• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts on seachicken game

I think you missed my point that I have seen every single Kenny Pickett game in college and his senior season was one of the most impressive seasons in college football history.
And JaMarcus Russell was the 1st overall pick a few years back.

What, precisely, does Kenny's great senior year 3 years ago have to do with the future of the Steelers QB position, if you were to remove your Pitt goggles?

Vinny Testaverde had a great college career, with an amazing senior year, just like Vince Young, Ryan Leaf, RGIII, Johnny Football, Carson Palmer, etc.
Where is the 2 time National Champ Stetson BigHat QB now?

Give him time he hasn’t even played two full seasons. Rudolph is way older with way more opportunities and everyone knows that he isn’t the guy. We got to stick behind and support Kenny.
You know that Kenny has played more games than Mason, right? So, Kenny has actually had more opportunities than Mason. As far as age goes, Mason is actually only three years older than Kenny ... in context, Mitch would have been a Senior in H.S. when Kenny was a Freshman. That's not a huge age disparity.

I'm going to support whoever is taking the snaps at QB1 for the Pittsburgh Steelers. And, we hope that our support is rewarded. At the present time, that is Mason Rudolph, who has performed better than many of us thought he would. When, not if Kenny becomes the starter again, we'll support him as such. There is nothing wrong, however, in hoping that he works on his craft in order to fix his deficiencies. I don't think anyone here believes Kenny is a finished product. And, even his greatest supporters should admit that he has work to do in order to reach his full potential.
I thought the sermon was preached on the Sabbath or Sunday???

You know that Kenny has played more games than Mason, right? So, Kenny has actually had more opportunities than Mason. As far as age goes, Mason is actually only three years older than Kenny ... in context, Mitch would have been a Senior in H.S. when Kenny was a Freshman. That's not a huge age disparity.
And Mason hasn't really played over the past couple years; he did get "rode hard and put away wet" back in 21, but as an NFL starting QB, I would call him low mileage, lady-driven at this point.

I just want one of the Steeler QBs to firmly become QB1. Kenny ain't that guy yet, but I hope he gets there soon. If not, the recently surprising Rudy provides a far better alternative than Mitch.

And Mason hasn't really played over the past couple years; he did get "rode hard and put away wet" back in 21, but as an NFL starting QB, I would call him low mileage, lady-driven at this point.

I just want one of the Steeler QBs to firmly become QB1. Kenny ain't that guy yet, but I hope he gets there soon. If not, the recently surprising Rudy provides a far better alternative than Mitch.
BINGO! I haven't given up on Kenny. But, I wouldn't go back to him right away either. He hasn't performed to the point where he should be the "undisputed heavyweight champion" of the Steelers QB room. To be fair, Mason hasn't done it for long enough to claim that title either. Mitch? Hell, he's not even a contender.
But, if one of them steps up and takes the crown, then consistently performs like it, I'll be happy because it makes the team better.

BINGO! I haven't given up on Kenny. But, I wouldn't go back to him right away either. He hasn't performed to the point where he should be the "undisputed heavyweight champion" of the Steelers QB room. To be fair, Mason hasn't done it for long enough to claim that title either. Mitch? Hell, he's not even a contender.
But, if one of them steps up and takes the crown, then consistently performs like it, I'll be happy because it makes the team better.
Zactly. I do not care what the name of the Steeler QB1 is.....just that he enables the team to compete for SB wins, not useless "over .500" seasons.

No one gives a **** that the Bills, Lions or stains are in the playoffs; but all know they have zero SB rings

I never have a problem with going with the hot hand if they are putting up back to back productive outings. Winning for me will always take priority over any other thoughts.

Ok with Rudy closing out the season.

Sobeit.

Zactly. I do not care what the name of the Steeler QB1 is.....just that he enables the team to compete for SB wins, not useless "over .500" seasons.

No one gives a **** that the Bills, Lions or stains are in the playoffs; but all know they have zero SB rings

That .500 stigma may not leave until a certain coaching regime is replaced……….

Salute the nation

historically Rudy's issues come when the team gets inside the 30. He has not been accurate on his passes and a lot of solid drives ended up with field goals instead if TDs

the running game made up for this yesterday but that will not always be the case

Coolie, you are the ****!

And attracting lots of flies.

Maybe sweep yerself up when you finish.

I'm far from crowning him, as I've said there should be an open competition between him and Pickett (who I think still has a chance to be a good QB) for the job next summer.

Perspective works both ways, though.

The Steelers offensive ineptitude on offense had extended several years, with multiple QBs (including Ben), against defenses good and bad.

Considering that, it's hard to casually downplay or dismiss the offense suddenly exploding and scoring like it has in consecutive games once Rudolph took over, regardless of the opponent, running game or whatever.

There was a stretch earlier in season where the Steelers rushed for 150+ yards in three or four straight games and they still struggled to push the ball downfield and score.

Maybe it was the "Canada effect". Maybe not.
Maybe you haven't crowned him, but you did make these comments:
He has not just played well. He's played as well as about any QB in the league over the past two weeks
I believe this is the first time the Steelers have had both 30+ points and 400+ yards in consecutive games since Ben, Bell and Brown were all with the team. It's not a coincidence.

Off the top of my head, I'd venture to say that Lamar Jackson played a bit better than Mason Rudolph over the past two weeks.

If it's "not a coincidence" that the Steelers happened to play better in Rudolph's starts, then what are you implying about him, exactly?

I've said all along that he is a good NFL backup, and he's come in and won a couple of winnable games. Good for him. The anomalistic numbers he's put up against shltty defenses have convinced you that the Steelers should re-sign him and potentially make him their full-time starter? Good for you. I'm not there yet.

historically Rudy's issues come when the team gets inside the 30. He has not been accurate on his passes and a lot of solid drives ended up with field goals instead if TDs

the running game made up for this yesterday but that will not always be the case
Certainly true. Unfortunately it’s not just him,there is not one QB on our roster that excels from the 30 in.
Heck,I remember Big Ben being called Field Goal Ben with many frustrating redzone drives.