• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kavanaugh hearing

It really seems to me that the Republicans are between a rock and a hard place.

You either push things through - making your party look worse before the midterms but you seat a new Justice.
Or you cave to pressure - making your party look worse before the midterms AND you don't seat a new Justice.

It just looks like they're doomed to suffer at the midterms.

What's sad is that in today's society you are guilty until proven innocent and then forever tainted. I'm not buying this as a legitimate deal. This is something that was orchestrated as a last ditch effort to ruin his nomination. Nominate him already and let him get to work. The Dems will have to deal with the fall out of their bullshit later.

Its also sad that this will likely dog him throughout his entire career and it likely never happened. It also makes conservatives/Republicans who want to consider running for these high positions think twice about it. I'm sure that is also a welcome by-product for the Dems. The playing field is definitely tilted in their favor but I'm glad my team doesn't play by their low standards.

I called Senator Grassleys office this morning. I told his staff that I've voted for him multiple times and that he i want him to proceed with the vote.

I called Senator Grassleys office this morning. I told his staff that I've voted for him multiple times and that he i want him to proceed with the vote.

Good job. This is clearly nothing more than a delay tactic and a lie.

Exactly. Another tall tale from the corrupted political "elites". They are only floating this heap of crap to the low info, useful idiots. It's quite ridiculous.

It really seems to me that the Republicans are between a rock and a hard place.

You either push things through - making your party look worse before the midterms but you seat a new Justice.
Or you cave to pressure - making your party look worse before the midterms AND you don't seat a new Justice.

It just looks like they're doomed to suffer at the midterms.

Wishful thinking. Everyone knows its political BS and that the accuser is full of ****. If anything, this crap has woken up all the people who buried your ***** last cycle. It certainly has not changed any votes your way.

Reactions: JMM

Obviously ....time for jocularity

F1IzeIA.jpg

How insane are the lefty loons? Kavanaugh's wife is getting death threats.

Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s wife Ashley Estes Kavanaugh has received a battery of death threats in recent days, after allegations appeared in the press that the judge sexually assaulted Christine Blasey Ford in 1982.

The vivid missives are just one iteration of the inflamed rhetoric surrounding Kavanaugh’s nomination to the high court, following Ford’s accusations. The Ford family has similarly been threatened.

“May you, your husband and your kids burn in hell,” one message to Mrs. Kavanaugh read.

Another told Mrs. Kavanaugh to put a bullet in her husband’s skull.

The Wall Street Journal obtained the emails on Thursday, which were delivered as federal law enforcement is tracking an uptick in threats against Judge Kavanaugh and his family. The messages were sent to Mrs. Kavanaugh’s work email address. The U.S. Marshals Service is pursing the matter.

So when is Schumer going to find another blank bullet for his smoking gun?

Whoa...whoa...whoa...the latest demand us that Kavanaugh must testify first. Under what crazy train world does the defense testify before the presentation of plaintiffs evidence? That's not how any of this works!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The ***** hatters are going rage now. Trump said she should provide the police report, lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Should have demanded to see it before they pushed back the confirmation date. Another example of how a large portion of the Republican senators and representative seem to exist only to be the lapdogs of the left. They are totally afraid of them while Trump is not afraid to say enough is enough lets get on with it..

President Trump is slaying them today!

I have no doubt that, if the attack on Dr. Ford was as bad as she says, charges would have been immediately filed with local Law Enforcement Authorities by either her or her loving parents. I ask that she bring those filings forward so that we can learn date, time, and place!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 21, 2018

Judge Brett Kavanaugh is a fine man, with an impeccable reputation, who is under assault by radical left wing politicians who don’t want to know the answers, they just want to destroy and delay. Facts don’t matter. I go through this with them every single day in D.C.

Senator Feinstein and the Democrats held the letter for months, only to release it with a bang after the hearings were OVER - done very purposefully to Obstruct & Resist & Delay. Let her testify, or not, and TAKE THE VOTE!

The radical left lawyers want the FBI to get involved NOW. Why didn’t someone call the FBI 36 years ago?

