• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I knew it was a commin'

You are a likable guy. But you have to be kidding. Either that, or willfully ignorant.

What's up with this 'Tibs is such a great guy' stuff? I won't look up his quotes but the overall attitude that he conveys to me consists of the usual snooty liberal arrogance. He mostly ignores me which is perfect. Elfie only sets itself apart by the level of insanity displayed practically daily. Whatever i guess.

So you're against the death penalty?

Here let me save us some time........NOT!

CONservatives...........................................

Actually, I'm probably against the death penalty more than it's actually used.

To me, the death penalty should only be an option of punishment in certain crimes if guilt is not only beyond a REASONABLE DOUBT, but BEYOND DOUBT. In other words, there are cases where reasonable doubt doesn't exist but still doubt is not 100% absolute certain. Cases based on DNA evidence or even confessions that only happen once or eyewitness testimony from one person, or circumstantial evidence.

All those type of "beyond a reasonable doubt" cases should not be eligible for the death penalty. BUT, if there is NO DOUBT at all. I mean, if you are caught in the act or admit to it over and over and provide information that only the killer would know or a combination of so many things that all doubt is removed from the case. You have the right guy and everyone knows it (including the guilty) and the crime is egregious enough, then yes, I agree with the death penalty.

If you don't have NO DOUBT, then just put the guy away under reasonable doubt and throw away the key for the most heinous crimes. I think that is a fair compromise to the death penalty debate.

Last edited:
Shut down the NFL!!!!!

That'll win you some votes!

WAY TO GO LIBTARDS!!

4 more years!

4 more years!

4 more years!

NAACP calling for boycott of NFL, Atlanta Falcons

ATLANTA - The NAACP has called for a boycott of the NFL. The organization says the league treated free agent Colin Kaepernick unfairly for his headline grabbing protest during the national anthem.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/274655139-story

Actually, I'm probably against the death penalty more than it's actually used.

To me, the death penalty should only be an option of punishment in certain crimes if guilt is not only beyond a REASONABLE DOUBT, but BEYOND DOUBT. In other words, there are cases where reasonable doubt doesn't exist but still doubt is not 100% absolute certain. Cases based on DNA evidence or even confessions that only happen once or eyewitness testimony from one person, or circumstantial evidence.

All those type of "beyond a reasonable doubt" cases should not be eligible for the death penalty. BUT, if there is NO DOUBT at all. I mean, if you are caught in the act or admit to it over and over and provide information that only the killer would know or a combination of so many things that all doubt is removed from the case. You have the right guy and everyone knows it (including the guilty) and the crime is egregious enough, then yes, I agree with the death penalty.

If you don't have NO DOUBT, then just put the guy away under reasonable doubt and throw away the key for the most heinous crimes. I think that is a fair compromise to the death penalty debate.

You're avoiding the point; which is you accuse other people of being flawed in believing in an "eye for an eye", yet you verify in this post that you believe in an "eye for an eye".

Degrees of doubt have nothing to do with you being a hypocrite.

What's up with this 'Tibs is such a great guy' stuff? I won't look up his quotes but the overall attitude that he conveys to me consists of the usual snooty liberal arrogance. He mostly ignores me which is perfect. Elfie only sets itself apart by the level of insanity displayed practically daily. Whatever i guess.

They're trying to make me out to be a scumbag so they are trying to juxtaposition the two "board liberals". So then they insult me like you just did in your last sentence.

It's what debate snowflake losers do when they're getting their ***** pounded up and down this forum.

You're avoiding the point; which is you accuse other people of being flawed in believing in an "eye for an eye", yet you verify in this post that you believe in an "eye for an eye".

Degrees of doubt have nothing to do with you being a hypocrite.

But see, it's not eye for an eye when you punish a new generation for the sins of prior generations. And that is much different than the idea of punishing the guilty for choices THEY make.

What's up with this 'Tibs is such a great guy' stuff? I won't look up his quotes but the overall attitude that he conveys to me consists of the usual snooty liberal arrogance. He mostly ignores me which is perfect.
You know I've been called a lot of nasty things, insulted, slandered, tarred & fearhered on this board. I've been maligned, disparaged, called a Muslim loving communist. My American patriotism and love of my country has been called into question.

