• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let Cam walk

Where will they ever find a player to cover his 25 snaps a game and minimal production???

This roster has been built on loyalty for years tho so I expect they bring Cam back at his lofty number for one last meaningless season, not like Deuce is worried about contending or being truly relevant

If the money flows no need to change a damn thing, just keep regurgitating the same damn 💩
Minimal production? This year. He was hurt. The year before he had 10.5 sacks. He has 80 some during his career. I agree he can't come back at his salary. But he has been a damn good player. No need to kick the guy.

And him demanding ALL of his salary makes him a out-of-touch kobold.
Even though a lot of people agree with your premise that what Cam is scheduled to be paid next season is too much, we all disagree with your disparaging remarks. Cam has played hard and served the community well during his tenure in Pittsburgh. It's not his fault he was offered the contract he has signed nor his fault he has grown older. Speaking of which - it's time for you to grow up.

It's a business decision which will be worked out between Cam and the Steelers between now and the various deadlines for it to take place. I think we've all read everything you've had to say about the matter. It's time to give it a rest.

This roster has been built on loyalty for years tho so I expect they bring Cam back at his lofty number for one last meaningless season, not like Deuce is worried about contending or being truly relevant

If the money flows no need to change a damn thing, just keep regurgitating the same damn 💩
Even though Art II is the 2nd most-poor NFL owner (only more poor than Mike Brown and GB who doesn't have an "owner") he's still worth $1.2 billion. And since 1 billion = 1,000 million, he's not bad off (but compared to Denver's owner Rob Walton and his $60 billion net worth he's practically in the poor house).

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-richest-owners-net-worth-ranked/

As long as his worth stays north of a billion, don't expect Art II to do anything "uncomfortable." It's gonna take a "fire Canaduh" chant-level fan reaction to expect any real change. That level of discontent actually made Art fire an assistant coach during the season for the 1st time since 1941 (over 80 years). When your fans are heard at a Pens' game cheering to fire a coach, the embarrassment had to be too much for him.

Minimal production? This year. He was hurt. The year before he had 10.5 sacks. He has 80 some during his career. I agree he can't come back at his salary. But he has been a damn good player. No need to kick the guy.
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas. Cam obviously thinks his "past" gets him his $22 million salary for 2024. (Actually $22 mill is his cap hit, I think $16 mill is what he's actually scheduled to make and he's DEMANDING every dollar of it or he's walking, according to what HE has SAID. Your past in the past; here's a pat on your backside. But in the real world you don't get paid for your past. You get paid for what your are going to provide NOW. Rooney is suffering from Biden-level dementia if he thinks the 2024 Cam is going to provide $22 mill worth of the play in 2024.

36k per snap
Damn straight minimal production
Unless your talking about how good he looks standing next to Mike on the sidelines-produces there for sure being another lackey

36k per snap
Damn straight minimal production
Unless your talking about how good he looks standing next to Mike on the sidelines-produces there for sure being another lackey
Ok. How do you feel about LeVeon Bell? Your attitude as shown above is partially why players like Bell do what they do, hold out, and I don't blame them. You better get everything you can, while you can, when you are at your greatest earning potential. Screw that loyalty stuff or hometown discounts, because as soon as that player doesn't have as good a year, or gets hurt, fans will turn on them. The team will cut them or want a reduced salary. I hope you don't piss and moan over a player who tries to get everything they can.

And I agree he can't play at his present salary! But all the other snide little bullshiit...looking good next to Mike or whatever...childish.

I'm still asking where Cam is on this...........................................................

When BEN took a pay-cut to help address signing better players / cap room,...... Cam was all in on this scenario, what does CAM think about doing the same?

Salute the nation

I'm still asking where Cam is on this...........................................................

When BEN took a pay-cut to help address signing better players / cap room,...... Cam was all in on this scenario, what does CAM think about doing the same?

Salute the nation
I could be wrong, but I don't recall Ben announcing right after the season concluded that he was going to do that. Maybe he did. Point is...and someone else said this...why tip your hand now? That will all be negotiated. It's just the dance.

Against Jacaksonville, Ben took a while to get into his groove and threw a pick early in that game and before you know it they were down 21-0. Then they score to make it 21-7, the defense gets a stop and the offense fumbles, returned for a TD...28-7. Yes, the defense was terrible, but this is a team sport. But overall, I agree. The money they are paying to this defense there should be better results.

