• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I knew it was a commin'

No, it was just a rumor that James Fields was with BLM, he was actually a Nazi.

It was no rumor Michah Johnson was at a BLM rally shooting 14 police officers, killing 5.

Nice attempt to side step the obvious conclusion. It's not even a debate. You and Libs do not view AntiFA and BLM as bad organizations. You see them as non-violent. You see no terrorism there. You see "selective" racism, selective violence, selective terrorism.

We, the bigger people, condemn it all. You condemn flavors of violence, bigotry and hatred only.

Bannon is a good campaign strategist. Not sure he offered much once in office to get things done. I'm okay with it.

Moving back to the thread... here's another great op-ed I agree with 100% (to go along with the one criticizing the Police I read yesterday):

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...-and-choose-james-s-robbins-column/574235001/

You know, the more I think about Charlottesville. And the more I think about the terrorist attack in Spain. Fear is not the enemy. Never has been. The mantra the media loves to use is terrorist (coming from terror) is meant to put fear in the civilized world. But that's not true.

Anger is the enemy. Most of my friends and I have never been afraid of terror. Not after 9/11. Not after the countless other attacks on innocents around the world. What I (and many of us do) feel is anger. And anger in America right now is what is fueling everything. The white supremacists and Nazi's aren't marching to scare people. They are marching because they are angry. The ANTIFA people are not counterprotesting to save lives or protect people. They are angry.

And while Yoda put it so plainly how anger turns into hatred (and much worse if we let it), it still starts with anger and how we deal with anger as a society. We are not doing a good enough job raising our young people to deal with anger. We are not teaching them what is responsible and civil. Politicians and media LOVE anger. Nothing gets views in our 10-second news cycle like pure, unadulterated anger. But I'm not sure anger gets people to turn out to vote (anger is too quick and impulse/emotion). Anger is also incredibly unhealthy and toxic over long periods of time.

There is a lot of use in media of "fear" and "hate" and not enough use of "anger", which I think is where much of this stems from. Hate is easy to put on people because we can separate it from ourselves. We all get angry but many of us don't think we "hate". To agree people are just angry and don't know how to deal with it might allow some semblance of compassion and understanding. And maybe start to heal and find acceptable ways to disagree with each other.

Last edited:
It's official!

Breaking: Steve Bannon out as White House chief strategist
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/steve-bannon-white-house-chief-strategist/story?id=49295772

20915453_2052421481644722_5612780932242291312_n.png

Not sure why this is big news. He was on thin ice for weeks. It was only a matter of time.

Bannon is a good campaign strategist. Not sure he offered much once in office to get things done. I'm okay with it.

Moving back to the thread... here's another great op-ed I agree with 100% (to go along with the one criticizing the Police I read yesterday):

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...-and-choose-james-s-robbins-column/574235001/

You know, the more I think about Charlottesville. And the more I think about the terrorist attack in Spain. Fear is not the enemy. Never has been. The mantra the media loves to use is terrorist (coming from terror) is meant to put fear in the civilized world. But that's not true.

Anger is the enemy. Most of my friends and I have never been afraid of terror. Not after 9/11. Not after the countless other attacks on innocents around the world. What I (and many of us do) feel is anger. And anger is America right now is what is fueling everything. The white supremacists and Nazi's aren't marching to scare people. They are marching because they are angry. The ANTIFA people are not counterprotesting to save lives or protect people. They are angry.

And while Yoda put it so plainly how anger turns into hatred (and much worse if we let it), it still starts with anger and how we deal with anger as a society. We are not doing a good enough job raising our young people to deal with anger. We are not teaching them what is responsible and civil. Politicians and media LOVE anger. Nothing gets views in our 10-second news cycle like pure, unadulterated anger. But I'm not sure anger gets people to turn out to vote (anger is too quick and impulse/emotion). Anger is also incredibly unhealthy and toxic over long periods of time.