But in all my years nobody's ever stooped so low to suggest my overall attitude consists of the 'usual snooty liberal arrogance.'

That cuts deep and burns a searing hole right in the gut. To go that low, to dig so deep, to deliver a fatal, heart-crushing blow. Man, I don't know what to say. And all that just cause you think I've been ignoring you on a message board.

They're trying to make me out to be a scumbag so they are trying to juxtaposition the two "board liberals". So then they insult me like you just did in your last sentence.

It's what debate snowflake losers do when they're getting their ***** pounded up and down this forum.

And they read crazy *** projection unlike they have seen in recent memory.

In my opinion, how we arrived at the Constitution is the most important history of America. What is completely lost on just about everyone, who doesn't take a particular interest, is the amount of intellectual firepower and debate that went into our Constitution. These were deep thinkers who read the histories of what worked and what did not work throughout human history. They did not watch TV. They read history and wrote opinions and debated governing models. The Founders were ******* brilliant, and the Federalist Papers should be required reading for all students. It isn't. I think Of Mice and Men is though. That's an uplifting Steinbeck novel where George shoots his retard buddy Lenny in the back of the head ostensibly because people are ******** but more likely because he's a frustrated loser ****.

I believe that what we are experiencing now is the realization of a relentless and successful purging, over the last 50 years, of all the predicates that went into the Constitution. At this point the populace is incredibly conditioned to group think. There is a sense that someone else should be thinking about big important things, and as long as we hear some anchor ideas, then we trust them. Who has time to to read anything important? Do we have to re-argue all this stuff? What would we argue about anyway? Racism is bad! That sounds like an important thing. Government is bad! That's important.

Puerile ****. This republic is in trouble.

You know I've been called a lot of nasty things, insulted, slandered, tarred & fearhered on this board. I've been maligned, disparaged, called a Muslim loving communist. My American patriotism and love of my country has been called into question.

But in all my years nobody's ever stooped so low to suggest my overall attitude consists of the 'usual snooty liberal arrogance.'

That cuts deep and burns a searing hole right in the gut. To go that low, to dig so deep, to deliver a fatal, heart-crushing blow. Man, I don't know what to say. And all that just cause you think I've been ignoring you on a message board.

The drama...snooty check arrogant check and we certainly know, liberal. I don't see the obvious as being offensive. The difference in idealogies i suppose.

In my opinion, how we arrived at the Constitution is the most important history of America. What is completely lost on just about everyone, who doesn't take a particular interest, is the amount of intellectual firepower and debate that went into our Constitution. These were deep thinkers who read the histories of what worked and what did not work throughout human history. They did not watch TV. They read history and wrote opinions and debated governing models. The Founders were ******* brilliant, and the Federalist Papers should be required reading for all students. It isn't. I think Of Mice and Men is though. That's an uplifting Steinbeck novel where George shoots his retard buddy Lenny in the back of the head ostensibly because people are ******** but more likely because he's a frustrated loser ****.

I believe that what we are experiencing now is the realization of a relentless and successful purging, over the last 50 years, of all the predicates that went into the Constitution. At this point the populace is incredibly conditioned to group think. There is a sense that someone else should be thinking about big important things, and as long as we hear some anchor ideas, then we trust them. Who has time to to read anything important? Do we have to re-argue all this stuff? What would we argue about anyway? Racism is bad! That sounds like an important thing. Government is bad! That's important.

Agree 100%

Just when I was ready to leave this board forever you go and do this. Great post.

The drama...snooty check arrogant check and we certainly know, liberal. I don't see the obvious as being offensive. The difference in idealogies i suppose.

It was feigned outrage on my part. Just doing my best to be a snooty, arrogant liberal. Guess it went over your head.

Oh boy, it's gonna be hard to spin this one.

Ivanka Trump's rabbi denounces the US President's Charlottesville response
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...l-lookstein-a7898626.html?cmpid=facebook-post

A head rabbi at Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner's New York City synagogue denounced President Trump's response to the deadly white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, joining a chorus of political and religious leaders who say the president was wrong to blame "both sides" for the violence.

