• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts on bungles game

I set the trap...and you walked right into it.

Kenny is clutch because he continues to show that quarters 1 thru 3 are terrible or mediocre...
Was he showing that or was Canada stinking up the team? Seems to me Tomlin was pointing towards Canaduh.

What is the win loss with Kenny again?

You don't bench a QB that you are trying to figure out if he is your franchise unless his play dictates a benching. A career backup shouldn't sway this thinking.
In my opinion when you're 8-7 you play the quarterback you believe gives you the best chance of winning the last two games as do that and you are likely in the playoffs, especially as there's a good chance Baltimore will have the number 1 seed wrapped up when the Steelers play them, and will probably be resting some of their starters..

Was he showing that or was Canada stinking up the team? Seems to me Tomlin was pointing towards Canaduh.

So why did the offense have success tonight? 😂

Pickett is 14-11 as a starter. A 56% win percentage.

Rudolph is 6-4-1 as a starter. A 55% win percentage.

So why did the offense have success tonight? 😂
Many of reasons. But you couldn't understand them beyond your rose colored glasses. So it is a wasted conversation on you. Run back to pretending to have me on ignore.❄️

Many of reasons. But you couldn't understand them beyond your rose colored glasses. So it is a wasted conversation on you. Run back to pretending to have me on ignore.❄️
Such insight 😂

Such insight 😂
I don't think you grasped the answer. You suck at debating so you aren't worth the explanation. But by all means continue to laugh at your own drivel.

Kenny "One-Read Comeback King" Pickett has more wins than losses. But here's the shocker...

Kenny, in two years, has 13 TDs - he also has 13 INTs.

In the words of Coach Tomlin's haters - mediocrity won't do it here in Pittsburgh...

In my opinion when you're 8-7 you play the quarterback you believe gives you the best chance of winning the last two games as do that and you are likely in the playoffs, especially as there's a good chance Baltimore will have the number 1 seed wrapped up when the Steelers play them, and will probably be resting some of their starters..
Sure if the coaches believe that play whoever. I am not so sure they think it is Rudy over a healthy Kenny. We'll see.

Why we had success tonight on offense.

1. The quarterback read the defense.
2. The quarterback hit the open receiver or checked down when receivers were covered.
3. The quarterback got rid of the ball on time and didn’t take a bunch of unnecessary sacks.
4. The quarterback effectively threw the deep ball.

Kenny "One-Read Comeback King" Pickett has more wins than losses. But here's the shocker...

In the words of Coach Tomlin's haters - mediocrity won't do it here in Pittsburgh...
Tomlin has gotten a pass for his mediocrity and he has been here longer.😁

Wait...Geno Smith (a previous starter - turn journeyman) turned his career around and has been absolutely ballin' this season. Rudy got his shot to resurrect his career and he shined.

I think it is very fair to say that 'we know what Kenny brings to the team'. If we haven't evaluated him in nearly two seasons of starts - something is drastically wrong. Yeah, I know, we've got new coordinators on offense; but Kenny (and Mitch) force balls into coverage which result in INTs. I've yet to see that in Rudy's game play...

He's definitely my #2 going into 2024, and that is depending on how he, if given the chance, to finish out the season...
Negative on that Berm. Kenny doesn't throw picks. BUT, that's a reflection of his unwillingness to put the ball up sometimes and let his receivers make plays. The only time I've seen him actually play loose is the Bengals game earlier in the season. Kenny's issues are of the one read or nothing approach, the happy feet, holding onto the ball too long and, surprisingly, he's regressed as far as accuracy.

Negative on that Berm. Kenny doesn't throw picks. BUT, that's a reflection of his unwillingness to put the ball up sometimes and let his receivers make plays. The only time I've seen him actually play loose is the Bengals game earlier in the season. Kenny's issues are of the one read or nothing approach, the happy feet, holding onto the ball too long and, surprisingly, he's regressed as far as accuracy.
Yep. Perhaps coming off injury and seeing a backup perform well he lights it up. There is always that possibility too.

A whole lot of those INTS came last year, didn't they?

And both of them are 1-0 in their only full game (both against the Bengals) post Canada
Exactly and in this game you had a franchise QB and WR out, a hungry Steelers team coming off three losses, an offense minus Canada, a talented WR coming off an *** chewing. An opposing QB throwing INTs. That turnover battle is important always.

Lot of factors.

The only thing I don't agree w/ is Kenny's current stats - 13 TDs over two seasons and 13 INTs. Add this to your excellent insight and the reason to play Rudy is crystal clear.

Now let's let Rudy get to the North Pole - he's got to get some rest since he'll be working all night tomorrow...

Exactly and in this game you had a franchise QB and WR out, a hungry Steelers team coming off three losses, an offense minus Canada, a talented WR coming off an *** chewing. An opposing QB throwing INTs. That turnover battle is important always.

Lot of factors.
Their franchise QB was out in week 12 also.

And...Rudy has 18 TDs (before tonight) to 11 INTs.

Seems clear to me Rudy>Kenny statistically...
Most of their starts have been with different Co-ordinators, different O-Lines, different receivers (and the common receiver, Johnson, was a rookie for most of his games with Rudolph as starter) and in different circumstances, so you can't just use career statistics to compare them.

To get back to the regular scheduled programming...... Mason Cole had 9 low or botched snaps today. We had better take that Centre In the second round if available. Our punter was atrocious, bye, bye.

TJ Watt was in total beast mode. The turnovers were huge, the boys came ready to play today. Coaching had a good game plan today. For the life of me I still don’t get the non use of the TE middle of the field thing. Our Oline had a good game, minus the snaps.

Try and enjoy the win today fellas. It was nice not yelling at the tv today.