There is a lot of use in media of "fear" and "hate" and not enough use of "anger", which I think is where much of this stems from. Hate is easy to put on people because we can separate if from ourselves. We all get angry but many of us don't think we "hate". To agree people are just angry and don't know how to deal with it might allow some semblance of compassion and understanding. And maybe start to heal and find acceptable ways to disagree with each other.

Yeah everyone is angry. Not sure that most know what they are angry about. I think for a lot of people, it is a chance to:

1) Make Money
2) Beat People up
3) Destroy things.

You could accomplish a lot less on a Saturday and not get paid for it.

True, no biggie. He did his job. President Donald J. Trump won!! He beat evil Hillary like a redheaded stepchild. In a landslide.

Thanks for your help Bannon. See ya.

Not sure why this is big news. He was on thin ice for weeks. It was only a matter of time.

You are correct that this was only a matter of time and not much of a surprise to anyone that's been paying attention. It is big news because Bannon was Trump's Chief Strategist. He's the one who devised the President's 'blueprint' on policy, the one who set the agenda and established priorities. By all accounts Trump trusted him, if for no other reason than he was the man who helped him get elected. Bannon was the Breitbart guy, a direct link to the hardcore Alt Right base.

Considering all that, along with the chaotic events of the past few weeks and months, we've now arrived at a stunning, shocking point in the Trump presidency. To be in a position to have forced out his right hand man, one of his closest political allies only seven months into his term is big, big news. It's also a clear sign that the extremist, far right views Bannon represented was going nowhere fast once he became part of the cabinet and the inner circle. Remember, Bannon was going to spearhead the 'draining of the swamp' of Washington insiders. Bannon was going to 're-set' national discourse skewered towards Alt Right positions. All of that seems to have failed miserably. And this is Trump who's bragged he surrounds himself with the best people.

Where this goes next is anyone's guess. The chaotic, off-the-rails Reality TV Show Presidency continues unabated.

So serious question. How long until Bannon is on CNN or MSNBC or any network for that matter downloading on Trump? I give it until Monday, only because this is the weekend. Tuesday at the VERY latest.

That said, I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see him do the rounds on the Sunday morning talk shows.

You are correct that this was only a matter of time and not much of a surprise to anyone that's been paying attention. It is big news because Bannon was Trump's Chief Strategist. He's the one who devised the President's 'blueprint' on policy, the one who set the agenda and established priorities. By all accounts Trump trusted him, if for no other reason than he was the man who helped him get elected. Bannon was the Breitbart guy, a direct link to the hardcore Alt Right base.

Considering all that, along with the chaotic events of the past few weeks and months, we've now arrived at a stunning, shocking point in the Trump presidency. To be in a position to have forced out his right hand man, one of his closest political allies only seven months into his term is big, big news. It's also a clear sign that the extremist, far right views Bannon represented was going nowhere fast once he became part of the cabinet and the inner circle. Remember, Bannon was going to spearhead the 'draining of the swamp' of Washington insiders. Bannon was going to 're-set' national discourse skewered towards Alt Right positions. All of that seems to have failed miserably. And this is Trump who's bragged he surrounds himself with the best people.

Where this goes next is anyone's guess. The chaotic, off-the-rails Reality TV Show Presidency continues unabated.

It doesn't go anywhere next. This Presidency will be a circus side show for however much longer it lasts. Personally, I think he resigns before the new year. He will never get anything done. He has alienated just about everyone in congress on both sides of the aisle with personal twitter attacks, his councils to help with jobs and infrastructure collapsed and I can't see any way anyone on either side is going to work with him on anything. Not now. Certainly not after everyone in the media and government and business has come out against him on Charlottesville. They aren't going to risk their well being on a guy like Trump. This presidency was dead before it started.

Hmmm, where have I called them heroes?

You've inferred as such. You've showed admiration for them through your posts in this entire thread and struggled with your own back and forth between condemning AntiFA while showing admiration for their actions. Maybe admiring isn't hero worship, I'll concede. But there's no arguing you admire their actions.

First you attempted to downplay the violence, rioting, destruction and fascism they've wrought on this country:

Isolated, violent left wing events - such as those of antifa and blm - are over emphasized on this board and on right-wing news sites

Translation: Left wing violence isn't really real, isn't really that common and therefore really not that bad.

