• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Johnson on team Mason 2024

bigben

Reaction score
"I've been around Mason since my rookie year, so it's nothing I wasn't expecting him not to do. I kind of had high hopes for him to do what he's doing. He came in and became the starter, so hopefully he gets the job next year, do what he gotta do, other than that, he did a great job man."

Thank you Diontae for finally showing some leadership and saying what everyone is thinking and nobody else has the guts to say.

I would expect every WR to be more comfy with a vet until the vet makes them uncomfy (Mitch) or a rookie QB isn't developing quickly ( KP)

No shocker for me...

Just imagine how happy Dontae, Pickens, Muth, RB's, and OL would be with a All-Pro/championship level type QB at the reigns...

Just imagine how happy Dontae, Pickens, Muth, RB's, and OL would be with a All-Pro/championship level type QB at the reigns...
Wouldn't we all?
lol

But in constructing a team, if you have that QB, chances are they're eating up 20-25% of your total cap.
That leaves 75-80% for the other 52 (not including PS).
It's great if you draft well and hit on most of your picks and can field a team during rookie contracts.

Wow! Not a good endorsement of Kenny if players gonna openly say that.
it's actually very much the opposite. It's exactly what i would expect to hear from him.

Dirty disease-ridden b*tches like Pickens & Nae-Nae complain and want Mason - unless you wanna tie your boat to these losers then i'd push my chips all in on Pickett.
How quickly people forget. even cancer. These are the losers who kept their starting job under Tomlin.

Screenshot-653-e1701029385715.png

https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...n-says-overthinking-was-reason-for-his-drops/

images

it's actually very much the opposite. It's exactly what i would expect to hear from him.

Dirty disease-ridden b*tches like Pickens & Nae-Nae complain and want Mason - unless you wanna tie your boat to these losers then i'd push my chips all in on Pickett.
How quickly people forget. even cancer. These are the losers who kept their starting job under Tomlin.

Screenshot-653-e1701029385715.png

https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...n-says-overthinking-was-reason-for-his-drops/

images

More than Diontae feels this way based on the body language of the players. DJ is just to most obvious and as I said in another thread, you almost have to get rid of him if the Steelers are committed to Pickett as the starter. DJ will bring way too much negative energy and it'll be the first time Pickett misses him when running wide open.

Say what you want about Diontae, pickens etc. Bottom line those guys careers are at stake and they are only as good as the guy throwing them the ball? Anyone in their shoes would be thinking the same thing? A bad QB is bad for business if you are an NFL WR.
I can see him and Pickens asking for a trade if the Kenny Pickett experiment continues. I can't blame them

Dick move. If he's thinking it, you don't say it.

Some of his own idiocy led to our ineptitude
It says a lot about the culture of this team, like so many others who freely run their mouths around the locker room, but sure let’s get Mike Tomlin leader of men that extension right away

Johnson knows just like anyone else half paying attention Pickett will be the week 1 starter and Tomlins talk of “competition” is merely lip service, I doubt Rudy resigns here

Reactions: xjx
Say what you want about Diontae, pickens etc. Bottom line those guys careers are at stake and they are only as good as the guy throwing them the ball? Anyone in their shoes would be thinking the same thing? A bad QB is bad for business if you are an NFL WR.
I can see him and Pickens asking for a trade if the Kenny Pickett experiment continues. I can't blame them
100% true
now we're on the flip side since for 17 years we had Ben making WRs look good or better than they were.

He wasn’t going to be a back up to Mason, for what ever reason there was.

He didn’t show up for locker clean out day press conference, no reason given…………….

He did get a field hand to help move a sideline heater closer to help Kenny stay warm in between on field action. Definitely a plus………………..

The WRs were complaining early part of season that KP8 can’t or won’t get the ball out and to them. Could have been a O’Canada thing, or maybe a 1-read Kenny thing, either way is held everyone back.

Salute the nation

Wouldn't we all?
lol

But in constructing a team, if you have that QB, chances are they're eating up 20-25% of your total cap.
That leaves 75-80% for the other 52 (not including PS).
It's great if you draft well and hit on most of your picks and can field a team during rookie contracts.

That’s a big part of why you need to find out if said rookie is the one or not, while on rookie low cost contract.

Purdy is a prime example of testing the waters on the rookie contract, regardless of how the test became apparent.

Salute the nation

That’s a big part of why you need to find out if said rookie is the one or not, while on rookie low cost contract.

Purdy is a prime example of testing the waters on the rookie contract, regardless of how the test became apparent.

Salute the nation
PERFECT / GREAT example, Notorious D-I-C!

I seriously doubt Mason will be back with the Steelers next season. Pickett was a No.1 pick. He is not going anywhere. Frankly, he shouldn't. Canada was god-awful and we know he didn't want QB's calling audibles. I will wait for the new coordinator to find out if Pickett has any promise. As far as DJ is concerned he should concentrate on catching the ball and running towards the first down marker instead of behind it.

Pickens just made it clear on social media which camp he's in as well, he replied to masons post with 5 goats:LOL:
Steelers are gonna have their hand forced this offseason by the wide receivers.

Tomlin created this mess. And keep in mind he brought in Mitch.