• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let Cam walk

Greg Lloyd

Reaction score
Cam has gone on record saying he will walk if Pgh tries to give him a dollar less than his contract calls for, which is a $22 mill cap hit.....a 35 year old, part-time player who misses half the snaps and has made almost no impact plays last season; Ba bye, Cam, you have some nerve demanding that. And you know Tomlin is enabling such a 'tude. If Pgh doesn't buck that threat then they deserve being a middling team with no threat of winning a playoff game.

Cam has been a great player for the Steelers for a long time but at 35 and an expensive contract the team simply cannot support paying him this.
Team must clean up as much salary cap as they can and it just may include Cam.
Moving on from Cam, Pat Pete, Cole, Robinson, Trubisky, Chuks, will free up lots of salary cap money.

No way to treat Cam. He played hurt all this past year. Healthy he is still a dominant player IMHO.

They are gonna do what they did with him his entire career kick 12 of the 22 down the road to 2025 and play him. I think full go he us a great player but he is not full go anymore and to be honest sometimes I think his great leadership is just being the team mouth piece for Tomlin. I'd pay him 6 keep 16 thank him for a great Steelers career and hope he wins a SB with an NFC team cause he ain't getting it here.

Meh They will just extend him a year or two and give him a voidable year past that... he isnt quite done and they dont cut guys a year early anymore

I hear yaz, but they need to. It’s always better to cut a year early than a year late. Cowher was good a lot of the times in that regards, mostly because of the no salary cap era, they just couldn’t afford to keep a lot of the guys let go.

A-N-D

Cam is a Tomlin supporter, Tomlin will go to bat for him. I see two years and still overpaid. SORRY, I like Cam a lot. But not to the detriment of the team (He’s not a QB)

Salute the nation

The are are two main signers of every contract...the the player and the team. The Steelers agreed to give Heyward the $22 million, or whatever the amount is that causes the $22 million cap hit. He has fulfilled his part of the bargain...he has played well and hard, he has played when injured, he has been a great ambassador for the team in the community by doing outstanding things in the community. How dare he have the nerve? The Steelers signed the contract too! You could look at it the other way. How dare the Steelers ask him to take a dollar less.

I get the business of it. And that will be worked out somehow. But to blame or question a player like Heyward? It's one thing if the guy was a jerk in the community and lazy on the field. He is not.

The are are two main signers of every contract...the the player and the team. The Steelers agreed to give Heyward the $22 million, or whatever the amount is that causes the $22 million cap hit. He has fulfilled his part of the bargain...he has played well and hard, he has played when injured, he has been a great ambassador for the team in the community by doing outstanding things in the community. How dare he have the nerve? The Steelers signed the contract too! You could look at it the other way. How dare the Steelers ask him to take a dollar less.

I get the business of it. And that will be worked out somehow. But to blame or question a player like Heyward? It's one thing if the guy was a jerk in the community and lazy on the field. He is not.
He's also not worth the money.
In his prime his defenses were embarrassed by Journeymen in the playoffs. We had the best offensive trio in the history of the league and our defense let us down every single time in the playoffs.

In his prime his defenses were embarrassed by Journeymen in the playoffs. We had the best offensive trio in the history of the league and our defense let us down every single time in the playoffs.
You can't put that on Cam. That is weird to even try.
He is not worth the 22M but that is the contract signed. Hopefully they cam work a deal out to make both sides happy

I sure don't remember hearing Cams name being called out by the announcers for disrupting the game so much this year

Moving on from Cam, Pat Pete, Cole, Robinson, Trubisky, Chuks, will free up lots of salary cap money.
All day long, my brother. Cam tops the list of cap corrections. Who does he think he is to demand
Meh They will just extend him a year or two and give him a voidable year past that... he isnt quite done and they dont cut guys a year early anymore
Huge mistake, you don't play patty cake with $22 mill on a part time player. I wonder who is giving him confidence to even try? Best friend head coach?

All day long, my brother. Cam tops the list of cap corrections. Who does he think he is to demand

Huge mistake, you don't play patty cake with $22 mill on a part time player. I wonder who is giving him confidence to even try? Best friend head coach?
Coach or perhaps even the owner?

And screw his "mightier than thou" 'tude he has these days as if he is still a prime player, he's not even close.

