• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kenny states he "learned nothing" from the sidelines in Cinci game.

Although at the time I didn't want to draft him … but I often wonder if we drafted Addison if that would of benefited Kenny’s progression into a legit potential franchise guy…

Wow, you'd think by your positioning of KP that he has shown great glimpses of quality NFL QB play....maybe in your dreams. His career TD-int ratio is 13-13, and yet you hold up hs play as something you would brag about? Dear Lord, Dick Tracey, please tell me no. Please tell me you don't see some kind of chasm between he and Kent Graham, because there isn't one. KG's career TD-int stats are 39 TDs -33 int. At east he has SOME more TDS than ints. Kenny does not. You sit and and denergrate Kent's play as the Worst ever, yet celebrate Kenny's play as something to admire. As if it hasn't been 100% horrid. And so the once-ridiculed Mason enters the picture and what happens? He punks Kenny's #s by a wide margin. And yet you think Kenny's production is something to glorify? Hilarious.

Just look at Kenny's #s, look at them for God's sake. They are pathetic and have been ever since he took snaps and CONTINUE to be.

https://www.nfl.com/players/kenny-pickett/stats/career

Next time you want to brag about a QB's production, look for a TD-int ratio better than .500%. Just to clue you in.

I don't know how many ******* times we need to say it, it's his SECOND ******* YEAR. Again, you make it out like he's a fifth year guy that has shown absolutely nothing. And time and time again, it's pointed out he has the best QB rating in the 4th quarter, so obviously there is something there. But Mr QB guru here can tell us who is who isn't going to a decent QB from his mom's basement, while the rest of us are saying it's too early to tell.

Although at the time I didn't want to draft him … but I often wonder if we drafted Addison if that would of benefited Kenny’s progression into a legit potential franchise guy…

The move to make was deal DJ for what you could have gotten for him... probably a low first... and try to draft Addison with it... if all you got was a second then maybe grab Dell or Mims... all of those would have been young hungry DJ types with better hands

I don't know how many ******* times we need to say it, it's his SECOND ******* YEAR. Again, you make it out like he's a fifth year guy that has shown absolutely nothing. And time and time again, it's pointed out he has the best QB rating in the 4th quarter, so obviously there is something there. But Mr QB guru here can tell us who is who isn't going to a decent QB from his mom's basement, while the rest of us are saying it's too early to tell.
Sure, you know EVERYTHING about quality QB in the NFL. So tell me, what "great QB" has put up the putrid #s that Kenny has in his 1st two years of play and has gone on to excel at QB. Go ahead, I'm waiting. Ben Roethlisberger took over 2 years to show anything, right. Oh, my bad, Big Ben showed he was the real deal as a rookie going 15-0 his 1st 15 starts. OK, Ben was an anomaly, but Brady sucked for 2 years as a starter, oh wait, no he didn't. But Maino stunk bad his 1st two years....oh nope. He kicked @ss his 1st 2 years. In his 2nd year he put up over 5,000 yards (a feat unheard of at the time and even rare today) and 48 TDs...in his 2nd year. Well, how about Dak Prescott, he stunk his 1st two years....oops, no he didn't. Well surely Kurt Warner didn't kick *** immediately, errr, in his 1st year starting he tossed 41 TDs.

Basically, the vast majority of good QBs show their potential by Thanksgiving of their 2nd year. What did Kenny show us by then?

- Locks on to one target per play. Immediately looks at his prime target after the snap - the surest sign of a failed NFL QB. That's all.

- Gets "happy feet" early and often, usually before real pressure even gets there. The #2 sign of a failed QB.

- When he does decide on where to throw the ball, often mis-fires and tosses an inaccurate pass.

- Misses wide-open options on plays, never sees wide open targets.

But hey, his 4th quarter QB rating is super (but not so high that his TD-int ratio is over .500 TDs, he's 13-13 on that metric right now at the end of his 2nd year). But let's brag about how great Kenny is. And he's 26 years old next season, but he stinks all because he's too young. Yea, that's the ticket.

Sure, you know EVERYTHING about quality QB in the NFL. So tell me, what "great QB" has put up the putrid #s that Kenny has in his 1st two years of play and has gone on to excel at QB. Go ahead, I'm waiting. Ben Roethlisberger took over 2 years to show anything, right. Oh, my bad, Big Ben showed he was the real deal as a rookie going 15-0 his 1st 15 starts. OK, Ben was an anomaly, but Brady sucked for 2 years as a starter, oh wait, no he didn't. But Maino stunk bad his 1st two years....oh nope. He kicked @ss his 1st 2 years. In his 2nd year he put up over 5,000 yards (a feat unheard of at the time and even rare today) and 48 TDs...in his 2nd year. Well, how about Dak Prescott, he stunk his 1st two years....oops, no he didn't. Well surely Kurt Warner didn't kick *** immediately, errr, in his 1st year starting he tossed 41 TDs.

