• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial Thoughts on seachicken game

Anyone notice the difference in Rudolph's arm v. Pickett?? I find it rather noticeable....

I might be biased but being a Pitt grad I have followed Kenny since 2018 his sophomore year. I have seen him make all the throws and I have faith he’ll make them for the Steelers. I just hate that all these people are jumping on the Mason Rudolph bandwagon.
That defines a clear bias because you went to the same school as a Steeler QB and wrote like that conveys some meaning/value.

That should have zero weight in the decision of who is QB1 for the Steelers.

And if we are to rely on your faith(your words), then you have further removed any objectivity in your "analysis".

People say it was against the Bengals and Seahawks, but so what? How many "bad defenses" have the Steelers struggled against over the past few years, including Ben's last one?
Yeah, I said it was against the Bengals and Seahawks...because it was. Cincinnati has the #31 defense in the league, and Seattle isn't much better at 27th. Pickett's already played the #1 defense (Cleveland) twice, the #4 defense (Baltimore), and the #7 defense (San Fran), he's done reasonably well against middle-of-the-pack opponents, and he also put up good numbers on the road against the Bengals.

And I'm not knocking Rudolph, because he's come in and performed admirably. But it makes sense to keep things in relative perspective before you crown him after these two particular games.

Last edited:
That defines a clear bias because you went to the same school as a Steeler QB and wrote like that conveys some meaning/value.

That should have zero weight in the decision of who is QB1 for the Steelers.

And if we are to rely on your faith(your words), then you have further removed any objectivity in your "analysis".
I think you missed my point that I have seen every single Kenny Pickett game in college and his senior season was one of the most impressive seasons in college football history.

My viewpoints have always differred from a lot of fans but I think you can differ without belittling someone. We also don't talk about politics on the football side.

Think whatever you would like but those two points perhaps you can work on.
Bermuda engaged in political talk in the Cardinals game thread and several other times in football threads over the years, just pointing out his hypocrisy, he opened himself up for it

Coolies and Bermudas arrogance and “belittling” when anyone new challenges them in an honest debate is all over the board, Bermuda in particular-am I giving him a dose and a half of his own medicine? Sure, guilty as charged

Last edited:
You and I completely disagree on Pickett but you have a point with coolieman, Bermudasteel, and their ilk.

They think they own this board and hate it when someone outside their circle of butt buddies contradicts them and their beliefs. They see themselves as these wise sages above the comments of lowly casual posters, but have sorely little to offer in real football information.

Take Cooliemans post to start this thread, a 4th grader could have written that better and with more depth/analysis, miss you Chicoman. But Coolie will tell other people not to start new threads all the time

If you press them long enough in debate they will default to the lame “I’ve been here longer than you noob” argument

There are a lot of sexist comments here including by me but it’s a board full of guys pushing past 50, so it is what it is. It’s hilarious tho when leftys like Bermudasteel flaunt their sexism but play victim when any other of his left wing ideas are challenged

The decline of this board and activity here can be partially attributed to their attitudes

Welcome to the board
so if i don't agree that rudy is complete trash and KP is the savior I am a sexist?

if you don't like my initial thoughts thread don't read it

it is just what I state, quick thoughts after the game. points to discuss in more depth during the thread or later

your next good comment will be your first

And I'm not knocking Rudolph, because he's come in and performed admirably. But it makes sense to keep things in relative perspective before you crown him after these two particular games.

I'm far from crowning him, as I've said there should be an open competition between him and Pickett (who I think still has a chance to be a good QB) for the job next summer.

Perspective works both ways, though.

The Steelers offensive ineptitude on offense had extended several years, with multiple QBs (including Ben), against defenses good and bad.

Considering that, it's hard to casually downplay or dismiss the offense suddenly exploding and scoring like it has in consecutive games once Rudolph took over, regardless of the opponent, running game or whatever.

There was a stretch earlier in season where the Steelers rushed for 150+ yards in three or four straight games and they still struggled to push the ball downfield and score.

Maybe it was the "Canada effect". Maybe not.

