• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kenny Pickett through the first 4 games

I have an idea why don't you merry go **** yourself and I will continue call you out on all your bullshit posts. Which is way more than any other poster on this site. Wasting bandwidth while paying nothing.

Yeah I know what everyone says besides you is horseshit. Like cooch you are a legend in your own mind.

Unlike you I don't crawl up in a ball when someone doesn't agree with me. You can pretend to put me on ignore again if you wish I could care less regardless. As I don't get unhinged like you obviously do. To bad for you buckle up snowflake a bumpy ride ahead.
People disagree with me all the time. We have a civil exchange. We move on. You say something, can’t defend your opinion, then lash out. Look at the year of bullshit you have posted on my posts. Name calling, childish insults, and all around ******* behavior. Did you see me get in a heated argument with anyone else? 🤔 so what is the common denominator. Oh, yeah. YOU!

And even though I disagree with coach all the time at least he tries to bring factual information. Lots of times it’s bs and he never remembers his mistakes. I make mistakes all the time. I look for them. I want to learn from them. I want to grow from them. I don’t willy nilly make a hard decision. I take my time and then I own it. You flip flop your opinion to whatever suits your narrative. If Pickett busts out next year you’ll forget all the knob polishing you did. Or if he ends up being a pro bowler you’ll say I hated him. Because in your head if you don’t hate Rudolph and love Pickett you a “legend in your own head.” I will say this immediately I don’t know what Pickett can be. I don’t know what Rudolph can be. I NEED to see more. I can’t go off of Tomlin or Canada’s judgement. I need to see it for myself for me to make up my mind. And I need a lot more to make a final determination.

People disagree with me all the time. We have a civil exchange. We move on. You say something, can’t defend your opinion, then lash out. Look at the year of bullshit you have posted on my posts. Name calling, childish insults, and all around ******* behavior. Did you see me get in a heated argument with anyone else? 🤔 so what is the common denominator. Oh, yeah. YOU!

And even though I disagree with coach all the time at least he tries to bring factual information. Lots of times it’s bs and he never remembers his mistakes. I make mistakes all the time. I look for them. I want to learn from them. I want to grow from them. I don’t willy nilly make a hard decision. I take my time and then I own it. You flip flop your opinion to whatever suits your narrative. If Pickett busts out next year you’ll forget all the knob polishing you did. Or if he ends up being a pro bowler you’ll say I hated him. Because in your head if you don’t hate Rudolph and love Pickett you a “legend in your own head.” I will say this immediately I don’t know what Pickett can be. I don’t know what Rudolph can be. I NEED to see more. I can’t go off of Tomlin or Canada’s judgement. I need to see it for myself for me to make up my mind. And I need a lot more to make a final determination.
Man you are a whiny *****. Not reading your psychotic babble. You have plenty of childish insults to posters so spare me your poor me bullshit patch.

Take the tampon out and get over yourself.

You wouldn't know facts if it bit you in the ***. Your opinions aren't better than the next. A reality lost on you.

Now you bore me move along you had enough time to vent.

Dude is Andy Dalton. Well, he hasn't even been that good yet.
If you didn't know who Ben was and saw him playing in Canada's offense most people would be like "that guy stinks." People seem to forget how bad we were even under Ben. Pickett might be Dalton or Ryan leaf or Montana. Just so hard to judge with this offense.

If you didn't know who Ben was and saw him playing in Canada's offense most people would be like "that guy stinks." People seem to forget how bad we were even under Ben. Pickett might be Dalton or Ryan leaf or Montana. Just so hard to judge with this offense.
Set Canada's overall offense aside and look at the plays that are well drawn up that Pickett flat out misses. The margin of error is very small for this group. Pickett can't afford to not capitalize on plays that are there.

Beg to differ.

When Ben was absolutely washed, and throwing with a bionic arm, he still managed to put up the following in Canada's offense:
  • 3,700+ yds
  • 22TDs/10Ints
  • 88 QB Rating.

I would absolutely kill for that level of production. Hell, if KP was anywhere near that level of output, we would be a SB favorite.

Beg to differ.

When Ben was absolutely washed, and throwing with a bionic arm, he still managed to put up the following in Canada's offense:
  • 3,700+ yds
  • 22TDs/10Ints
  • 88 QB Rating.