Basically, the vast majority of good QBs show their potential by Thanksgiving of their 2nd year. What did Kenny show us by then?

- Locks on to one target per play. Immediately looks at his prime target after the snap - the surest sign of a failed NFL QB. That's all.

- Gets "happy feet" early and often, usually before real pressure even gets there. The #2 sign of a failed QB.

- When he does decide on where to throw the ball, often mis-fires and tosses an inaccurate pass.

- Misses wide-open options on plays, never sees wide open targets.

But hey, his 4th quarter QB rating is super (but not so high that his TD-int ratio is over .500 TDs, he's 13-13 on that metric right now at the end of his 2nd year). But let's brag about how great Kenny is. And he's 26 years old next season, but he stinks all because he's too young. Yea, that's the ticket.

You're a broken record, same **** over again. I've NEVER heard the Thanksgiving in the second year BS until you started claiming all the experts use it. I call bullshit.

I've never said Pickett will be great, I've said it's to early to tell, especially with the offense they told him to run.

But go ahead, respond again with all the same info that has been disputed over and over again just because you hate Pickett.

Hey Lenny…it’s playoff time booooooy

Now the intensity goes up a few notches during playoff time…so keep your big eyes open and keep your big mouth shut and learn something from the sidelines so you can be a better QB2 next year than Mitch was this year…I know lowered expectations he can hopefully meet

maybe Kenny skipped the presser because he didn't want to talk about what he learned in Buffalo this week.
Whatever his reason for skipping, it's not good optics. The expected leader of the team skips out on the season ending presser. Leaving his teammates to answer the questions about how the season ended, whether they want Tomlin back, how they can improve, etc. Poor example of leadership; and smacks of "since I didn't get to play, i'm taking my ball and going home."

Whatever his reason for skipping, it's not good optics. The expected leader of the team skips out on the season ending presser. Leaving his teammates to answer the questions about how the season ended, whether they want Tomlin back, how they can improve, etc. Poor example of leadership; and smacks of "since I didn't get to play, i'm taking my ball and going home."
Or maybe because he hasn't played since Arizona? This is reaching to fit a narrative, and it's getting ridiculous. Who went out there for the press conference? Idk, the guy who played QB in the game, but it's confusing to you why they didn't send Kenny out there to answer questions about a game he didn't play in? Yep, I'm sure you're right. Kenny probably was asked to speak and he said "nah, I didn't play, I've been on the bench, **** you" and then proceeded to dip out before everyone else. Yep seems way more plausible than the Steelers just didn't think it made sense to have him answer questions when he didn't play. Guess Kenny just an *******........smh

Or maybe because he hasn't played since Arizona? This is reaching to fit a narrative, and it's getting ridiculous. Who went out there for the press conference? Idk, the guy who played QB in the game, but it's confusing to you why they didn't send Kenny out there to answer questions about a game he didn't play in? Yep, I'm sure you're right. Kenny probably was asked to speak and he said "nah, I didn't play, I've been on the bench, **** you" and then proceeded to dip out before everyone else. Yep seems way more plausible than the Steelers just didn't think it made sense to have him answer questions when he didn't play. Guess Kenny just an *******........smh
I think what they're talking about is Kenny skipped out on locker clean out day yesterday and didn't show for that, which is a bad look for the guy that is listed as QB1 on the depth chart.

I think what they're talking about is Kenny skipped out on locker clean out day yesterday and didn't show for that, which is a bad look for the guy that is listed as QB1 on the depth chart.
It's just a data point. The Steeler team seems in disarray; from the HC to Coordinators to Veteran players to benched players, it is clear their is not a unity of team/message/direction.

There needs to be clarity soon, and it seems this leadership void needs to be filled, at least to start, by the Deuce. Who knows, maybe he also spoke to the team yesterday.

You realize this wasn’t a post game press conference right?

This was locker clean out day, last press conference of the season. Team captains are expected to speak. Both defensive captains (TJ WATT who hasn’t played either) spoke to the media, where the hell was our offensive appointed captain ?

There was no excuse given at the time, but the Steelers PR will come up with something to placate the mob.