People are calling me a man and bullying me just because I believe in Kenny Pickett. That’s not a very friendly environment to harbor differing views. I am glad at least you don’t bully or name call like some other people do on here.
you are catching flack because you are unjustly bashing rudy after he has led the team to back to back wins

is rudy the future? no

but KP has not yet shown he is either

I deleted some of the worst **** about you last night, hopefully before you saw it

I think you missed my point that I have seen every single Kenny Pickett game in college and his senior season was one of the most impressive seasons in college football history.
again, college success does not aways translate to the NFL

KP has yet to show he belongs

Bermuda engaged in political talk in the Cardinals game thread and several other times in football threads over the years, just pointing out his hypocrisy, he opened himself up for it

Coolies and Bermudas arrogance when anyone new challenges them in an honest debate is all over the board.

so if i don't agree that rudy is complete trash and KP is the savior I am a sexist?

if you don't like my initial thoughts thread don't read it

it is just what I state, quick thoughts after the game. points to discuss in more depth during the thread or later

your next good comment will be your first
Read it again, your reading comprehension is on the same level as your writing

The sexist comment was directed at Bermuda

You’re just an arrogant old fart who thinks his time on the board and age makes him better than anyone new and negates their ability to disagree with you

the fng replied to my post and called me sexist

so.......wrong again

and you quote her sexist post and mention me first so who would not believe the sexist comment was toward me?

and the newbie has not challenged any of my opinions

I have made many posts on my thoughts of KP and rudy,

one final warning to keep anything political out of this forum

so.......wrong again

and you quote her sexist post and mention me first so who would not believe the sexist comment was toward me?

Warn your butt buddy Bermuda, he does it all the time, go search the Cardinals game day thread, I just called him out for it, one of many examples he’s done it

so.......wrong again

Most intelligent poster???? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🖕🍆

So, to be clear you’re ok with no playoff wins in 7 years….losing to bad teams is a problem with Tomlin… he needs to go. So which year out of the last 8 years were we a legitimate SB contender???? Better yet, do you actually think we can win it all this year?!?! If you say yes, I say you’re crazy and blinded with loyalty to a mediocre coaching unit…..
I know you haven't been here very long; but, I'll challenge you to find ONE POST, from me, stating that I'm fine w/ mediocrity. Nor will you find a supportive post, from me, stating that we've been a SB contender.

Any team, has a chance to win, during ANY game. See the wins by both AZ and NE this year. There are many factors to having a winning season and yes, the HC is fully responsible for the product that fans see on game days. But...coaches coach and players play.

Let's just ride this season out and see if we can have a season (next year) with some new blood and, prayfully, no serious injuries at our key positions. [Imagine what this year would have been like had our ILBs stayed healthy...] Finally, for those who say, 'why didn't we move to Rudy earlier' - if Kenny never gets hurt - we never would have known HOW MUCH Rudy has improved...

you are catching flack because you are unjustly bashing rudy after he has led the team to back to back wins

is rudy the future? no

but KP has not yet shown he is either

I deleted some of the worst **** about you last night, hopefully before you saw it
I didn’t read those comments unless you are talking about the people calling me boysteel or saying I’m a man.

At least we agree Mason Rudolph has just been lucky and is not the future of the team.

Warn your butt buddy Bermuda, he does it all the time, go search the Cardinals game day thread, I just called him out for it, one of many examples he’s done it
after that game the warning was given to all regarding politics in this forum

some listen while others choose to go their own way

I didn’t read those comments unless you are talking about the people calling me boysteel or saying I’m a man.

At least we agree Mason Rudolph has just been lucky and is not the future of the team.
nope those are tame and not close to what I deleted

there is a line in what can go on here....

I never said Rudy has been lucky

I know you haven't been here very long; but, I'll challenge you to find ONE POST, from me, stating that I'm fine w/ mediocrity. Nor will you find a supportive post, from me, stating that we've been a SB contender.

Any team, has a chance to win, during ANY game. See the wins by both AZ and NE this year. There are many factors to having a winning season and yes, the HC is fully responsible for the product that fans see on game days. But...coaches coach and players play.

Let's just ride this season out and see if we can have a season (next year) with some new blood and, prayfully, no serious injuries at our key positions. [Imagine what this year would have been like had our ILBs stayed healthy...] Finally, for those who say, 'why didn't we move to Rudy earlier' - if Kenny never gets hurt - we never would have known HOW MUCH Rudy has improved...
your posts here indicate otherwise

no improvement at all after all these years

so.......wrong again

Most intelligent poster???? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🖕

Let's just ride this season out and see if we can have a season (next year) with some new blood and, prayfully, no serious injuries at our key positions. [Imagine what this year would have been like had our ILBs stayed healthy...] Finally, for those who say, 'why didn't we move to Rudy earlier' - if Kenny never gets hurt - we never would have known HOW MUCH Rudy has improved.

Easy keyboard warrior, you’ll break your keyboard….. who gives a pinch how long someone has been on here…. Tomlin needs to go🤷🏼‍♂️

no that’s not sexist or out of line at all Mr Moderator
what is sexist about it?

and again you said the sexist comment was toward bermuda

and that is not the post she quoted to call me sexist

a lady would not bash a player doing his best for the team...whether he was the best option there or not