• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

I re-watched the game. Observations

All good points Sask, just wanted to point out an observation on your offensive comments. All the issues appears to be on Ben. The fumble, the pick, hanging JuJu out on the underneath. I haven’t seen Ben play as bad as he has, even when he’s thrown 4 picks in a game. His INT was unexplainable, you are right, brain dead play there. Also the JuJu play, he had Washington sprinting wide open behind JuJu.The up back already bailed to JuJu before the pass. Had he threw it Washington it was probably a TD. The snap fumble, possibly DeCastro fast pull interrupted Ben’s snap/turn execution. IDK, but he was deep in his own territory. QB has to be situationally aware in that instance.

Second half he was somewhat better, because of Snell’s hard efforts. But it’s obvious he doesn’t have time like he has used to. He also doesn’t step into his passes like he used to. So it’s has to be his knees or he isn’t practicing enough.

The only problem with the D I see is the amount of snaps they are seeing, their health at ILB, plus you have a rookie OLB learning on the fly.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

He RARELY has a nice clean big pocket. It’s a closing clamshell at the snap. How do you really step into a throw when you’re packed in like a sardine.

They’ve been leading the league in sacks and pressures all year, were leading in TO until last week after Thanksgiving.

Look at TOP differential in the last 2 games 10 minutes and 5 minutes. You lose TOP on offense by that much you are gassing your defense, and you know it.

Single turnover in a month? I count 2 against BUF 12/13, 2 against BAL 12/3, that’s not counting the 4 picks a month ago today. That’s getting the ball for your offense.

Their rush defense was fantastic until Alula went out, less than 70 yds/game. It went up to the 80-90 range until he came back. Other than Edwards, there was no other 100 yard rusher since the Raven game. Bernard came close, but he didn’t kill us, the QB keepers did. Which occurred because of inexperience from a rookie. Doesn’t change the outcome, but he will learn from it.

Scheme? What ILB are you using with Williamson? When Gilbert went out (again) there were none. Allen was all they had, unless Ola, Elliott and just activated Scales....all OLB.

Not excusing those 3rd down plays from the Defense, those got to be made. But be real, the offense in the first half was atrocious, Ben especially, and the D was out there way too long and in had cause and effect in the 4th.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

My offense? Why cause I'm putting blame on defense too? Zero turnovers vs two terrible QBs in Alex Smith and last night. They faced back up RBs in both games as well.

Bengals had the ball for 4 more minutes the Steelers.. get out of here with they were gassed in the 4th QTR. Steelers had the ball for almost the entire 3rd QTR and the defense couldn't stop Finley and the offense on that running drive where they ran 8 of 9 plays right down the defenses throat. To put no blame on the defense is ridiculous. The offense sucks but we've heard that for the past 2 months... I just wish the defense could force a turnover in 2 of our 3 losses against atrocious offenses.

My offense? Why cause I'm putting blame on defense too? Zero turnovers vs two terrible QBs in Alex Smith and last night. They faced back up RBs in both games as well.

Bengals had the ball for 4 more minutes the Steelers.. get out of here with they were gassed in the 4th QTR. Steelers had the ball for almost the entire 3rd QTR and the defense couldn't stop Finley and the offense on that running drive where they ran 8 of 9 plays right down the defenses throat. To put no blame on the defense is ridiculous. The offense sucks but we've heard that for the past 2 months... I just wish the defense could force a turnover in 2 of our 3 losses against atrocious offenses.

To me this is where the poor coaching comes in. It says to me that teams have caught up to what the Steelers are doing on both sides of the ball, and the Steelers don't change anything. The question I continue to have is, can they?

Tampa does not have a run game. They are 29th in the league, averaging 5 yards more a game than the Steelers.

Which is why they are 9-5 and won't win the Super Bowl either. However, wrapped up in their stats can you say whether they have to pass on third down to make two yards. Do you know that? Cause that is where the Steelers are.
Now, in no way is Ben Brady accurate or Brady smart with the short rhythm passing game. But Ben could certainly do what he he is doing and be successful if they had a run game. They do not.

Which is why they are 9-5 and won't win the Super Bowl either. However, wrapped up in their stats can you say whether they have to pass on third down to make two yards. Do you know that? Cause that is where the Steelers are.
Now, in no way is Ben Brady accurate or Brady smart with the short rhythm passing game. But Ben could certainly do what he he is doing and be successful if they had a run game. They do not.

Do I know whether or not Tampa Bay has to pass the ball on 3rd-and-2? No, I don't watch every one of their games. Do you? It was your statement that they have a good run game, I just pointed out that the statistics don't support what you said.

Was posting that exact samething in the game thread, not only was it 2DL, but 2DL and a undersized ILB.
The fact that Butler continued to trot out their 2 DL formation in the 4th quarter when everyone with more than 2 brain cells KNEW they were going to RUN the ball goes to show how out of touch this staff is with reality or adjustments.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Steeler Nation mobile app

They do average 4.1 ypc and his wrs don't lead the nfl in drops
Do I know whether or not Tampa Bay has to pass the ball on 3rd-and-2? No, I don't watch every one of their games. Do you? It was your statement that they have a good run game, I just pointed out that the statistics don't support what you said.

The biggest issue still remains, as it was a month ago, the Oline. This isn't 2007-2010 Ben, he can't drag a bad oline up and down the field. He needs a good oline to succeed now, we have a horrible oline. He takes a hit almost every time we try to go downfield. This was Charlie Batchs take this morning on the fan, McFadden said something similar, as did Hoke

Brady has a lower career completion percentage than ben... his accuracy is grossly overstated.....

Props to you for watching that twice. I'd rather get hit in the knee cap with a ball bat, than watch any of the last 3 games again.

I will tell you how the rest of the season unfolds: the Steelers beat the colts just to tease us to believe they are good enough, to keep our hopes up and then lose out to the browns and whoever it is in the first round of the playoffs.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5) Plus mediante Tapatalk

I've watched a few Bucs games since I'm down here in Sarasota/Bradenton area. Marsha typically can't hit the broadside of a barn in the first half of games and then lights it up in the 2nd half. Not sure why but he misses so many wide-open guys in the 1st half of games. I guess that old arm takes time to loosen up. Ronald Jones has been running well and keeping Fournette on the bench but he was injured last week. Fournette had nowhere to run in this last game (their O-line looked like ours) but did manage to get 2 short-yardage TD's. Boy, what I would give for a RB that could get us 1 or 2 yards consistently even when the O-line sucks. They are out there. We just don't have any on our team.

The biggest issue still remains, as it was a month ago, the Oline. This isn't 2007-2010 Ben, he can't drag a bad oline up and down the field. He needs a good oline to succeed now, we have a horrible oline. He takes a hit almost every time we try to go downfield. This was Charlie Batchs take this morning on the fan, McFadden said something similar, as did Hoke

Our problem summed up in a nutshell.