• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Jets Coach Did Not Want Le'Veon Bell

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
The Jets just fired their GM Mike MacCagnan. Seems they did not see eye to eye. Here's the tweet

<twitter-widget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="1128697725447483392"></twitter-widget><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One disagreement between Adam Gase and Mike Maccagnan/Christopher Johnson... <br><br>Gase absolutely did not want to sign Le’Veon Bell, per sources. In fact, he made it clear that he didn’t want to spend a lot of money on any running back.</p>— Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/1128697725447483392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 15, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Le'Veon Bell is a very talented RB, but he's gonna find, your supporting cast means a great deal.

And he hasn't run in the NFL in what, two seasons now? Good luck dude.

And Bell has shown how much he cares by not showing up for voluntary workouts.

In the past it would take him 3-4 games to knock off the rust , not playing at all last year it might take him 8 games and by then they could be out of the playoff run.

And Bell has shown how much he cares by not showing up for voluntary workouts.

Just a waste of time and energy for someone of Bell's calibre. Just ask him

Adam Gase seems like a bit of a control freak/slimebag who I would have trouble believing anything he said to me as a player.
Great conditions to work under. So much for free at last Le'veon
I hope L Bell enjoys his stay in New York as I think it will be a shorter one than he anticipated.. Two years and see ya later.
He will soon have plenty of time to work on his rapp lyrics but I doubt 24 hours a day can improve that **** he mutters.

In the past it would take him 3-4 games to knock off the rust , not playing at all last year it might take him 8 games and by then they could be out of the playoff run.

I was wondering how much they'll like him when he goes on IR after the fourth game.

The Jets just fired their GM Mike MacCagnan. Seems they did not see eye to eye. Here's the tweet

<twitter-widget class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; transform: rotate(0deg); max-width: 100%; width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="1128697725447483392"></twitter-widget><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One disagreement between Adam Gase and Mike Maccagnan/Christopher Johnson... <br><br>Gase absolutely did not want to sign Le’Veon Bell, per sources. In fact, he made it clear that he didn’t want to spend a lot of money on any running back.</p>— Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) <a href="https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/status/1128697725447483392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 15, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I don't think it was so much that he didn't want to sign Le'Veon Bell as much as he didn't want to hamstring the roster with that kind of contract. He doesn't think RB's are worth that kind of money. Neither do the Steelers.

Bell will see reality soon enough. I think he was a young man who let pride get in his way and then quicksand caught him. Combine thaT WITH agent's BAD advice and here he is today. I DEFINATELY didn't like what he did to the STEELERS organization and fans. I never wish bad and try not to be vindictive but in the end, he has brought this upon himself and it is he who will have to suffer through it. GOOD LUCK in your Life's work Mr. Bell as that will be happening very soon.

PS **** the jets and CHEATRIOTS just for good measure.

Salute the nation

OH and Gase's grunt wasn't about LeMEon the player but about LeMEon the money paid to him. As a coach he loves the player but as a GM he despises the long term cost of the player and cap implications.

Salute the nation

tenor.gif

Heh. Heh. Hehhhhhh....

And now Bell says he doesn't care who likes him, he's just there to perform and win. Yeah, sure, cause that's why he just sat out a whole year. What a piece of ****. Watch him get a phantom injury in like week 3 or 4 and be done with the year.

Le'Veon Bell is a very talented RB, but he's gonna find, your supporting cast means a great deal.

And he hasn't run in the NFL in what, two seasons now? Good luck against the *'s dude.

Fixed it for you.

He wanted to get paid. He's getting paid. He said he wanted to win games, yet he left town. Enjoy those Ls and $s

This will be Bell’s one and only year with the Jets I predict. He’s already not a favorite of “Crazy Eyes Gase” so that should be interesting. Bell will miss a few games not be as productive and Gase will be pointing the finger. “See, I told you so”. I can see them dumping that contract after end of 2019 season when things go badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

that's gonna as much as dead money as the amount of dead bodies in the hudson

The tabloids twisting this one....He didn't want to spend 13 million on a RB.....And Bell didn't want 14.65 million....

Bell better perform because the NY media will crucify him

I've never rooted more in my life for two former Steelers' careers to go straight down the toilet.

Be carful of what you wish for as bad has a way of finding it's way home. It's OK tyo stand back and watch the **** happen though...

Salute the nation

This coach is going to get to hire his GM and that could very well mean a short stay in NY for Bell if they want to free up the money to go elsewhere. He passed up on the opportunity to stay with a team that offered more money and one that rarely cuts its veterans. He likely would've seen the whole contract. Who knows what'll happen to him now.

I don't think it was so much that he didn't want to sign Le'Veon Bell as much as he didn't want to hamstring the roster with that kind of contract. He doesn't think RB's are worth that kind of money. Neither do the Steelers.

The Steelers wanted to pay him more money... so they obviously think that RBs are worth it.