In a letter Wednesday to his congregation, Rabbi Haskel Lookstein wrote that his community had been "consumed" by the "frightening message and fallout" from the hate-fueled mayhem that left one woman dead and others injured last weekend.

"We are appalled by this resurgence of bigotry and antisemitism, and the renewed vigor of the neo-Nazis, KKK and alt-right," read the letter, which was signed by Lookstein and two other rabbis. "While we always avoid politics, we are deeply troubled by the moral equivalency and equivocation President Trump has offered in his response to this act of violence."

"We pray that our country heeds the voices of tolerance, and stays true to its vision of human rights and civil rights," it read.

The five paragraph letter came a day after the president defended his remarks about the Unite the Right rally and his portrayal of the participants as a mostly benign force.

It was feigned outrage on my part. Just doing my best to be a snooty, arrogant liberal. Guess it went over your head.

I'll bet they're glad their POTUS isn't snooty or arrogant..........

You know, like the last guy that was POTUS..........

Oh...I don't know???

Why did we have to wait till 1964 to get the Civil Rights Act?

I feel that confederate monuments are much like the Redskins name. Arguably offensive but not really hurting anyone. If people are deeply offended by them, they're probably looking for something in which to take offense.

That being said, one of the interesting things I've learned this week is that many (not most) confederate monuments were erected during the civil rights movement. This lends credence to the argument that these monuments are a big "**** you" to blacks.

31c52d8041e66b81916f9d4af80cab42

Fox CEO Rips Trump’s Response To Charlottesville, Pledges $1MM To The Anti-Defamation League

https://money.good.is/articles/james-murdoch-adl-donation

Following his failure to condemn the violence perpetrated against protesters in Charlottesville, Donald Trump appears to have lost another ally in the media and business world. James Murdoch — CEO of 21st Century Fox and son of famed media conservative media icon Rupert Murdoch — made clear in an email that he objects to the president’s response to the Charlottesville atrocities.

In an email to “friends,” obtained and authenticated by The New York Times, James Murdoch took an exasperated tone as he weighed in on both the events and President Trump’s failure to act appropriately in response. He ends with a paragraph offering perhaps the boldest statement in the missive — he and his wife Kathryn will be donating $1 million to the Anti-Defamation League to continue the fight against hate.

Subject: Personal note from James Murdoch re: ADL

Friends,

I’m writing to you in a personal capacity, as a concerned citizen and a father. It has not been my habit to widely offer running commentary on current affairs, nor to presume to weigh in on the events of a given day save those that might be of particular or specific concern to 21CF and my colleagues. But what we watched this last week in Charlottesville and the reaction to it by the President of the United States concern all of us as Americans and free people.

These events remind us all why vigilance against hate and bigotry is an eternal obligation — a necessary discipline for the preservation of our way of life and our ideals. The presence of hate in our society was appallingly laid bare as we watched swastikas brandished on the streets of Charlottesville and acts of brutal terrorism and violence perpetrated by a racist mob. I can’t even believe I have to write this: standing up to Nazis is essential; there are no good Nazis. Or Klansmen, or terrorists. Democrats, Republicans, and others must all agree on this, and it compromises nothing for them to do so.

Diverse storytellers, and stories, can make a difference, and that diversity, around the world, is a crucial strength and an animating force in my business. Often times not everyone agrees with the stories and positions that emerge from this, and that can be difficult. Certainly no company can be perfect. But I’m proud of the powerful art that can emerge, and I’m grateful to all of my colleagues who make this happen. From the potent and compelling narrative of “12 Years a Slave”, to the streets of Pakistan and the bravery of an extraordinary young woman that we saw in “He Named Me Malala”, to name just a few, we’ve never been afraid to help storytellers and artists say important things – hard things, too.

To further demonstrate our commitment, Kathryn and I are donating 1 million dollars to the Anti-Defamation League, and I encourage you to give what you think is right as well.