I would absolutely kill for that level of production. Hell, if KP was anywhere near that level of output, we would be a SB favorite.
How much of that was through the first three quarters and how much was when he ditched Canada's offense and went full gunslinger mode in the fourth quarter?

How much of that was through the first three quarters and how much was when he ditched Canada's offense and went full gunslinger mode in the fourth quarter?
Prime example of statistics not telling a whole story.👍

Man you are a whiny *****. Not reading your psychotic babble. You have plenty of childish insults to posters so spare me your poor me bullshit patch.

Take the tampon out and get over yourself.

You wouldn't know facts if it bit you in the ***. Your opinions aren't better than the next. A reality lost on you.

Now you bore me move along you had enough time to vent.
GOOD! MOVE THE **** ON!

No worries I will be around to call you out on your obsessive ****.🤡
And I’ll factually point out how you literally know nothing about football.

And I’ll factually point out how you literally know nothing about football.
And you will be factually wrong just like most of your obsessive banter.

You are a legend in your mind only patch.

You aren't even the lint on TMC's balls.❄️🤡

Give me a break. There is plenty to blame Canada for, but Pickett isn’t playing good football. Hasn’t, really, this season. At some point, the guy has to make the plays that are there. I know the guy has a dedicated excuse factory here, but until he starts making plays more than occasionally, dude is going to catch criticism. And he is a whole lot closer to Leaf than he is to Montana.

Give me a break. There is plenty to blame Canada for, but Pickett isn’t playing good football. Hasn’t, really, this season. At some point, the guy has to make the plays that are there. I know the guy has a dedicated excuse factory here, but until he starts making plays more than occasionally, dude is going to catch criticism. And he is a whole lot closer to Leaf than he is to Montana.
Disagree, I think the majority knows he needs to play better. At the same time pointing out contributing factors isn't giving excuses it is painting a complete picture.

Not sure why some fans have a trouble with a wait and see approach. It is too early to stick a pitch fork in him.

Disagree, I think the majority knows he needs to play better. At the same time pointing out contributing factors isn't giving excuses it is painting a complete picture.

Not sure why some fans have a trouble with a wait and see approach. It is too early to stick a pitch fork in him.
Nah, there’s a lot of excuses. I have no problem with wait and see, but I’m not sure what you’re expecting to see when you’ve seen the same thing for how many games now? He keeps missing open receivers. He is terribly inaccurate. And now he has happy feet and appears gun shy. There is nothing that says this guy is going to pan out at this point. He might, but I think his ceiling is pretty low. I know he’s a Pitt guy playing for our favorite team, and I think that clouds a lot of people’s perception of his play.

I’ve said before, he hasn’t had a great game, but he’s made some great plays. Taylor Heinicke has made some great plays too. Pretty sure no one wants to wait and see what he becomes while the careers of Watt, Johnson, Pickens, Fitzpatrick and others die on the vine.

Did he really ditch Canada’s offense? Granted, I don’t live in Pittsburgh and I don’t snoop out Steelers news 24/7, but I’ve never heard that was the case aside from fan speculation.

If it’s documented and true, I stand corrected, but I’ve never heard that from anyone but the fans.

Nah, there’s a lot of excuses. I have no problem with wait and see, but I’m not sure what you’re expecting to see when you’ve seen the same thing for how many games now? He keeps missing open receivers. He is terribly inaccurate. And now he has happy feet and appears gun shy. There is nothing that says this guy is going to pan out at this point. He might, but I think his ceiling is pretty low. I know he’s a Pitt guy playing for our favorite team, and I think that clouds a lot of people’s perception of his play.

I’ve said before, he hasn’t had a great game, but he’s made some great plays. Taylor Heinicke has made some great plays too. Pretty sure no one wants to wait and see what he becomes while the careers of Watt, Johnson, Pickens, Fitzpatrick and others die on the vine.
Well for one a change in OCs which can be a difference maker. His accuracy issues are a combined issue. An underperforming Oline ,injuries, a spotty running game hasn't exactly made things easy. Then there is the time frame that he has been under center which is a relatively short period of time.

Your option to choose when you have seen enough. For me I need to see him year 3 with a different O-line coach and OC in place. If I don't see significant improvement then sure I will adjust my thinking.

Did he really ditch Canada’s offense? Granted, I don’t live in Pittsburgh and I don’t snoop out Steelers news 24/7, but I’ve never heard that was the case aside from fan speculation.

