• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let Cam walk

I
Would be 16 not 22 for whoever traded to
Steelers pay the 6, new team the base 16…no?
I'm not sure if the 6 million goes to their cap or stays with the Steelers. I honestly don't think most teams care that much about the actual money. The cap space is more important, especially for competitive teams.

We're talking about multi billion dollar entities.

This same arguement came when it was near end for BEN. He ended up donating a nice chunk of salary to the team……………………….

What say Ye Cam ? I remember you commented on how happy you were when BEN did that so as team could add competitive player(s). Well ?

Salute the nation

I

I'm not sure if the 6 million goes to their cap or stays with the Steelers. I honestly don't think most teams care that much about the actual money. The cap space is more important, especially for competitive teams.

We're talking about multi billion dollar entities.
The 6.4 million goes against the Steelers cap as it's money they've already paid Cam in past seasons.

This same arguement came when it was near end for BEN. He ended up donating a nice chunk of salary to the team……………………….

What say Ye Cam ? I remember you commented on how happy you were when BEN did that so as team could add competitive player(s). Well ?

Salute the nation
Kinda hypocritical coming from a team “leader”
Kinda like a coach that makes claims like “we ain’t getting conservative now”
“We don’t live in our fears”
“Scared money don’t make money”

They let Troy go at the end and he was a more effective player for the team. They sure as hell can let Cam walk at the end.

Troy also begrudged that the team needed discipline at that time too !!!!

Salute the nation

I think when any player negotiates a big contract at the end of his career, he has to be prepared for the fact he likely won't be worth the money at some point and a business decision will have to be made.

They let Troy go at the end and he was a more effective player for the team. They sure as hell can let Cam walk at the end.
you mean cut? He i not going to walk away

You can't put that on Cam. That is weird to even try.
He is not worth the 22M but that is the contract signed. Hopefully they cam work a deal out to make both sides happy
Put what on Cam? The only playoff defenses he's been a part of have been a total embarrassment, just the fact of the matter.
The great Steeler defenses, he wasn't a part of any of them.

They rarely if ever played together in the playoffs. I don't care how much you blame Tomlin injuries were and are the single biggest factor that has killed us for the last decade. Recently it has been linebackers, both inside and out. In the past it was the killer B's, standing banged up.
Ben threw for nearly 500 yds and 5td, Bell and Brown had 3 td combined, the defense gave up 45 against Bortles (That should have been a superbowl year for us)
The Buffalo game was winnable this year but the defense couldn't tackle, couldn't stop Allen, and let a 190lb #3 WR run through the arms of 2 of the 3 highest paid guys on the defense on the same play.
The problem has been the defense for years, not saying the offense has been good the past few years but the mighty Steel curtain has to be a laughing stock around the league for probably a decade now. No team in playoff history has given up more points in consecutive playoff games than the Steelers.

Cam either helps the team and takes a pay cut or else a team cut and we move on from him.
He’s made millions already so it’s not like he’d actually have to get ******* job after football.
This is a business and organization must make the best decision for them not Cam.

Forget this injury excuse some want to make here. Every team experiences injuries during the course of a football season and the really well coached teams can overcome those injuries.
Just more excuses to protect the HC.

Last edited:
Did anyone see Chris Jones yesterday? Thats what a 20 million dollar DT looks like!
Cam never showed up like that in the playoffs

Put what on Cam? The only playoff defenses he's been a part of have been a total embarrassment, just the fact of the matter.
The great Steeler defenses, he wasn't a part of any of them.
Based on this.. Let TJ walk......

Ben threw for nearly 500 yds and 5td, Bell and Brown had 3 td combined, the defense gave up 45 against Bortles (That should have been a superbowl year for us)
The Buffalo game was winnable this year but the defense couldn't tackle, couldn't stop Allen, and let a 190lb #3 WR run through the arms of 2 of the 3 highest paid guys on the defense on the same play.
The problem has been the defense for years, not saying the offense has been good the past few years but the mighty Steel curtain has to be a laughing stock around the league for probably a decade now. No team in playoff history has given up more points in consecutive playoff games than the Steelers.

Truth

Salute the nation

Business wise it makes sense to move on. Will the team be making a business or emotional decision regarding Cam's future?

Letting him go opens another hole in the roster to fill although at 35 they need to draft a replacement anyways.

Agreed. Shazier was the missing link against the Jags and for years to come. Cleveland same story with our linebacking corps. Although Ben turning it over didn't help them any.

He's also not worth the money.
In his prime his defenses were embarrassed by Journeymen in the playoffs. We had the best offensive trio in the history of the league and our defense let us down every single time in the playoffs.
Never a losing season.
Greatest DT ever.

Against Jacaksonville, Ben took a while to get into his groove and threw a pick early in that game and before you know it they were down 21-0. Then they score to make it 21-7, the defense gets a stop and the offense fumbles, returned for a TD...28-7. Yes, the defense was terrible, but this is a team sport. But overall, I agree. The money they are paying to this defense there should be better results.

As per Cam, you guys are right. He can't be back at that salary for the results. But he shouldn't be disparaged in any way. That isn't necessary. The guy has been a heck of a player and great in the community.

Cam already said, on record, he is unwilling to take a dollar less than his contract calls for. I guess being a Shades kiss @ss brings you wiggle room to be an @sshole.

As per Cam, you guys are right. He can't be back at that salary for the results. But he shouldn't be disparaged in any way. That isn't necessary. The guy has been a heck of a player and great in the community.
And him demanding ALL of his salary makes him a out-of-touch kobold.

Business wise it makes sense to move on. Will the team be making a business or emotional decision regarding Cam's future?

Letting him go opens another hole in the roster to fill although at 35 they need to draft a replacement anyways.
Where will they ever find a player to cover his 25 snaps a game and minimal production???

This roster has been built on loyalty for years tho so I expect they bring Cam back at his lofty number for one last meaningless season, not like Deuce is worried about contending or being truly relevant

If the money flows no need to change a damn thing, just keep regurgitating the same damn 💩