We hardly ever talk about our charitable giving, but in this case I wanted to tell you and encourage you to be generous too. Many of you are supporters of the Anti-Defamation League already – now is a great time to give more. The ADL is an extraordinary force for vigilance and strength in the face of bigotry – you can learn more here: https://www.adl.org. My very best to you and with all my gratitude,

JRM

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FOccupyDemocrats%2Fvideos%2F1659868304106217%2F&show_text=1&width=560" width="560" height="600" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

sasseben_071917gn_lead.jpg

GOP senator: 'It feels like violence is coming'

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-cannot-calm-the-nation-after-charlottesville

A GOP senator on Friday evening warned that "it feels like violence is coming" and the president won't be able to calm the nation in the face of it.
In an extensive Facebook post, Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) shared thoughts he said were prompted by the violence last weekend in Charlottesville, Va. that left three dead and multiple injured.

He unloaded on President Trump and his administration over the response to the incident, which Sasse called out as motivated by white supremacists. Sasse charged that some of Trump's closest advisers see racial division as an opportunity.

However, he also blamed misunderstandings - some deliberate - on both sides of the aisle and argued that the current national debate should not be "a fight about historical monuments." Many state and local governments are taking steps to remove Confederate statues in the wake of the Charlottesville violence, which was originally organized to oppose the removal of a Gen. Robert E. Lee statue there.

Trump has criticized the removal of Confederate monuments, citing their historic value.

Sasse also said that he doesn't believe Trump can bring the country together after the violence, both what was caused last weekend and what may come in the future.

"I doubt that Donald Trump will be able to calm and comfort the nation in that moment," Sasse wrote. "He (and lots of others) will probably tell an awful combination of partial truths and outright falsehoods."

"On top of the trust deficits that are already baked so deeply in, unity will be very hard to come by," he added.

According to Sasse, Trump's advisers are "whispering" that racial division would serve his agenda.

"Besides ability and temperament, I also worry that national unity will be unlikely because there are some whispering in the president's ear that racial division could be good politics for them," Sasse wrote.

"I worry that some on the left are also going to salivate over these divisions. Like the president's ear-whisperers," he continued. "They see a divided nation as good for their political objectives."

Sasse blasted white supremacy as a "cancer" and 32-year-old Heather Heyer's murder last Saturday as "an act of terrorism." Trump's response in the immediate aftermath of her death has been criticized for failing to blame white supremacist organizers.

"White supremacy and racism are un-American, period," Sasse wrote. "The heartbreak in Charlottesville was the fault of the ‎white supremacists. Heather Heyer was murdered by an act of terrorism. The driver used his car to target public marchers."

Sasse's words were just the latest from Republicans rebuking Trump over a wild press conference Tuesday in which Trump doubled down on his initial remarks and blamed "both sides" for the violence.

"Nobody wants to say that. But I'll say it right now. You had a group on the other side that came charging in without a permit, and they were very, very violent," Trump said of counter protesters on Tuesday.

Make no mistake violence is coming and it has nothing to to with the Boogyman in the Oval Office. Race relations have turned completely to **** in the past decade. It seems to get worse every year and it seems like it's been by design. Stir up as much racial tension and mutual disdain for other races as possible, then step back and watch it explode. I'm not sure who is solely responsible but there are people high up that have been pulling those puppet strings for years. It's getting ready to erupt any day on a huge scale. Thank God my family and I don't live anywhere near a major city. Never been as happy to be a country bumpkin as I am in this day and age. I would never even entertain the possibility of living in a big city.

Make no mistake violence is coming and it has nothing to to with the Boogyman in the Oval Office. Race relations have turned completely to **** in the past decade. It seems to get worse every year and it seems like it's been by design. Stir up as much racial tension and mutual disdain for other races as possible, then step back and watch it explode. I'm not sure who is solely responsible but there are people high up that have been pulling those puppet strings for years. It's getting ready to erupt any day on a huge scale. Thank God my family and I don't live anywhere near a major city. Never been as happy to be a country bumpkin as I am in this day and age. I would never even entertain the possibility of living in a big city.

I'm not putting blame on one particular side, but it's quite clear. If you want to expose the other side, keep throwing gasoline on the fire and highlight all the negative, while you keep piling on. "Vote for us, follow us. They are a hateful, violent and bigoted party. Chaos didn't ensue until they won the WH." Tell me I'm wrong. Who controls the media? As I said before, action gets a reaction. Here we are on the verge of another civil war. Everyone is baited into it.

Last edited: