• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Immediate thoughts after the game

Gunner needs to be cut
R.eda0b16ebf12776a1fce68315eac5445

The problem is even if they get rid of Canada, they're still stuck with his playbook for the rest of the season.

It's definitely time for some sort of a change, though.

Other bad offenses around the league move the ball with more ease than the Steelers do. Every yard gained feels like a monumental struggle.
But maybe whoever is the new OC could actually turn the pages of the book and look for other plays!

I’d like to know why both JPJ and Broderick Jones haven’t been starting for weeks.
Don’t want to hear the bs about not being ready because Pat Pete should have been playing inside for weeks with JPJ on the outside and Broderick Jones so much better than Moore.
Below the line coaching

The problem is even if they get rid of Canada, they're still stuck with his playbook for the rest of the season.

It's definitely time for some sort of a change, though.

Other bad offenses around the league move the ball with more ease than the Steelers do. Every yard gained feels like a monumental struggle.

They may be stuck with the playbook, but they can sure as hell tweak things,remove ****,get player input and give Kenny the ability to audible out of a play he knows won't work.

There's a lot they can do if they can the OC who has proven he's not changing ****. There's is no reason they can't be working on new plays and formations. It's not like this offense is superbowl bound. What's to lose? The longer they **** around with this ,the longer it takes to move forward. I'd start OC shopping now.

The debate about Canada and the offense will rage on for the rest of the season. I for one, have seen enough. It's barely a high school scheme. I can get into specifics, but not now.

As improbable as this win appeared at halftime, knowing the Ravens could have had up to 28 points without the dropped passes..... There is one thing I saw today that stands out like a shining star..... And that is this team, both on Offense and Defense.... Did not quit. Not one shred of giving up.

And that is a sign of the coaching staff, specifically the head coach. I'm the first one to say I've lost confidence in MT.... The atrocious offense first and foremost. But this team didn't quit today. Kudos for that.
That’s players having pride in themselves. If it was good coaching they wouldn’t be playing from behind every game

My immediate thought after the Rats scored....we're gonna get spanked.

I have many many thoughts about the team moving forward. I'm going to enjoy the win for today and share them tomorrow.

No one has given Kenny much credit.
At least he out played the multi-million-dollar man.

Lamar 20-34, 204 Yds, 1 INT
Kenny 18-32, 224 YDS, 1 TD
I actually at half time wanted a change to see if the team could somehow get a spark.

But as he gets a WTF for the first half, he gets a good job for the 2nd.

Canada's reaction to the TD was priceless...Everyone was going nuts and he just stared ahead blankly. I think he did twitch at one point, but it was sure odd considering the emotion he showed earlier.

I have defended Gunner in the past, but this year he has been beyond horrible. He barely touches the ball and toe taps a kickoff that cost like 30+ yrds and has 2 fumbles. The one today could have easily cost us the game. Time for him to move on.

Canada still needs to go we scored 1 TD......Our offense consisted of mostly back shoulder throws to Pickens and dump offs to Warren. Teams are going to load up on Pickens and we dont have an answer w/ Canada's system. Almost every pass was still outside the numbers and Pickett and the WRs are not on the same page alot.

We got super lucky the first half the Ravens stopped themselves. They could have put up 30.
Defense in the second half was amazing.

Jones / JPJ should start no questions asked. Peterson should be moved to safety. He had a nice breakup at the end. Peterson / Minkah would make a good pair

Run blocking / oline in general is still not great....