• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Joe Biden in my back yard. What you need to know, and what I think

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
What you need to know:

Biden visited my daughter's school today. The security was very high, and there were a good amount of protesters outside the gate along with some fancy BMW's, Audi's , Cadillac SUV's and such with special reserves parking spots ( AKA those who are giving money to Biden's campaign )

Old uncle Joe is after the MONEY and the critical voting block in South Florida that is a must have for Democratic presidents. I give Biden some credit as he's meeting with congress woman Debbie Wasserman Schultz's people, who know how to win in South Florida. Debbie Wasserman Schultz was an Obama lap dog type with a very hard to listen to voice. She's also Jewish which helps as many Jews soured on Obama thanks to his treatment to Israel and bad deal with Iran.

What I think:

Now here's the inside scope as I know people who work there. Biden not only got along well with Shultz, it appears she's now on a very short list for possible vice presidential picks. Why do I say this? I heard Shultz was beaming as she walked out of the room. And it makes sense.

So while Hillary flames out, Uncle Joe can say I've got a woman on my ticket, and person who knows how to bring out the minority vote in South Florida.

All right Biden, this time you made a good move.

Last edited:
I thought Pocahontas was going to be his VP

I thought Pocahontas was going to be his VP

Joe's past his prime. He's not messing with John Smith. The man has to settle and I think Wasserman Schultz is it. A good move for an initial boost ( And people who want to vote for a woman ( , but Shultz is not a good speaker, and would rate below past VP picks.

It's "Fauxcahontas" and DWS would be the second half of a duet completely incapable of speaking extemporaneously (or even intelligently) so please, please bring it, Joe.

Joe's past his prime. He's not messing with John Smith. The man has to settle and I think Wasserman Schultz is it. A good move for an initial boost ( And people who want to vote for a woman ( , but Shultz is not a good speaker, and would rate below past VP picks.

I thought the local Dems down there were trying to get rid of her. Something about not backing the wishes of her constituents and such ??

Florida Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz could lose her seat in Congress in 2016 if the protest against her held on Monday, Aug. 31 in Aventura, Florida – part of Schultz’s congressional district – is any indication.

Hundreds of protestors gathered outside of Schultz’s Aventura office to urge her to vote against the Iran nuclear agreement, an agreement for which Schultz has yet to publicly support or oppose. Schultz was not in her office at the time of the protest.

I thought the local Dems down there were trying to get rid of her. Something about not backing the wishes of her constituents and such ??

The local Dems down here are big time Obama supporters.

Dade county ( Miami ) is 65% Latino and about 20% black.

I live in Broward county which is 29% black, and 40% Latino.

Obama can shift this group to Biden over Hillary. So can Shultz

No matter your political view, if Biden actually runs and chooses DWS as his VP, he will lose and lose HUGE!
She's is to the left what Sarah Palin is to the right......but worse.
Repubichairs would hurt themselves laughing so hard.
Maybe a great move in a county in Florida, bad move nationally.
The VP Debate would be a sight to behold, though.
DWS would be one of Ronda Rousey's last opponents and whomever on the right would be Rousey.
Quick and painful KO/Tap-Out.

No matter your political view, if Biden actually runs and chooses DWS as his VP, he will lose and lose HUGE!
She's is to the left what Sarah Palin is to the right......but worse.
Repubichairs would hurt themselves laughing so hard.
Maybe a great move in a county in Florida, bad move nationally.
The VP Debate would be a sight to behold, though.
DWS would be one of Ronda Rousey's last opponents and whomever on the right would be Rousey.
Quick and painful KO/Tap-Out.

I agree, but DWS has been very loyal to Obama, and she's woman ( Picks up those who wanted Hillary ) in a must have area for Dems.

Palin could beat DWS in a debate

Also the meeting had a lot to do with the Iran deal. Many Jews are very upset about that. Even the hard core Democrats.

I would love to see the Jews vote republican. They have a lot of media power.

Heard on the news this morning that Biden is saying he doesn't have the energy to run for President.

What you need to know:

Biden not only got along well with Shultz, it appears she's now on a very short list for possible vice presidential picks. Why do I say this? I heard Shultz was beaming as she walked out of the room. And it makes sense.

/QUOTE]

It's only because he felt her up, god knows no one else would.

Heard on the news this morning that Biden is saying he doesn't have the energy to run for President.

I heard he was caught saying this when he thought the mike was turned off.

Not buying it unless he says he's not running. Could be part of the draft Uncle Joe strategy.

Dade county ( Miami ) is 65% Latino and about 20% black.

I live in Broward county which is 29% black, and 40% Latino.

I left North Lauderdale 15 years ago coach and I know it seems like you're overrun but it's not all that bad ...yet.
There are a **** ton of Hispanics in Miami-Dade like you said but quite a few of them vote Rep.
White (non-Hispanic) (77.8% when including White Hispanics): 15.2%
Black (non-Hispanic) (many Afro-Caribbean American): 19.0%
Hispanic or Latino of any race: 65.6%

Within-Party Concentrations of Hispanic Voters (Figures 20 and 21)

Nearly half (47%) of the state’s Hispanic Democrats live in just two counties— Miami-Dade (34%) and Broward (13%)

In 9 counties Hispanics make up a larger share of Democratic voters than statewide: Osceola (45%), Miami-Dade (37%), Orange (23%), Hendry (19%) Hardee (17%), Hillsborough (15%), Seminole (15%), Broward (14%), and Collier (13%).

In 5 counties, Hispanics make up a larger share of Republican voters than statewide: Miami-Dade (72%), Osceola (21%), Hendry (19%), Broward (17%), and Hardee (12%).
http://www.sayfiereview.com/page/Who and Where are Floridas Democrats and Republicans

Last edited: