 3 times before passing on either one of them..

Man, I’ve been watching a tape on NFL Network of Drake Mayes pro day. Wow! Very impressive kid making all the throws. Big ******* kid to!
They’re saying he’s likely going to be picked at the ten spot by the Vikings. I’m shocked he’d fall that far. Now he looks like he’s going to be a star in the NFl. Throws a beautiful ball!

No QBs this year please. Need a C, OL, DB and even a NT. Maybe look to find Cam's replacement. This team, for some reason, can find WRs in later rounds.

I don’t think you need to worry about them taking a QB early this year. I’m hoping an OT in first round and center in second round. Two WR’s in round three.

Reactions: xjx
I do not want to trade anything for any wr. I want to sign a free agent or draft one. Maybe both
Trading for Aiyuk smacks of desperation; desperation acts are not how a future SB team acts. Not only would trading for Aiyuk cost a premium in draft capital, he would cost a premium is cap expense, just say no. We are not JUST a WR away, just say no.

Trading for Aiyuk smacks of desperation; desperation acts are not how a future SB team acts. Not only would trading for Aiyuk cost a premium in draft capital, he would cost a premium is cap expense, just say no. We are not JUST a WR away, just say no.
I sort of agree with you. But I will say you don’t move forward standing still. The team needs to find a way to shore up their WRs, RT and C. While adding to their cornerbacks.

But not trading for a WR with 1st round pick.