• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts on seachicken game

Certainly true. Unfortunately it’s not just him,there is not one QB on our roster that excels from the 30 in.
Heck,I remember Big Ben being called Field Goal Ben with many frustrating redzone drives.
I don't remember field goal Ben. I remember field goal bill?

I was not all impressed with Rudolph's play. Mason barely completed enough to win the game - with the help of course from some WRs who are starting to really try it looks like.

I hope Rudolph wins the Rats. I really do.
But if it were not for this offensive line and run game taking utter control of the game, then i think the nation is talking about Rudolph as the mediocre quarterback he's been for the last 6 years.

All that said, rest Kenny. Keep him on the sidelines because the only thing remaining is whoever is at quarterback last is the man who is left exposed and blamed.

And Mason hasn't really played over the past couple years; he did get "rode hard and put away wet" back in 21, but as an NFL starting QB, I would call him low mileage, lady-driven at this point.

I just want one of the Steeler QBs to firmly become QB1. Kenny ain't that guy yet, but I hope he gets there soon. If not, the recently surprising Rudy provides a far better alternative than Mitch.

That's an awfully rough ask for a guy playing his sophomore year in the NFL: after having been injured his rookie year, after having been injured his sophomore year, after having 3 concussion his rookie year, after playing with slow but whiny ******* for wide receivers, after playing with a swiss cheese offensive line and after playing with a high school coach for an offensive coordinator.

Guys weren’t getting open for Kenny. He had no time in the pocket to throw. It wasn’t his fault that guys are getting open and the line has improved a thousand times.

Guys were not getting open for Kenny but are now deciding to get open for Rudy?
Do you know how silly that sounds?

That sounds exactly like something a woman would say.
Particularly if the woman was Kenny's mom.
Hmmmm. In fact, and I am not making this up....Baker Mayfield wife posted on the Browns Board defending her husband amid all the criticism.

Hmmmm. In fact, and I am not making this up....Baker Mayfield wife posted on the Browns Board defending her husband amid all the criticism.
So is Lady Kenny’s mum? Wife? Sister? Friend?

You guys are just hilarious. So I have a husband but it’s not Kenny. I am too young to be his mom and am not lucky enough to be his sister. I only have one sibling and that’s a sister. As Coolie suggested I have looked at old posts and a month or so ago almost the entire board was riding the Pickett train and a couple of average games from Rudolph and you guys are abondoning him. I heard Roethlisberger say Kenny will get the starting job next year because we drafted him in the first round and we will give him another shot. We need to give Kenny the same support we gave Rudolph in 2019 when he had his chance. It’s now Kenny’s chance.

J5uaQgn.jpg

I'm not sure about that. Coach Cowher brought us such luminaries as Kent Graham, Mike Tomczak, etc.
It's easy, after time passes, to look at a previous era with a little nostalgia and forget some of the things we were upset about at the time.
Tomczak was a decent backup. He wasn't great as a starter, but he gave the team some good games.

And remember, those guys were brought in for Slash, who was NOT a true NFL QB. (He WANTED to be. But he was a better receiver and an even BETTER running back.)

Tomczak was a decent backup. He wasn't great as a starter, but he gave the team some good games.

And remember, those guys were brought in for Slash, who was NOT a true NFL QB. (He WANTED to be. But he was a better receiver and an even BETTER running back.)
All true. But also remember that they drafted Stewart to play QB and kinda lucked into the Slash aspect of his game. They did a terrible job of evaluating him as a QB prospect and got a fantastic undrafted RB/WR in the process. Should have kept him in that Slash role. And he should have accepted it. He'd have been a great weapon for a long time in that role.

The receivers are now holding onto the ball for Mason i believe. that is absent the attempt by f*ck-brains Nae-Nae to hand the ball to a Cornerback before tip-toeing out of bounds last game.

No question, the line has bullied the run-game much better than in any of Kenny's games... ever.

it's my conjecture that the wideouts did not take kindly to the heap of negative press they were receiving after f*cking up that Cardinals game.

Last edited:
historically Rudy's issues come when the team gets inside the 30. He has not been accurate on his passes and a lot of solid drives ended up with field goals instead if TDs

the running game made up for this yesterday but that will not always be the case
Say Rudolph gets out there and throws a rainbow duck to the outside like he did the game before and gets it pick-6'd to the house, And then 2 drives later, he throws another pick, garden variety.

Do you bring in Kenny?

mind you, Kenny is now officially pissed-off. He's seen the antics of nae-nae, seen the antics of Claypool, seen the antics of Pickens, and now... he has done every damn thing Mike asked of him: control the ball, make only safe throws, don't take chances, no audibles, etc. etc. etc. - and this is how he gets paid back?! no. 1 draft pick? vs. your other option: limp noodle Rudolph?
it would make me pause to start Mason ahead of him - after being medically cleared - and then ask Kenny to save my *** later.

Guys weren’t getting open for Kenny. He had no time in the pocket to throw. It wasn’t his fault that guys are getting open and the line has improved a thousand times.
I learned a LONG time ago, there's almost ALWAYS someone open.

Good QB's find them. GREAT QB's make it look like they're ALL open.

Say Rudolph gets out there and throws a rainbow duck to the outside like he did the game before and gets it pick-6'd to the house, And then 2 drives later, he throws another pick, garden variety.

Do you bring in Kenny?

mind you, Kenny is now officially pissed-off. He's seen the antics of nae-nae, seen the antics of Claypool, seen the antics of Pickens, and now... he has done every damn thing Mike asked of him: control the ball, make only safe throws, don't take chances, no audibles, etc. etc. etc. - and this is how he gets paid back?! no. 1 draft pick? vs. your other option: limp noodle Rudolph?
it would make me pause to start Mason ahead of him - after being medically cleared - and then ask Kenny to save my *** later.
So if you were coach, you'd sabotage the early game-plan to make Rudolph look bad so a thus-far mediocre Kenny Pickett could ride in on a white horse and look better in his "angry' mediocrity?

And further, now that Pickett is "angry", NOW he's going to play hard? Are you implying he lacks the professionalism to play hard unless he takes advantage of contrived slights to motivate him?

And finally, I BEEN HERE WAY THE **** LONGER THAN PRACTICALLY ALL Y'ALL!

So there, children. Off to bed with nm dessert!

😉

I hear yaz Djfan, no accountability amongst friends, least ways when you work for Coach Tomlin.

Salute the nation
I think our special teams was better this year than in years past