Then, when pressed, you come out and unequivocally condemn AntiFA in the following statement:

I unequivocally condemn - without the slightest hesitancy or moral deliberation - all of the following groups and individuals associated with these groups that call for acts of violence, commit acts of violence or condone acts of violence: BLM, AntiFa, CAIR and the New Black Panther Party.

Pretty bold and definitive statement and we could have stood in agreement, except you then equivocate.

Remember, regardless of what you think of AntiFa - protestors that stand against Racists and Fascists - those on the other side are ******* Nazis!

That is a post of admiration. The organization that calls for violence that you specifically named, AntiFA, a post prior, you now show admiration for. Comical that.

Then you attempt to establish different levels of evil between the two:

So Nazis and fascists are somehow equivalent to those that oppose Nazis and fascists.

The last post is an obvious attempt to say Nazis and Fascists are worse than AntiFA (who are Fascists), both groups who use violence to achieve their nefarious means.

This folks is called being all over the map.

It doesn't go anywhere next. This Presidency will be a circus side show for however much longer it lasts. Personally, I think he resigns before the new year. He will never get anything done. He has alienated just about everyone in congress on both sides of the aisle with personal twitter attacks, his councils to help with jobs and infrastructure collapsed and I can't see any way anyone on either side is going to work with him on anything. Not now. Certainly not after everyone in the media and government and business has come out against him on Charlottesville. They aren't going to risk their well being on a guy like Trump. This presidency was dead before it started.

If there's ever a Hall of Fame for posts on this board, I nominate this one to be enshrined.

And Sarge, I agree with you that Trump will resign but I doubt it will drag on till the end of the year. The little oxygen that's still left in the WH is diminishing by the day. As you so clearly stated, slowly but surely he's chased everyone away to whom he could turn for support. I just hope this ends peacefully, without too much turmoil and upheaval. Whatever comes post-Trump it needs to happen for the benefit of the country and provide some much needed stability. The country will need to come together after this debacle of historical proportions. I trust that it will.

I get a lot of people feel like the guy is being railroaded. I do also to a certain extent, but really only on the Russian thing.

I feel like the media didn't really give him a chance in the beginning. They were on him from minute one. And with his ego, or whatever it is that drives him to get on twitter and make an *** of himself, took over. It has been down hill since. Now all the media has to do is wait for him to speak, or tweet and then it is open season. They were laughing at his Pershing comment to Spain. I mean, what the **** was that? I was kind of embarrassed for him. **** has been debunked a million times, and he spouts it as truth. How does that help? Just feeds the media cycles against him. And on and on we go. It is exhausting.

If people see that as fighting back, more power to him. Looks to me like he is getting his lunch money stolen on a daily basis. No the media hasn't helped. But he has plenty of blame in his own damn failures.

This folks is called being all over the map.
No it's not, I've been perfectly clear.

I've denounced and repudiated violence from extreme factions of AntiFa and BLM. I've stated strong support for anyone willing to peacefully stand up to the KKK and Nazis. I've stated on numerous occasions the Charlottesville protest wasn't one dominated by AntiFa or BLM, nor their violent tactics.

So to break this down for you, I support taking a strong stand against against Nazis, the KKK and white extremists. I support doing so in a loud, boisterous, even forceful manner if need be, as long as it doesn't become violent or involve criminal acts. I condemn protestors who do choose to become violent or commit crimes. I respect anyone who is brave enough to raise their voice against hate groups and injustice, as long as they stay non-violent. There has never been, nor will there ever be moral equivalence between Nazis, the KKK, white supremacists and those that protest against them. The ones who do cross the line should be arrested and charged as applicable. The behavior of a few does not take away from the basic principle that standing up to hatred and bigotry is the right thing to do. The struggle goes on.

Last edited:
What was this thread about again?