OK corral showdown, Fri night it is

Grassley panel scraps Kavanaugh hearing, warns committee will vote without deal

The Senate Judiciary Committee is postponing a high-stakes hearing set for early next week on the sexual assault allegation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

The committee announced on Friday that the Monday hearing — where both Kavanaugh and his accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, had been invited to speak — was being called off.

Instead, Grassley said in a statement Friday that he is giving Ford’s lawyers until 10 p.m. on Friday to respond to the GOP request for her to testify on Wednesday. If they do not, or if Ford declines to testify, Grassley said the Judiciary Committee will vote Monday on Kavanaugh's nomination.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/407866-senate-panel-scraps-kavanaugh-hearing-set-for-monday

OK corral showdown, Fri night it is

Grassley panel scraps Kavanaugh hearing, warns committee will vote without deal

The Senate Judiciary Committee is postponing a high-stakes hearing set for early next week on the sexual assault allegation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

The committee announced on Friday that the Monday hearing — where both Kavanaugh and his accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, had been invited to speak — was being called off.

Instead, Grassley said in a statement Friday that he is giving Ford’s lawyers until 10 p.m. on Friday to respond to the GOP request for her to testify on Wednesday. If they do not, or if Ford declines to testify, Grassley said the Judiciary Committee will vote Monday on Kavanaugh's nomination.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/407866-senate-panel-scraps-kavanaugh-hearing-set-for-monday

Good. She was making all sorts of crazy demands. Only questions from Democrats in a private room. Kavanaugh couldn't be present (it's in the Constitution that you have the right to see your accuser). It was basically all she wanted was soft ball questinos and no chance of lying under oath.

It's bullshit. The whole thing.

Good. She was making all sorts of crazy demands. Only questions from Democrats in a private room. Kavanaugh couldn't be present (it's in the Constitution that you have the right to see your accuser). It was basically all she wanted was soft ball questinos and no chance of lying under oath.

It's bullshit. The whole thing.

I wish they would come out and say that. "Ms. Ford is asking for conditions that reduce the risk of prosecution for lying under oath. The only reason Congress would entertain testimony is to get to the full truth, under oath, with serious consequences for false testimony. The point is not to provide a forum for accusations with no accountability. We have the press for that."

After he is confirmed he should lay a defamation suit on that lying sack. She needs to feel consequences and an example needs to be set so this **** stops.

Seems most here are convinced she is lying... wondering how many of you have daughters.

I don’t know one way or the other, but I sure would like to hear from both sides before they move forward with a vote. Everything else, including Trump’s tweets, is just noise.

Yeah the agenda with Ford was too transparent... asking for a worthless FBI investigation... asking for a date right after the court is seated for this session... it is all delay delay delay.... as i said before, get his testimony under oath and then maybe you can impeach him for lying if some magic home footage of the event shows up... which we all know won’t happen... just a balless accusation meant to stall

I don’t know one way or the other, but I sure would like to hear from both sides before they move forward with a vote. Everything else, including Trump’s tweets, is just noise.

I'd sure like to hear from both sides as well because at this point, I'm really skeptical. This 'accusation' has stunk from the beginning. She was "terrified" and desperately wanted to remain anonymous but got a polygraph test from a 'former FBI agent'? She claims she was 15 and he was 17 but she doesn't know the year? She recalls specific details of them locking the door, turning up the music, the other boy jumping on them where they all crashed to the floor where she magically escaped, yet she doesn't know where this took place or how she got home?

Sorry if many are skeptical of the timing, details & motive surrounding this accusation from 36 years ago.

Seems most here are convinced she is lying... wondering how many of you have daughters.

She didnt think it was traumatic 35 years ago, and her choice for recipients of her letter didnt think it was significant 8 weeks ago, or 6 weeks ago, or 4 weeks ago, or two weeks ago.
Those central to the situation and information held it for a long, long time.

Why?

How is this not completely political?

Even ******** Tibs is too embarrassed to counter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Steeler Nation mobile app