Salute the nation

You realize this wasn’t a post game press conference right?

This was locker clean out day, last press conference of the season. Team captains are expected to speak. Both defensive captains (TJ WATT who hasn’t played either) spoke to the media, where the hell was our offensive appointed captain ?

There was no excuse given at the time, but the Steelers PR will come up with something to placate the mob.

Salute the nation
Kenny is really starting to look like a little *****, sitting up in the booth watching instead of on the sidelines with his team vs NE, then saying he didn't learn anything watching vs Cincy, refusing the dress for the Seattle game, Tomlin having to leave him as QB1 on the depth chart, now no showing for locker clean out day.

Settle down Skipper. Who said anything about the press conferences directly after the game? You know they had mini end of season press availability sessions yesterday, right. When the players were packing their **** up and going home. Kenny chose not to participate in any of those. Seems to me you got your panties in an uproar without really understanding the context or timing of what was being discussed. No worries though. It happens often in today's society.
OH! And, I stand by my assertion that it was a **** move on KP8's part to dodge those media availability sessions and leave his teammates to answer those questions. Shows a lack of leadership.

Pickett won’t be in the league for long. He’s not built for it physical and mentally. Hope you enjoyed your glory days.. they’re long gone.

Although at the time I didn't want to draft him … but I often wonder if we drafted Addison if that would of benefited Kenny’s progression into a legit potential franchise guy
In this offense? They couldn't even get him to work with Pickens. This offense is the single biggest joke in the NFL, brought to you by the Steelers, Rooney and Shades. Thanks guys.

Settle down Skipper. Who said anything about the press conferences directly after the game? You know they had mini end of season press availability sessions yesterday, right. When the players were packing their **** up and going home. Kenny chose not to participate in any of those. Seems to me you got your panties in an uproar without really understanding the context or timing of what was being discussed. No worries though. It happens often in today's society.
OH! And, I stand by my assertion that it was a **** move on KP8's part to dodge those media availability sessions and leave his teammates to answer those questions. Shows a lack of leadership.
Well then I apologize, I saw the word presser, that was the only word used, I didn't realize there was a separate presser a day later separate from the normal after game presser. I stopped paying attention to pressers the moment the game was over, other than the viral Tomlin walk out. If true, as someone who really was hoping for Kenny to succeed, that's very concerning. I can kind of see why he might be angry after being rushed back from injury, but you cannot leave your teammates hanging out to dry over your own personal disputes. That cannot happen

It's also a bad look for the guy listed as QB1 on the depth chart to be completely healthy, yet not be the starter for a playoff game.

It's also a bad look for the guy listed as QB1 on the depth chart to be completely healthy, yet not be the starter for a playoff game.
Pickett probably rushed into that surgery and rehabbed with the assumption he'd return to the starting lineup. Instead he got benched for the biggest games of the year. While he was out, the body language and performance of many of the offensive starters improved. For the guys that return next season, how are they going to feel if Pickett goes right back into the lineup without a challenge? I can't imagine they'll be happy and it'll be negative body language at the first sign of struggles with the offense.

Pickett probably rushed into that surgery and rehabbed with the assumption he'd return to the starting lineup. Instead he got benched for the biggest games of the year. While he was out, the body language and performance of many of the offensive starters improved. For the guys that return next season, how are they going to feel if Pickett goes right back into the lineup without a challenge? I can't imagine they'll be happy and it'll be negative body language at the first sign of struggles with the offense.
In Picketts start against Cinci the team had mojo and was riding high. Pickett was 7/10 in the AZ game before getting hurt and he and Pickens seemed to be onto something. Mitch came in and struggled and the D was not good and I think it crushed the teams soul. The offense was doing OK after firing Canada, but we only had a very small sample size w/ Pickett as QB. The games Mason played he faced very little pressure compared to what Pickett and Mitch were up against. As pointed out earlier Mason and Pickett had very similar stats against Cinci and if Tomlin would have challenged DJs catch Pickett would have had more yards than Mason against Cinci. Mason did not play terrible against Buffalo, but he had a costly INT which is something Pickett was not doing. Buffalo was the first legit D Mason played against and it showed.
Regardless of what happened to Pickett it is still a bad look not showing up. If he had an alternative surgery to get on the field quicker and got benched I do not blame him for being frustrated. You still have to man up and be a leader though. I do not think he will be handed the starting job next year and he seems to have lost some of the guys in the locker room which is not good. If he wants the trust back he is going to have to apologize for his bad attitude and put in the work. Hopefully the team will rally around whatever QB gets the nod.