Oh yeah - Neo-fascist liberals on the march

Pittsburgh debates future of Stephen Foster statue in Oakland

Pittsburgh city leaders are looking into whether a statue of musical pioneer Stephen Foster should be moved from a spot along Forbes Avenue in Oakland after years of criticism for its depiction of a black character from one of Foster’s songs.

Foster, a Pittsburgh native who died in 1864, is famous for classic songs including “Oh! Susanna” and “Camptown Races.” Many of his songs were used in minstrel shows in which actors performed in blackface. The statue depicts Foster sitting above a shoeless banjo-playing “Uncle Ned”, a slave character from a Foster song.

http://www.wtae.com/article/pittsburgh-debates-future-of-stephen-foster-statue-in-oakland/12027361

DHWGwabW0AAHDN3.jpg

American Left Adopts Taliban Tactics In Destruction Of Historical Icons

As the American left targets historical icons for removal and/or destruction, one is reminded of the way the Taliban destroyed centuries-old Buddhist statues and the Islamic State’s ongoing violence against Christian churches and landmarks.

In short, the American left, the Taliban, and the Islamic State (ISIS) hold two things in common. First, an inability to appreciate the whole of history as it happened, which includes good times and bad. And secondly, a tendency to express this lack of appreciation via violence and destruction.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...taliban-tactics-destruction-historical-icons/

jihadis-destroy-statue-afp-and-protesters-antifa-peace-monument-destruction-ap-640x480.jpg

StatueAnim2.gif

Tim, I can't believe that you have the patience to still be sparing with these chuckleheads.

998.jpg
e8xd0.jpg

There are solutions ya know...

This message is hidden because

Tibs is on your ignore list.
Elfiero is on your ignore list.
Troglodyte is on your ignore list.

Tim, you're wrong. You and I see eye to eye on a lot of things, but on this you are very wrong. I'm sorry, but I'm just going to have to correct this.
Please, do not take any offense, as none was intended.
Just trying to topple a statue before it's completed.

To the Lib, it goes like this, on a scale of 1-10, 1 being Godly, Saint-like and 10 being Lucifer-driven EVIL.

10. Trump.
10. Drumpf
9. White Supremacist
9. Nazi
8. Conservatives
7. ....................
6. .......................
5. .........................
4. BLM
3. AntiFA
2. George Soros
1. Hillary Clinton

This message is hidden because

Tibs is on your ignore list.
Elfiero is on your ignore list.
Troglodyte is on your ignore list.
Thank God, the less interaction I have with SteelChip the better the chances of keeping my brain cells intact. I hope this is a long-term solution for one of the biggest snowflakes on here, who simply can't converse or debate when reason and facts are involved. By silencing opposing views SteelChip can feel safe in his personal echo chamber, aka the Trump Circle Jerk. Make sure someone taps him on the shoulder if and when Trump gets bumped from office, so he doesn't remain locked in his little fantasy world forever.

Just trying to topple a statue before it's completed.

Pause for a moment, if you will, and ask yourself why aren't there aren't any Hitler, Goebbels or Himmler statues in Germany? Or why the first thing our troops did in Baghdad was to topple Saddam's statue? Or why have all the Soviet communist statues been cleared out of central Europe and placed in museums and isolated historical statue parks? And the list goes on.

http://www.mementopark.hu/

Budapest-memento-Park-2-boys-with-flags.jpg

Last edited:

196258_5_.png

Breitbart declares 'war' on Trump after Bannon exit
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...atives-react-with-fury-over-bannons-departure

A Breitbart editor tweeted the word “war” in all-caps following news that former Breitbart News CEO Steve Bannon was fired by President Trump, while another editor wished Trump well “for the remainder of his one term.”

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3o7abu6MhmCNxqUT4I" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7abu6MhmCNxqUT4I"></a></p>

No the media hasn't helped. But he has plenty of blame in his own damn failures.
Sure, the media has piled on, but at the heart of it, all I see are self inflicted wounds. Let's sit back and ponder what all just went down these past four weeks.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fcnn%2Fvideos%2F10157193557671509%2F&show_text=1&width=560" width="560" height="420" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>