If it’s documented and true, I stand corrected, but I’ve never heard that from anyone but the fans.
He went no huddle right ? on the tail end of games.

I have seen him read zone defenses in college. And as the Packers fans are in the same situation we were in 2019 they have already decided Love is a bum and are calling for Clifford. So it’s only a matter of time.

The elementary kids wearing diapers are mentally challenged. Just like slashsteel.
That's just a ridiculous blanket statement. Wow...you've seen examples Clifford beating zone coverage over his four full years as a starter at Penn State? Amazing! I'm talking overall, generally speaking, he wasn't very good at it. Take it from an alumnus who watched every game very closely.

Sounds like those special kids have the perfect leader. But on a serious note, thanks for working with them -- I'm sure that it's not easy for you, but I'm also certain that they love and appreciate every minute of it. I was a flag coach for many years for "regular" kids, ages anywhere from 7 to 15. It's been very rewarding for me to introduce the game of football to little guys who have never played the sport, teaching them and watching them develop, and now seeing several of them succeeding on their high school football team. Including my own son.

That's just a ridiculous blanket statement. Wow...you've seen examples Clifford beating zone coverage over his four full years as a starter at Penn State? Amazing! I'm talking overall, generally speaking, he wasn't very good at it. Take it from an alumnus who watched every game very closely.

Sounds like those special kids have the perfect leader. But on a serious note, thanks for working with them -- I'm sure that it's not easy for you, but I'm also certain that they love and appreciate every minute of it. I was a flag coach for many years for "regular" kids, ages anywhere from 7 to 15. It's been very rewarding for me to introduce the game of football to little guys who have never played the sport, teaching them and watching them develop, and now seeing several of them succeeding on their high school football team. Including my own son.
Oh I missed his mentally challenged comment. Guy loves him some him. A legend in his mind only. Then he cries like a ***** when you give it back to him. SMH

Oh I missed his mentally challenged comment. Guy loves him some him. A legend in his mind only. Then he cries like a ***** when you give it back to him. SMH
Well, the two of you certainly have a mildly interesting dynamic going.

Good QBs miss open guys all the time or don't see the open guy. The problem with our offense is we take so few shots use so little of the field every mistake is amplified. Look at a guy like Kelce. KC has no WRs and everyone knows Kelce is getting the ball but he finds ways to get open. We do not have that here. Our receivers just run whatever and do not adjust routes. Look at our offense last week it basically consisted of 5yrd outs and relying on Pickens to make circus catches. No offense should be built around that. Not counting dump offs to Warren i think we attempted 3-4 passes inside the numbers. You could say Kenny isn't seeing the field but it was the same with mitch and Ben. The line is a also am issue. Any QB is going to have issues when your line is being pushed into you. Look at Burrow this year and Mahomes in the one SB. QBs will get happy feet and that leads to all kinds of issues. If you look at our O in the preseason, Kenny had confidence, protection, we used the whole field, and looked like world beaters. Once the season started they went back to 95% sideline passes. Kenny may be a bust, but until we get a real scheme just can't say

When KP or any QB for that matter is drafted, you need to give them a good 3 years to see who they will be. KP is just finishing his 1st year as a starter and getting 1st team practice and reps. Many are calling him a bust already and we should move on. I find this truly laughable. Sure, he may end up being a bust but he is far from that right now. He is a hard worker and a football junkie. I expect him to keep improving. I will definitely give him through next year before I make a judgment one way or another and, yes, having an OC knowing what he is doing and putting someone in a good position to grow and improve is very important.

When KP or any QB for that matter is drafted, you need to give them a good 3 years to see who they will be. KP is just finishing his 1st year as a starter and getting 1st team practice and reps. Many are calling him a bust already and we should move on. I find this truly laughable. Sure, he may end up being a bust but he is far from that right now. He is a hard worker and a football junkie. I expect him to keep improving. I will definitely give him through next year before I make a judgment one way or another and, yes, having an OC knowing what he is doing and putting someone in a good position to grow and improve is very important.
I haven't heard anyone call him a bust. But it has been a year worth of play and people are getting a little critical of stupid mistakes. I have seen an improvement over the beginning of last year. So that is a good thing. It is just some other guys have started off a bit better. Hopefully, he catches up and exceeds them. Because if your first round QB is a bust you are behind 5 years and guys like Watt and Heyward won't ever get a super bowl and I really hope they do because they deserve it.