• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Johnson / weld 2016

fedderone

A Legend In My Spare Time
Contributor
Reaction score
It's official!
Gary Johnson and William Weld are your Libertarian ticket.
Please educate yourself on ALL candidates, know the issues and their stances, and vote with your head and heart.
Don't play the reindeer games.
The only wasted vote is an uninformed one.
Happy Memorial Day.

I was hoping the nominee would be Austin Petersen but oh well. Still better choices than Trump and Clinton and whomever their vice presidential candidates will be.

I was hoping the nominee would be Austin Petersen but oh well. Still better choices than Trump and Clinton and whomever their vice presidential candidates will be.

I definitely believe he is the future of the party.
Unfortunately, his age scares people because old = wise in the narrow-minded's eyes.

Two posters including the OP.

The interest thus far on this board toward Johnson/Weld pretty much reflects the interest the public has toward this ticket.

Two posters including the OP.

The interest thus far on this board toward Johnson/Weld pretty much reflects the interest the public has toward this ticket.

^ Why we fail as a society and have only ourselves to blame for the mess we're in.

It could be Supe/DBS and I would vote for it over the R and D options.

It could be Supe/DBS and I would vote for it over the R and D options.

It would be DBS/Supe. Lets face it Supe would be in a scandal severe enough to warrant resignation or impeachment in about 23 seconds after taking office.

It would be DBS/Supe. Lets face it Supe would be in a scandal severe enough to warrant resignation or impeachment in about 23 seconds after taking office.

it would be SUPE/dbs.
Scottish Ogres are not pleasant to look at nor appear on tv.

Supe has a winning personality and the looks to make women voters clutch their uteri in writhing orgasmic delight. Just ask onefor

Supe's scandals would be blamed on tequila and the well-founded "what difference does it make" as well as the tried and true "I did have sex with that woman". Completed with high-fives and more rounds of tequila.

Same here. The LP had a chance to pull in many Cruz supporters and those in the #NeverTrump camp. The Libertarians, especially the party, hold to their slogan "fiscally conservative, socially liberal" pretty tightly. What Petersen brought was a message closer to what my beliefs, that is, "fiscally conservative, socially tolerant", where the state has no authority to promote any social agenda, instead leaving it to individual people to associate with each other as they please, while still holding fast to the non-aggression principle that dictates that my rights end where they begin to infringe on another's rights.

It'll be interesting to see if those Libertarians from the #NeverJohnson camp (some were in the Petersen camp, some were die-hard Anarchocapitalists) go to the http://www.constitutionparty.com/, or if they give in and vote for a Johnson/Weld ticket, or even stay home. I doubt many will now vote for Trump.

Same here. The LP had a chance to pull in many Cruz supporters and those in the #NeverTrump camp. The Libertarians, especially the party, hold to their slogan "fiscally conservative, socially liberal" pretty tightly. What Petersen brought was a message closer to what my beliefs, that is, "fiscally conservative, socially tolerant", where the state has no authority to promote any social agenda, instead leaving it to individual people to associate with each other as they please, while still holding fast to the non-aggression principle that dictates that my rights end where they begin to infringe on another's rights.

It'll be interesting to see if those Libertarians from the #NeverJohnson camp (some were in the Petersen camp, some were die-hard Anarchocapitalists) go to the http://www.constitutionparty.com/, or if they give in and vote for a Johnson/Weld ticket, or even stay home. I doubt many will now vote for Trump.

The problem is that my generation (20s and 30s) isn't interested in the part I bolded. Their days are spent actively looking for ways to meld one individual's rights into another's.

They're just as aggressive as the religious nutjobs, just in a different direction.

Is this the American Libertarian party or are they libertarians for all?

Last edited: