• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts on seachicken game

All true. But also remember that they drafted Stewart to play QB and kinda lucked into the Slash aspect of his game. They did a terrible job of evaluating him as a QB prospect and got a fantastic undrafted RB/WR in the process. Should have kept him in that Slash role. And he should have accepted it. He'd have been a great weapon for a long time in that role.

Yes SIR, he was 20+ years ahead of his time.

80 yards passing TD
80 yards receiving TD
80 yards punt

ONLY player in NFL history to do that.

ALSO first ever QB in Steelers history to have above 60% completion season.

You’re right though, had he been able to continue the slash role, he would be in Canton.

Salute the nation

This guy is spot on with his assessment of Rudolp

And I am agreeing with them. Your comment that Rudolph isn’t even Bubby Brister and slashsleels comments about Rudolph being nothing more than a 3rd stringer and that Mason and the team would fail with him as quarterback. I don’t understand why you guys are hiding from your statements. You were 100% right and as a group we need to back Kenny and support him as our starter and future.
I don't mean him any disrespect, but I absolutely don't see Kenny Pickett as the future.

If you use that search function, you'll see that I was a huge Roethlisberger fan. Even biasedly so.

In a post H.O.F. QB period, nobody is going to measure up. Not Rudy, not Kenny, not Mitch.

We are in the desert people and will have to make due with the Bubby Bristers, the Kent Grahams, the Kordell Stewarts the Mason Rudolphs and the Kenny Picketts of the world until another, better QB comes along.

Accept that and move on.

I recommend, now that Tomlin will be extended and Steeler Football will remain steadfastly middling, that you accept and support whoever is playing.

If you can't do that and are determined to root for a team loss to support your "this QB sucks more than that QB" argument, you really need to take a break from football.

80 yards passing TD
80 yards receiving TD
80 yards punt

You’re right though, had he been able to continue the slash role, he would be in Canton.

Salute the nation
Didn't he refuse to slash in the playoffs? I thought he told Cowher that he was done with that.

Say Rudolph gets out there and throws a rainbow duck to the outside like he did the game before and gets it pick-6'd to the house, And then 2 drives later, he throws another pick, garden variety.

Do you bring in Kenny?

mind you, Kenny is now officially pissed-off. He's seen the antics of nae-nae, seen the antics of Claypool, seen the antics of Pickens, and now... he has done every damn thing Mike asked of him: control the ball, make only safe throws, don't take chances, no audibles, etc. etc. etc. - and this is how he gets paid back?! no. 1 draft pick? vs. your other option: limp noodle Rudolph?
it would make me pause to start Mason ahead of him - after being medically cleared - and then ask Kenny to save my *** later.
Under that scenario, Kenny should shut up and do his damned job. His being pissed is irrelevant. His performance, to date and as a whole, doesn't give him the leeway to dictate ****.

80 yards passing TD
80 yards receiving TD
80 yards punt

Salute the nation
I've believed that from 98 on.

He was amazing at QB, until Pete Carrol said "what if we just full-time spy him with our fastest, most agile linebacker?

Suddenly he was mediocre. At best.

(In fairness, though, he STILL had better arm strength than Pickett.

You guys are just hilarious. So I have a husband but it’s not Kenny. I am too young to be his mom and am not lucky enough to be his sister. I only have one sibling and that’s a sister. As Coolie suggested I have looked at old posts and a month or so ago almost the entire board was riding the Pickett train and a couple of average games from Rudolph and you guys are abondoning him. I heard Roethlisberger say Kenny will get the starting job next year because we drafted him in the first round and we will give him another shot. We need to give Kenny the same support we gave Rudolph in 2019 when he had his chance. It’s now Kenny’s chance.
Lady, you don't want Kenny getting that kind of support.

Didn't he refuse to slash in the playoffs? I thought he told Cowher that he was done with that.

He wanted to be a QB and wouldn’t accept any other role. I don’t remember him being contentious over it. It all started at the beginning of a training camp If memory serves.

Salute the nation

J57MI24.jpg

Is this better

80 yards passing TD
80 yards receiving TD
80 yards punt

You’re right though, had he been able to continue the slash role, he would be in Canto
J57MI24.jpg

Is this better
No wedding ring….

Lady, you don't want Kenny getting that kind of support.
Uh. You need to do more searching. Mason Rudolph. NEVER had majority board support. He was always considered a backup. Again, because the Steelers had one of the best QBs ever to play the game on the roster. Mason was never going to be seen as a viable replacement until after Ben had gone. (And as we now see, we won't find someone we can mostly support for some time, probably.)

He wanted to be a QB and wouldn’t accept any other role. I don’t remember him being contentious over it. It all started at the beginning of a training camp If memory serves.

Salute the nation
His agent pointed out logically that "utility players" don't get paid like QBs do.

From then on, he was a "QB", despite the fact that QB'inh was his weakest skill set.

He took was coached to play a specific way. He was limited in throws over the middle and told to throw low to avoid interceptions.

He was basically a "read and a half" QB. If his first read wasn't there, he "might" look for a second, but more likely was looking to scramble

And his critical flaw... When Stewart started to run, he wasn't gonna stop and throw +which is something young to middle Roethlisberger was all-world at). When Stewart started to scramble you could drop coverage and swarm him, which shackled his running ability. I was (and still am) a Stewart fan. I see his career trajectory as a self-inflicted tragedy.

But what do I know. I'm a noob 😉

His agent pointed out logically that "utility players" don't get paid like QBs do.

From then on, he was a "QB", despite the fact that QB'inh was his weakest skill set.

He took was coached to play a specific way. He was limited in throws over the middle and told to throw low to avoid interceptions.

He was basically a "read and a half" QB. If his first read wasn't there, he "might" look for a second, but more likely was looking to scramble

And his critical flaw... When Stewart started to run, he wasn't gonna stop and throw +which is something young to middle Roethlisberger was all-world at). When Stewart started to scramble you could drop coverage and swarm him, which shackled his running ability. I was (and still am) a Stewart fan. I see his career trajectory as a self-inflicted tragedy.

But what do I know. I'm a noob 😉

The OC (Erheart sp) Designed the plays so as Kordell only looked at 1/3 of the field. It simplified the offense up and it worked for a short spell.

Salute the nation

Uh. You need to do more searching. Mason Rudolph. NEVER had majority board support. He was always considered a backup. Again, because the Steelers had one of the best QBs ever to play the game on the roster. Mason was never going to be seen as a viable replacement until after Ben had gone. (And as we now see, we won't find someone we can mostly support for some time, probably.)
The first part was kind of my point. She does not want Kenny to get the kind of support Mason got in 2019. No bueno.

I didn't go back through the comments but Cole has to go at C. 3, 4, or more snaps in the dirt every game recently. He seems to be getting worse. You just can't have that from your C. If they draft OL early, it needs to be the best C available and probably in Rd 2. I don't know if their is a C worth a Rd 1 pick but we definitely need one to anchor the OL for the next decade.

I didn't go back through the comments but Cole has to go at C. 3, 4, or more snaps in the dirt every game recently. He seems to be getting worse. You just can't have that from your C. If they draft OL early, it needs to be the best C available and probably in Rd 2. I don't know if their is a C worth a Rd 1 pick but we definitely need one to anchor the OL for the next decade.
100% agree