• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts on Charger Game

In the second half the Chargers had what negative yards? A dominant performance. We might not always see that but so far the D is starting well.
I said after last week this might be the best Steelers Defense we've had since the 70's era Super Bowl teams. I'm pretty sure this Defense is better than any Steelers Defense since 2000. I'm pretty sure this Defense provided they can stay healthy is going to be very special!

I can't believe what I'm seeing with Mason and Frazier just doin' work in the middle as rooks. Beautiful. Hope Spencer is ok, but MM should keep the job til Isaac gets back. He fits the style of Smith's O....and I had him in my mock, lol.

Fields had a great day....improving incrementally and it is very exciting to watch.

TJ is still the best defensive player on the planet this week.

Cam is having a little renaissance...LFG Papa Cam!

I hope Trice is ok. We need him.

I said after last week this might be the best Steelers Defense we've had since the 70's era Super Bowl teams. I'm pretty sure this Defense is better than any Steelers Defense since 2000. I'm pretty sure this Defense provided they can stay healthy is going to be very special!
While we have not blitzed a bunch...our coverage for the most part we have taken an aggressive approach. The few times we did dial up blitz's...the result were good.

The interior pressure from that DL is a HUGE thing.
Heyward hasn’t dropped off despite fans thinking he wouldn’t recover from past injury. He was defensive leader for so long those types don’t always fall off a cliff. Sometimes Father Time sure not always.

I'm not yet ready to say it will be as good as the 2008 defense, but the potential is there for it.

Finally having strong play at ILB and CB after years of subpar play at those spots makes a big difference.

Obviously, health will be key.

Given his age, we still need to see if Heyward can stay healthy and sustain his currently level of play as the season progresses.

Also, Watt has had some durability issues in his career.

I thought Harris had a good game, he caught the ball out of the backfield, and I thought he ran hard today.

Fields is improving every week. like I posted a few days ago I think Chicago is a QB killer. Not crowning him yet but he could very well be the future.

This Defense is scary good.

This score today could have easily been 30 or 37 to 10. especially if we would have recovered TJ's strip sack.

I loved the fact that MT didn't play turtle ball with a 3 point lead against a backup QB.

All around this was a really fun game to watch.

I thought Harris had a good game, he caught the ball out of the backfield, and I thought he ran hard today.

Fields is improving every week. like I posted a few days ago I think Chicago is a QB killer. Not crowning him yet but he could very well be the future.

This Defense is scary good.

This score today could have easily been 30 or 37 to 10. especially if we would have recovered TJ's strip sack.

I loved the fact that MT didn't play turtle ball with a 3 point lead against a backup QB.

All around this was a really fun game to watch.
pretty sure that was Herbig's strip sack

Justin imo is actually learning how to play QB with some good coaching. Patience and taking what the defense gives him. He’s learning to scan the field and he’s not forcing things, thus very little mistakes.
He’s always had the talent now he’s learning to play QB.
Also, Nick Herbig is the real deal. Been saying it since last year, I like him better than Highsmith. He’s much more explosive and gets to the QB with lightning speed.
One last thing. If Miami is interested I’d dangle Ole’ Russ out there. See what you can get for him.
Remember Smith is the one that helped that O in Tennessee thrive when nobody thought much of it.

Fast forward not a lot think much of the O but they have showed flashes.

I will continue pimping Smith he has shown a lot in a little time.

2008nwas pretty damn good

I can't believe what I'm seeing with Mason and Frazier just doin' work in the middle as rooks. Beautiful. Hope Spencer is ok, but MM should keep the job til Isaac gets back. He fits the style of Smith's O....and I had him in my mock, lol.

Absolutely. Not a coincidence the running game vastly improved when McCormack entered the contest - McCormack was mauling defenders.

forgot to add how nice it was to see passes over the middle

about mother ******* time
I forgot to add kudos to Steelernation.,

Stands were packed and I was appreciative. I know we have a top fan base but some things age etc. can step in.

I heard the here we go chants late in the game. Nothing gets an old school diehard fanatics blood pumping better than that.

I am pretty sure they heard me at the stadium about 12 miles away.😀

Fields still has to prove he can play from behind and lead the team to wins.. he was atrocious at that so far in his career and its the biggest thing a qb has to do if they dont wanna just be a game manager...

Fields can nurse leads and play in close games, but can he be effective when the D is in pass defense mode... that is the big question left

Fields still has to prove he can play from behind and lead the team to wins.. he was atrocious at that so far in his career and its the biggest thing a qb has to do if they dont wanna just be a game manager...

Fields can nurse leads and play in close games, but can he be effective when the D is in pass defense mode... that is the big question left
I would prefer the Steelers don't have to find out about this

Good things happen when you use the entire field. Anyone know what happened to Warren? don't recall seeing him in the second half.

Good things happen when you use the entire field. Anyone know what happened to Warren? don't recall seeing him in the second half.
I think they realized they didn't need to play him, so they had a few plays for Patterson to rest Najee a bit. I hope Warren's injury is getting properly healed, so that he can get back in the next few games and Patterson can be used a bit more like Deebo Samuel.

Absolutely. Not a coincidence the running game vastly improved when McCormack entered the contest - McCormack was mauling defenders.
Anderson is a valuable guy is so much as he can play at all five positions, but a road grater at guard is a thing we really can use in there...

I feel like anderson is more technique than power, which is fine, but McCormick is a true guard... that could be a better fit, especially since we need backups elsewhere right now

Pickett seemed to play well when behind. Had numerous come from behind wins. Where did that get him? Nothing from the fans. And apparently nothing from the organization.

Pickett seemed to play well when behind. Had numerous come from behind wins. Where did that get him? Nothing from the fans. And apparently nothing from the organization.
Pickett was tge reverse fields... he had to prove he could play better from q1 to 3... he did ok when he wasnt trying to play super safe...

If football was baseball, Fields would start and play 3 quarters and Pickett would play the 4 th🤣🤣🤣🤣🤦🏻‍♂️