You can't put that on Cam. That is weird to even try.
He is not worth the 22M but that is the contract signed. Hopefully they cam work a deal out to make both sides happy
Yes it's the contract Cam signed. But part of that contract is the buyout. Sorry but Cam isn't worth close to $22 million. If he thinks he is, he can go look for a team that thinks likewise.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/cap/2024/

Look at that list and tell me there isn't PLENTY of players to cut/restructure on it.

Can 2nd highest paid payer? No f-in way, and he's 35, not like he's likely to get better and more healthy. If he maintains his bluster about not playing for any less, ba bye Cam, that's a $16 mill savings right there. Moving on....

Fitz isn't far behind on bad $ value, 3rd highest paid, how many snaps did he play, what "big plays" did he make. If I'm Khan I'm approaching Fitz about a pay cut. Shave off $5 mill.That's over $20 mill right there.

Larry O's $13 mill cap hit. What's he really done?

Robinson's $12 mill? I never liked his signing to begin with. 34 rec for that? That's $353,000 a catch. I think we can do better. Zero TDs, for $12 mill? Not.

Chuck for $12 mill? Really? So long Chukie baby.

PaT Pete for $10 mill? I don't think so. A total liability at CB and barely serviceable at S. We can get that for about $3 mill.

Mitch at $7 mill? For what exactly? For sucking horribly? Ba bye.

That's a good start. What lack of cap space is everyone talking about? Plenty of dead wood o cut out.

I can see a $50 mill space creation without even trying very hard.

And screw his "mightier than thou" 'tude he has these days as if he is still a prime player, he's not even close.
You are either 14 or an idiot, I can't figure out which. Can you make a statement without all the extra bullshiit? I agree Cam is not worth that cap hit at this point in his career. But to disparage him as a player or a man because you don't like his cap hit? That's stupid.

I sure don't remember hearing Cams name being called out by the announcers for disrupting the game so much this year
Because everyone knows he's been playing injured the entire year. He came back from his injury well under the normal time expected and well before he was anywhere near 100%. Our DL sucks. Loudermilk and Leal have gone completely missing and Ogunjobi is only noticable on a few plays a game. Benton is the only guy who was doing anything and he's a rookie. Hopefully, he keeps improving and doesn't go missing as Loudermilk and Leal have. They need to draft a DL in Rd. 1 - something they have avoided for way too long.

Because everyone knows he's been playing injured the entire year. He came back from his injury well under the normal time expected and well before he was anywhere near 100%. Our DL sucks. Loudermilk and Leal have gone completely missing and Ogunjobi is only noticable on a few plays a game. Benton is the only guy who was doing anything and he's a rookie. Hopefully, he keeps improving and doesn't go missing as Loudermilk and Leal have. They need to draft a DL in Rd. 1 - something they have avoided for way too long.
After his rookie year I thought they might have something in Loudermilk. Not a star or anything, but a solid, serviceable player maybe like Kimo Von Oelhoffen when he was here. I think Leal doesn't fit anywhere really. Too small for DE, too big and not athletic enough for OLB. DK said this week that Armon Watts graded out as the most improved player by PFF on the Steelers from 2022 when he was with the Bears to now. Whatever that PFF is worth.

Cam has gone on record saying he will walk if Pgh tries to give him a dollar less than his contract calls for, which is a $22 mill cap hit.....a 35 year old, part-time player who misses half the snaps and has made almost no impact plays last season; Ba bye, Cam, you have some nerve demanding that. And you know Tomlin is enabling such a 'tude. If Pgh doesn't buck that threat then they deserve being a middling team with no threat of winning a playoff game.
He got paid almost 36k per snap last year
That’s a boatload of bucks for that production level. He sure ain’t worth the 4-5 year extension he was talking about…good lawd

As much as I love Cam they FO would be wise to shop or cut him
He deserves a crack at actually winning a playoff game in the twilight of his career too

Call the Rams and see if he can get a day 2 pick for him

He got paid almost 36k per snap last year
That’s a boatload of bucks for that production level. He sure ain’t worth the 4-5 year extension he was talking about…good lawd

As much as I love Cam they FO would be wise to shop or cut him
He deserves a crack at actually winning a playoff game in the twilight of his career too

Call the Rams and see if he can get a day 2 pick for him
I can't wrap my head around how we'd get anything for Cam without retaining a good part of the salary. How much is a 2nd day draft pick worth? If we're paying Cam anyway would we be better off keeping him and hope he bounces back?