• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Immediate thoughts after the game

JPJ and Jones should definitely start moving forward. The D was horrible in the first half but got lucky. Whatever adjustments they made at half worked and I think it involved a. lot more JPJ on the field to finally cover someone. Plus, they finally got pressure on Lamar.
Adjustments? I thought we didn't make adjustments. Sorry had to.

Maybe. But the whole booth was celebrating and he looked like he was in a trance.
He was like Damn...That isn't what I called.....was it?

gunner needs to be cut

canada needs to be fired

Warren played balls out in the 4th quarter (after Najee worn the defense down of course)

not sure who was in black and gold last week on defense, but this is the D we expect to see...especially the 2nd half defense

JPJ played well

Roberts is ******* awesome - all 3 new ILBs are so ******* much better than last years group

canada needs to go

gunner needs to be cut

Kenny's pass to Pickens for the TD was beautiful

Great blocked punt, I think it might have been a TD

damn I'm drunk

fire canada and cut gunner
Excellent assessment, mon frier...

I’d like to know why both JPJ and Broderick Jones haven’t been starting for weeks.
Don’t want to hear the bs about not being ready because Pat Pete should have been playing inside for weeks with JPJ on the outside and Broderick Jones so much better than Moore.
Hindsight is 20/20. Conventional wisdom says you play the vets and let the rookies develop. Who is to say how JPJ and Jones would have played in Week #1. Fact of the matter is we’re in 1st place in the division. I’m not complaining.

Adjustments? I thought we didn't make adjustments. Sorry had to.
Of course, you did. And if we didn't that is simply sad. EVERY team should make some sort of adjustment regardless of the score. We won though...so there is that.

We’re also not built to come back from deficits….. what’s going on?!?!?! Cats and dogs, living together……
We fed off our D. Which Tomlin depends on. Hopefully, at some point, we can score 2(again) or dare I say 3 TDs on offense at some point in the season in ONE game.

It may be unpopular-after watching the Gunner fumble, I can’t quite pin it on him. That was just an unfortunate play and lack of awareness from Heyward.
Canada still needs to go. Winning doesn’t cure all, this win is merely a bandaid on a leaking dam. The lack of production and points in the first half is pathetic.
Watt and Highsmith might be the best edge rushers in the league.
The inside linebackers all played admirably.
JPJ needs to be a starter.
Special teams were pretty good today (with the exception of the fumble)

Lets not get too caught up in a rather illogical win…

The offense was impotent most of the game yet again and the only reason the D held up was a ton of drops by the Ravens… they could have had 3 or 4 more scores….

Lots needs to be fixed… we aren’t doing well despite being in the division lead. Thats just smoke and mirrors

In order to improve our team, they will wear pads to bed during the bye week.

Hindsight is 20/20. Conventional wisdom says you play the vets and let the rookies develop. Who is to say how JPJ and Jones would have played in Week #1. Fact of the matter is we’re in 1st place in the division. I’m not complaining.
Don’t get too excited. This football team especially this offense has a lot of issues. This was another weak offensive performance with only a small sprinkling of good plays. OL is not good collectively, playcalling and scheme still remain a joke, Kenny has develop some bad habits, one being bailing the pocket early. That’s do to having little confidence in his protection.

Don’t get too excited. This football team especially this offense has a lot of issues. This was another weak offensive performance with only a small sprinkling of good plays. OL is not good collectively, playcalling and scheme still remain a joke, Kenny has develop some bad habits, one being bailing the pocket early. That’s do to having little confidence in his protection.
True. This also was the 3rd top 5 or at worst top 10 D we've played. Canaduh still sucks, the OL still sucks, our WR's get no separation, and KP has a few misses a game. Hopefully, Jones playing moving forward and DJ coming back will help. I think I read DJ wanted to be back during the bye week.