• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Initial thoughts on this **** show

Adversity doesn’t build character, it exposes it. Tomlin’s words. The losses have shown that this team has no character. It cant answer the bell, it can’t finish. DJ sitting on the bench yawning, his team losing to a 2-10 team. A bunch of guys collecting a pay check.

This team needs a total reboot and a serious culture change.

well you're wrong

as has been discussed many times here

Harris and Warren are both quality RBs but with different running styles

They both bring a lot of value to this team and we are lucky to have both of them
Except he cannot get a single yard when needed.

Initial thought is I am becoming numb to losses. It used to be after a loss I would not be on here for a few days. now here I am indulging in the pain.
Naw, no pain, just an ever growing maturity. It's a game, played by grown men making more money than any of us could ever imagine.
Like watching a movie, it's just entertainment, sometimes they're great, sometimes not so much. Yesterdays show earned a lot of rotten tomato's, but didn't effect our lives one bit, other than wasting the time watching it.

Someone mentioned previously that the only way to get Mr. .500 replaced is to quit supporting this team and quit going to the games.....I tend to agree that the only way to address this is hit their revenue by not supporting them.... money talks

Mason Cole was by far the worst player on the field yesterday, and that's saying something when the Special Teams Captain draws THREE penalties on the day. Not only could he not shotgun snap the ball, he got his *** kicked by a rookie DL on almost every snap. There is so much that needs fixed on this team. Yesterday's game tape resembled the old NFL films "Follies" from back in the day. Queue the music...

The surprising thing to me is this team looked the same as its looked for 90% of the season. A couple overachievers and alot of guys playing subpar. This is what happens when the lucky turnover differential starts averaging back to the norm.
This team cannot score points or stop people on defense ground or passing.
A league high turnover differential and alot of close victories against bad teams in low scoring games may have masked the truth about this team.
I think the knowledgeable people on here realize this is the same team yesterday we've seen all year, minus the turnover differential.
The Runningbacks look like they could and should be doing even more heavy lifting with the state of the QB play. Harris and Warren have really shown up big the last few games.
Just pound the rock and keep the offenses off the field.

half the fanbase wants to get rid of Pickett, while others arent enamored with him - but would also be ok with upgrading.

if we're to do that, then this is the draft to do it in. QB rich draft.
IMO, if we did decide to move on, it would have to occur depending on which QB is available in the draft. Some guys might just be a lateral move and a waste of a pick.

with this, the mock has us taking a CB in Round 1. Seeing that a few excellent prospects are available, I'd pass on the CB.

1. Jayden Daniels
2. Shedeur Sanders

either one of those would be my first round pick

My second round pick would be the C from Georgia - Sedrick Van Pran-Granger

Boom - instant upgrade. And at the right time.

coaching? well... yeah, MT's time has come and gone.

If we don’t start digging this hole sooner rather than later then there will be no need to ever start unleashing hell later

So you see Shades has to open this can of suck he is holding to necessitate the hell unleashing later in December

All part of the standard plan guys, everything going exactly as planned…no blinking going on here!!!

I have never left the bar in the middle of the third quarter

until today

i never turned off a game before triple zero

until i got home today

Disgusting!
Have missed 1 game in over the last 25 years
Took this game off cuz I just knew what Shades was about to do

Nest time I’ll bet the damn money line too, may as well get paid well when you absolutely KNOW your beloved team is about to open another can of suck

Sad thing is they didn’t even do 1 thing to make watching this game enjoyable for all the ultra loyal fans that knew this was coming too..,but watched anyways

Thanks Art II you’ve led me from disappointment to disinterest….didn’t think that was possible

Momentum is EVERYTHING...2 plays early on totally changed this whole game...Roberts penalty on a 3rd down stop & Najee not getting in the End Zone...Naj actually had 3 trys at it...

Players gotta make plays
Being there this felt and looked like it was on the players this week. We had plenty of chances to score and make stops early on yet we couldn’t avoid stupid plays and penalties.

Being there this felt and looked like it was on the players this week. We had plenty of chances to score and make stops early on yet we couldn’t avoid stupid plays and penalties.
The shotgun draw run on the goal line was 1000% on Tomlin and Sullivan. They set the players up to fail with that retarded play call.

The shotgun draw run on the goal line was 1000% on Tomlin and Sullivan. They set the players up to fail with that retarded play call.
I agreed it was the one decision I would have truly questioned. I would have kicked the FG after Kenny went down. We go up 3 and the game likely goes far differently. Aside from that the mistakes were player issues form my vantage point in the stands.

Someone mentioned previously that the only way to get Mr. .500 replaced is to quit supporting this team and quit going to the games.....I tend to agree that the only way to address this is hit their revenue by not supporting them.... money talks
Or maybe they could start wearing paper bags on their heads this Thursday. Primetime games are the best time to protest.

I think I would have gone Wildcat with Warren, and 10 big uglies, 8 on the line and 2 in the backfield. Benton, and Lil Herbig would be sidecars to Warren. Straight up blocking, the interior 5 either beat their guys or you are going to get fukin run over from the rear..

I think I would have gone Wildcat with Warren, and 10 big uglies, 8 on the line and 2 in the backfield. Benton, and Lil Herbig would be sidecars to Warren. Straight up blocking, the interior 5 either beat their guys or you are going to get fukin run over from the rear..
I like the idea, but I doubt anyone is capable of a legal formation.
When Pickett got hurt, I said out loud "Just kick it". I thought it was a no-brainer, given the circumstance.

This Thursdays game might be one of the worst NFL games in its history. 0-0 final is really in play.
There's your critical tie to make .500 possible!

Thought: That whole never a losing season thing may well be in jeopardy.an bank on it.
Last year they had to win like 4 of the last 5 or something like that, and... They did.

They'll get their .500 + this year. You can bank on it.

I used to get to at least 1 game a year..5+ hr ride from Jersey $2000- $2500 weekend between tickets food lodging..it has now been 5 seasons since I went to a game..I have stopped and told my family buying me Steelers stuff.stopped.I refuse to support this shitshow until Rooney does the right thing and moves on from coach Wordsmith..I will continue to watch when on locally..but have no problem turning the game off any longer