In Picketts start against Cinci the team had mojo and was riding high. Pickett was 7/10 in the AZ game before getting hurt and he and Pickens seemed to be onto something. Mitch came in and struggled and the D was not good and I think it crushed the teams soul. The offense was doing OK after firing Canada, but we only had a very small sample size w/ Pickett as QB. The games Mason played he faced very little pressure compared to what Pickett and Mitch were up against. As pointed out earlier Mason and Pickett had very similar stats against Cinci and if Tomlin would have challenged DJs catch Pickett would have had more yards than Mason against Cinci. Mason did not play terrible against Buffalo, but he had a costly INT which is something Pickett was not doing. Buffalo was the first legit D Mason played against and it showed.
Regardless of what happened to Pickett it is still a bad look not showing up. If he had an alternative surgery to get on the field quicker and got benched I do not blame him for being frustrated. You still have to man up and be a leader though. I do not think he will be handed the starting job next year and he seems to have lost some of the guys in the locker room which is not good. If he wants the trust back he is going to have to apologize for his bad attitude and put in the work. Hopefully the team will rally around whatever QB gets the nod.
1. Okay, so one good game out of 24 starts for Pickett.
2. Pickett had games where he didn't face pressure in the past and couldn't produce points. Why does everyone claim Pickett faced insane pressure every single game?
3. Mason had an INT against Buffalo, something Pickett doesn't do. However, he also threw for 2 TDs, something Pickett doesn't do.

Completely agree with your last paragraph. The main guys he lost in the locker room are the receivers and it's not because of any attitude issues, it's because of his inability to get his receivers the ball to allow them to make plays. DJ already said he wants Rudolph as the starter next season.

It’s hard to stay in this kids corner when he acts like a petulant Millennial.
it's easier for me.

kid did every single thing that was asked of him. He played within the confines of the Canada. He took three (3) f*ckin concussions last year. He was playing well when he got injured against the Cardinals.

What does Tomlin do? Tomlin REWARDS the little b*tches Nae-Nae and Pickens while he BENCHES Pickett.
What... the ... F?

1. Okay, so one good game out of 24 starts for Pickett.
2. Pickett had games where he didn't face pressure in the past and couldn't produce points. Why does everyone claim Pickett faced insane pressure every single game?
3. Mason had an INT against Buffalo, something Pickett doesn't do. However, he also threw for 2 TDs, something Pickett doesn't do.

Completely agree with your last paragraph. The main guys he lost in the locker room are the receivers and it's not because of any attitude issues, it's because of his inability to get his receivers the ball to allow them to make plays. DJ already said he wants Rudolph as the starter next season.
The Oline with Pickett's starts have not been good. Once you get hit and insta pressured so many times it gets in your head. Pickett also had no running game to rely on. Mason came into the perfect storm facing 2 terrible fronts and a team playing backups. Teams had to respect the run which opened up other areas. We couldn't run against Buffalo and were promptly down 21-0. Pickett also had to deal with canada and once Canada got fired, he had his best game. I do not think that was coincidence. Unfortunately we have no way of knowing how Pickett would have looked the past few games and playoffs, but i don't think we are comparing apples to apples with the Rudolph / Pickett comparison m

The Oline with Pickett's starts have not been good. Once you get hit and insta pressured so many times it gets in your head. Pickett also had no running game to rely on. Mason came into the perfect storm facing 2 terrible fronts and a team playing backups. Teams had to respect the run which opened up other areas. We couldn't run against Buffalo and were promptly down 21-0. Pickett also had to deal with canada and once Canada got fired, he had his best game. I do not think that was coincidence. Unfortunately we have no way of knowing how Pickett would have looked the past few games and playoffs, but i don't think we are comparing apples to apples with the Rudolph / Pickett comparison m
So the offensive line was trash for 23 out of 24 starts, flipping the switch for the first game Canada was gone? Yeah, I don't think so. They had some good performances. Kenny's happy feet have always been an issue with him and its worse with him than most other QBs. Pickett had a strong ground game the latter part of the season last year. Pickett is a first-round pick, not a mid or late rounder. You are telling me you need to give him a great OC, a great offensive line with impeccable protection, a great running game, and I'm assuming better effort from the receivers. Why did we invest in a QB in the first round if he needs perfect conditions to succeed?

The Steelers went down 21-0 to the Bills because of turnovers and the defense forgets how to play as soon as the playoffs start.