• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I knew it was a commin'

I want the Larry Holmes statue removed immediately because I was rooting for Gerry Cooney in that fight.

when is this ************ coming down?

lenin_1.jpg

Wrong.

And I've asked this question, time and again. What do you now do about Gettysburg and her 1,340 monuments, half of which are dedicated to the Confederates. And the other battlefields?

The first step in re-writing history is removing the visual reminders. Then, like Alger Hiss, you edit the books.

When historians start protesting the removal of statues, I'll be concerned. Historical preservation wasn't the primary cause of the ******* morons in Charlottesville.

I know you guys love these late night comics, so here's a few more. Pretty solid takes on this past weekend's sad events.

I was asked on Facebook:

I responded that absolutely. Build and erect Union generals alongside the Confederates. Erect statues of Harriet Tubman. and MLK. and anyone else.
but, don't go bleaching history just because it can be offensive to someone.

I agree this would be a better solution.

When historians start protesting the removal of statues, I'll be concerned. Historical preservation wasn't the primary cause of the ******* morons in Charlottesville.

which morons? There was more than one group of morons there. That is the crux of my issue with the whole coverage. Blame all hate.

ISIS doesnt agree with participation trophies.

Dodge Challengers and Tiki Torches have really taken a hit this week, eh.

As well as the Trump golf outfit-inspired khaki pants, white golf shirt uniform of the Neo Nazi Alt Right.

Charlottesville Nazis wearing Donald Trump’s golf outfit as their uniform
https://thegolfnewsnet.com/golfnews...ing-donald-trumps-golf-outfit-uniform-106384/

As the country awoke to shock, disgust and anger over the protests from the night prior, one image stood out. It was of a marcher carrying a torch and wearing the exact same outfit Donald Trump often wears when he plays golf: white golf shirt, khack slacks, a belt and a red Make America Great Again hat. The visual couldn't have been by chance, as many on social media picked up on the parallel between what racists were wearing in Charlottesville and what Trump wears every time he plays golf.

trumpvacay.jpg

DHB8k0qUQAAA-ta.jpg

gettyimages-830759674-embed.jpg

gettyimages-831221784-h_2017.jpg

which morons? There was more than one group of morons there. That is the crux of my issue with the whole coverage. Blame all hate.

"It was the other side who succeeded in completely shutting down what was intended to be a peaceful rally,” ----Jared Taylor, head of white nationalist publication American Renaissance

Really???...... Who brought the weapons Jared?

"Alt-Right" Trumptards: As stupid as they are hateful

And yet I don't remember Fallon talking about Obama failing to call out BLM when the officers were killed. I know his oldest daughter was very young then. Perhaps she wasn't impressionable enough yet.

The issue is with the double standard. Trump did ONE thing wrong. Instead of saying "many sides" he should have come out and condemned both the white supremacists AND Antifa. They both were involved and indeed Antifa activists started the violence so Trump ought to have named both immediately as the culprits in the weekend's tragedy. That would have sent the appropriate message to everyone associated.

As it is, the media has taken up the mantle that ONLY white people are to blame for what happened. It's unfair. Why must white people be blamed for every single thing that's wrong with the world? Seriously? I'd like to know.

I mean, would it make it all go away if Trump just names a national "Kill Whitey" Day? Is that the pound of flesh you need? Freedom from prosecution for an annual day of reckoning against any white people you wish for any reason you like? Kind of your "White Purge"? Cause I'm pretty sure BLM would be all over that. And I expect Seth and Jimmy would feel it was "fair" until the minority crew member on their show knocked on their family door with a club.

Liberals are the American Taliban. Leftists are the new ISIS, they want to purge anything not conforming to their radical agenda.

Take down 'racist' Theodore Roosevelt statue, activists tell New York museum

Hundreds of activists gathered at the American Museum of Natural History on Monday to take down the “racist” statue of Theodore Roosevelt and an urgent call to rename Columbus Day.

HC2x4.jpg

More than 200 people cheered outside the museum as activists covered the statue of Roosevelt on horseback flanked by an African American and Native American on either side and demanded it be ultimately removed.

“A stark embodiment of the white supremacy that Roosevelt himself espoused and promoted,” the group explained in a statement. “The statue is seen as an affront to all who pass it on entering the museum, but especially to African and Native Americans.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ore-roosevelt-statue-protest?CMP=share_btn_tw

Last edited:
As it is, the media has taken up the mantle that ONLY white people are to blame for what happened. It's unfair. Why must white people be blamed for every single thing that's wrong with the world? Seriously? I'd like to know.
Seems to me a lot of the AntiFa and other progressive protestors are also white. Just saying. Sure, it's a much more mixed group of people than the white supremacists /duh, but there were plenty of whites that were out on those street standing up against the Neo Nazis. So of you're blaming them, you too are also blaming white people, are you not?