• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial thoughts after the game

You're right because the coaches aren't allowed to be on the field to hold DJ/Pickens' hands to make sure they don't do stupid **** at the absolute worst time possible.
Johnson and Pickens have down this dumb **** before. That’s pathetic and immature and Tomlin if he was a real coach would nip that **** in the bud.

Johnson and Pickens have down this dumb **** before. That’s pathetic and immature and Tomlin if he was a real coach would nip that **** in the bud.
I've read one crazy suggestion as to how Tomlin should handle this. Let's hear yours.

I've read one crazy suggestion as to how Tomlin should handle this. Let's hear yours.
Maybe be a coach and bench them for a time
Period and let other players play.

If not then he’s just a puppet that has someone else pulling his string.

Depend Tomlin and his .500 seasons all
You want. Great coaches have playoff success not regular season trophies

So, you're going to bench them. Who are you putting in there that will perform at their level or at least adequately?
I'm not defending Tomlin, I'm being realistic. Which is something all the Jan Bradys aren't. "Tomlin, Tomlin, Tomlin". EVERYTHING bad is Tomlin. Never the player But, when a player does something good, it's just the player. Never Tomlin. Sure, y'all aren't overly biased in your opinions. lol
And, you're attempting to change the topic. Which was NOT about playoff success or lack thereof. Rather, it was about what would you do when players make boneheaded decisions. You want to bench them and replace them with Boykins, etc. Good plan.

The pass protection was a mess early on and the ground game didn't light it up. It felt like it did, but Harris averaged only 3.8 YPC which had some nice runs. Let this line develop with Jones and get him out there opening holes for these backs. It's his strength.

I am NOT disagreeing with ya. But this doesn't address the point of the right side vs left and the players best overall. I quite literally said bring Jones on ... but not Chucks.

My take, taunting has to be the dumbest rule in the NFL, these are grown men, not 6-year-olds that will have developmental issues.
The penalty on Dionte was especially bad. He’s a veteran and had just seen us lose Picken’s big play. He knew the circumstances and didn’t care.

Sure. Here we have several players this week hurting us from their actions. Let us see what the future brings us with their actions going forward. What do you do if it happens again though? Ask nicely for them to stop?.
Then I guess you can sit them for a series. Probably at that point you have no choice but to escalate repercussions.

yeah great Idea when they are the only ones producing.

Najeeh desrved one in the first quarter but that set the tone. The refs let it go but after that it was going to get called. I can't for the life of me figure out why they figured it was ok to get in someone's face after a completion. The quiet finger by Johnson was just stupid,, why do that. It was a terrible pass interference call so we rub it in against weatherspoon and the other ref that realizeses it was a bad call evens it out for the finger in front of the defender. Not exactly taunting but let it go.

Last edited:
Najeeh desrved one in the first quarter but that set the tone. The refs let it go but after that it was going to get called. I can't for the life of me figure out why they figured it was ok to get in someone's face after a completion. The quiet finger by Johnson was just stupid,, why do that. It was a terrible pass interference call so we rub it in against weatherspoon and the other ref that realizeses it was a bad call evens it out for the finger in front of the defender. Not exactly taunting but let it go.
They’re going to call that one every time. It was pretty blatant. I saw him when he did it and was surprised they didn’t flag it immediately

My take, taunting has to be the dumbest rule in the NFL, these are grown men, not 6-year-olds that will have developmental issues.
The no fun league needs to relax the taunting rules

Maybe scale back to no celebration “over a fallen player”

signing “sssh”, while stupid as AF under the current rules, is pretty weak for grown men to draw a flag

I remain kinda frustrated about the Moore vs Jones discussion. Moore was a 5th (hey folks, 5TH round pick) who has played left since his rookie year. Who else does that regularly from the 5th? No one. The issue is NOT Jones vs Moore. Jones should be starting, PERIOD. The person losing their spot should not be Moore, it should be Chucks. Moore to right, Jones at left, Chucks being an overpaid being warming person. Tell me why this is wrong.
DK on Sports said that Chuks was killing people yesterday, I think that it is an interior line upgrade that needs to be made. Maybe you kick one of the three OT's to guard and start Daniels at center.

gettyimages-119452789-2000-e023c7cacad04d928cafc6c4fe6bd694.jpg

TJs read on that INT was amazing.
That was a new wrinkle, I think. TJ will sometimes drop back into coverage from his spot on the line but on this one, he was lined up on the outside against a WR. He dropped back into a zone and then read the QB's eyes. It was a beautiful thing from the best D player in the league.

Canaduh needs to figure out how to use his RB's. Najee runs hard and is looking for contact. Warren has that one-cut burst. I think they should go back to a basic power-blocking scheme as they did either last year or the year before and it worked. The run game was much better. Najee is trying to get everyone fired up with his power runs and trash talk. Like GP, he needs to watch so he doesn't get that 15-yard flag. I thought he was going to get one a couple of times yesterday. Find a way to get a dozen or so runs and passes to these 2 in the first half. With a power-blocking scheme, I think they can gain enough yards and loosen up the D especially for later in the games.

I am still shocked they refuse to look at Washington in the receiving game. I saw him open on an early play and they had KP looking elsewhere and it went incomplete.

The no fun league needs to relax the taunting rules

Maybe scale back to no celebration “over a fallen player”

signing “sssh”, while stupid as AF under the current rules, is pretty weak for grown men to draw a flag

If they relax that rule, can you imagine how the kindergarteners will act then. Take current actions X 50.

Salute the nation