• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Immediate thoughts after the game

Lets not get too caught up in a rather illogical win…

The offense was impotent most of the game yet again and the only reason the D held up was a ton of drops by the Ravens… they could have had 3 or 4 more scores….

Lots needs to be fixed… we aren’t doing well despite being in the division lead. Thats just smoke and mirrors
The Tomlin way. We win the games we shouldn't and lose the ones we should. Split the toss-up games. None are pretty. In the end, we usually have one more win than loss. Rooney's are happy. Most fans are happy. The media is happy. Wash and repeat.

Kenny seems to play better late in games when the offense starts to deviate from the structure of whatever it is Canada is trying to accomplish for the first 90% of the game.

It was the same way in Ben's final season in Canada's offense.

I continue to see enough talent in Kenny that I would like to see what he could do with a different play caller and scheme, but we will have to wait until next season for the scheme.

DJ has his flaws, but he's Jerry Rice running routes compared to what they have out there now and him being out has hurt Kenny, as well as Freiermuth today.

Pickens is a special talent, but it still seems like there a lot of plays where he is not where Kenny expects him to be.

9-12 points after subtracting defense and special team help should not be enough to save Canada's job, but I'm not convinced they were ever going to fire him during the bye week anyway.

I have a headache and I didn't even drink. Props to the defense for showing up in the second half. Our run game is gone awful. It takes a herculean effort to gain a yard 90% of the time.

Fire Canada. I mean seriously. If Pickett truly audibled when he saw Pickens one on one on the outside. And did it on his own, yeah you're fired.

Speaking of that. Beautiful pass perfectly put out front that he caught in stride. That's twice he's beaten the rats in a row in a come from behind victory.

Kenny could use a good qb coach regardless. Though this offense and half of the OL is very subpar. It's gotten progressively worse because it was bad and predictable to begin with. Good grief everyone and their grandma knows our 10 plays. There's not a snowballs chance in hell it reaches championship level. They need a stud C and another tackle. They can't push anyone around.
They need a top tier OL coach,OC and perhaps a DC. Though they did tighten up on that soft zone bullshit, but if they pass rush gets negated, you're completely ******. They need a plan B&C.

At least they have the bye week so they can work on jet sweeps, 1 yard runs and sideline passes.

Kenny seems to play better late in games when the offense starts to deviate from the structure of whatever it is Canada is trying to accomplish for the first 90% of the game.

I continue to see enough talent in Kenny that I would like to see what he could do with a different play caller and scheme, but we will have to wait until next season for the scheme.

DJ has his flaws, but he's Jerry Rice running routes compared to what they have out there now and him being out has hurt Kenny, as well as Freiermuth today.

Pickens is a special talent, but it still seems like there a lot of plays where he is not where Kenny expects him to be.

9-12 points after subtracting defense and special team help should not be enough to save Canada's job, but I'm not convinced they were ever going to fire him during the bye week anyway.
Especially if we are in 1st place.

Pickens needs to be in his playbook more. They damn sure miss DJ.

This offense is a dumpster fire and it needs burned to ashes. That sums up all I can say about it. You can't polish that turd into a diamond.

Was the same with Ben and Fichtner too. Steelers have a nose for ****** coaches. That's why I have said I won't fully dump on Pickett (but I am also not excusing his issues) as long as Canada is OC.

I'll take the win BUT our defense (especially our DBs) played horrible today. Our LBs did enough in the end to secure the W but wtf, they had open receivers all day and over 7 dropped passes, 3 of which could have been TDs. The secondary IS supposed to be Tomlin's specialty too. We know DC Austin is no prize but absolutely ZERO mention of any injury to Desmond King (who started) and caused us to have to rely on Gunner as a returner which ALSO put Chandon in the slot against Agholor who dropped a sure TD behind him. If Bateman, Agholor and Flowers had caught those TD passes, we are singing a different song. Minkah cannot be our SS because of our failed run defense. We are lucky to get the win today.

Btw, fire Canada and cut Gunner...wtf happened to Desmond King today? If he's not injured, did he just quit or leave the stadium? Why did he lose his starting spot? Maulet>Sullivan (not saying much). Fire DC Austin as well.

I'll take the win BUT our defense (especially our DBs) played horrible today. Our LBs did enough in the end to secure the W but wtf, they had open receivers all day and over 7 dropped passes, 3 of which could have been TDs. The secondary IS supposed to be Tomlin's specialty too. We know DC Austin is no prize but absolutely ZERO mention of any injury to Desmond King (who started) and caused us to have to rely on Gunner as a returner which ALSO put Chandon in the slot against Agholor who dropped a sure TD behind him. If Bateman, Agholor and Flowers had caught those TD passes, we are singing a different song. Minkah cannot be our SS because of our failed run defense. We are lucky to get the win today.

Btw, fire Canada and cut Gunner...wtf happened to Desmond King today? If he's not injured, did he just quit or leave the stadium? Why did he lose his starting spot? Maulet>Sullivan (not saying much). Fire DC Austin as well.
Defense playing horrible is not what I saw. DBs do need to tighten up, but Defense played pretty damn awesome regardless

Defense playing horrible is not what I saw. DBs do need to tighten up, but Defense played pretty damn awesome regardless
Action Jackson isn't a pure passer and never will be. They did well to improve his accuracy but when he feels pressure that goes out the window.

My hope is that the Steelers finishing 3-2 at the bye does not safe Canada. Offense is hard to watch.

Gunner should not have made the original 53. cut him and then cut him, sign him to the practice squad and then cut him again.

The debate about Canada and the offense will rage on for the rest of the season. I for one, have seen enough. It's barely a high school scheme. I can get into specifics, but not now.

As improbable as this win appeared at halftime, knowing the Ravens could have had up to 28 points without the dropped passes..... There is one thing I saw today that stands out like a shining star..... And that is this team, both on Offense and Defense.... Did not quit. Not one shred of giving up.

And that is a sign of the coaching staff, specifically the head coach. I'm the first one to say I've lost confidence in MT.... The atrocious offense first and foremost. But this team didn't quit today. Kudos for that.

Pickens needs to be in his playbook more. They damn sure miss DJ.

This offense is a dumpster fire and it needs burned to ashes. That sums up all I can say about it. You can't polish that turd into a diamond.

The problem is even if they get rid of Canada, they're still stuck with his playbook for the rest of the season.

It's definitely time for some sort of a change, though.

Other bad offenses around the league move the ball with more ease than the Steelers do. Every yard gained feels like a monumental struggle.

My hope is that the Steelers finishing 3-2 at the bye does not safe Canada. Offense is hard to watch.

Gunner should not have made the original 53. cut him and then cut him, sign him to the practice squad and then cut him again.
Oh if you safe him that would definitely turn the season around. Lock him in that mother ******.