As per Cam, you guys are right. He can't be back at that salary for the results. But he shouldn't be disparaged in any way. That isn't necessary. The guy has been a heck of a player and great in the community.

Ben took a paycut for his guys? Cam is too worried about his podcast and not worried enough about his production. I hope the Steelers are smart enough to send him packing.

Ben took a paycut for his guys? Cam is too worried about his podcast and not worried enough about his production. I hope the Steelers are smart enough to send him packing.
We don't know that. What a guy says and what actually happens are two different things. Did Ben, a few days after the season ended, announce he was taking a cut?

We don't know that. What a guy says and what actually happens are two different things. Did Ben, a few days after the season ended, announce he was taking a cut?

I can’t tell you the timing of how things played out, but I can also state that BEN didn’t come out and claim he wouldn‘t take on e cent less than his contract—— even right at the close of the season.

I think that claim by CAM, about not working for less, before the calander time allows anything to happen with contracts, is what most people are questioning.

Wether he plays for less is still yet to be determined.

Side Note: BEN came out pretty early in the negotiations of his last year deal about reduced wages, that I do remember.

Salute the nation

I can’t tell you the timing of how things played out, but I can also state that BEN didn’t come out and claim he wouldn‘t take on e cent less than his contract—— even right at the close of the season.

I think that claim by CAM, about not working for less, before the calander time allows anything to happen with contracts, is what most people are questioning.

Wether he plays for less is still yet to be determined.

Side Note: BEN came out pretty early in the negotiations of his last year deal about reduced wages, that I do remember.

Salute the nation
Yeah...and that's fine. If that is truly his stance, then that's it. Thank you for your service, you've been a great player and community member. I understand the business side. I'm just not a fan of the snide remarks, as if he did something to some of these people personally.

Its a fact Ben took a 5 million dollar pay cut, its not something he just said.
I understand you may not have been aware of it, but it 100% was the case.

Ok. How do you feel about LeVeon Bell? Your attitude as shown above is partially why players like Bell do what they do, hold out, and I don't blame them. You better get everything you can, while you can, when you are at your greatest earning potential. Screw that loyalty stuff or hometown discounts, because as soon as that player doesn't have as good a year, or gets hurt, fans will turn on them. The team will cut them or want a reduced salary. I hope you don't piss and moan over a player who tries to get everything they can.

And I agree he can't play at his present salary! But all the other snide little bullshiit...looking good next to Mike or whatever...childish.
Feel like Bell is a moron and cost himself a lotta money...absolutely stupid only rivaled by your post above

Feel like Bell is a moron and cost himself a lotta money...absolutely stupid only rivaled by your post above
You have a right to you're opinion, but to compare Bell to Heyward is laughable.
Bell was putting up more scrimmage yards per game than any other RB in the history of the league the ENTIRE time he was in Pittsburgh.
100% the best RB in the league and the second best receiver on the Steelers.
Heyward was never that, and he's washed up.

I like when great players retire with the team that drafted them. Take that away and look at this purely from the business perspective. Cam has said he doesn't want to take a paycut. Based on his future production, what is the number the Steelers need to get him at? Could those cap dollars be spent better elsewhere?

Last edited:
Its a fact Ben took a 5 million dollar pay cut, its not something he just said.
I understand you may not have been aware of it, but it 100% was the case.

I think when all was said and done, he saved them 7-9 million in cap space, I’m just going out of memory. The 5mil was discussed openly, but I think the real number was a little higher.

NOT that it matters in the amount, but I just want to see what CAM’s ends up being. Also remember that Ben’s deal was for a 1 yr deal, his final with the team. I think Cam actually thinks he is still a 2-4 yr. Player.

Salute the nation

I like when great players retire with the team that drafted them. Take that away and look at this purely from the business perspective. Cam has said he doesn't want to take a paycut. Based on his future production, what is the number the Steelers need to get him at? Could those cap dollars be spent better elsewhere?
And we're talking about a player who has made over 115 million dollars already in his career. Cam has been a very good player for a long time. He's been compensated well for his services. While still being moderately effective at times, he's not a very good player anymore, and he's certainly not worth the $16 million hit to the cap under his current deal. If he doesn't want to take a paycut, tough shlt, don't let the door hit you in the *ss, we'll see you at a future reunion gathering. That's just the nature of the business.

Well, I don't know, did Ben quickly proclaim that he wasn't taking $1 less than his contract called so close to immediately after the season ended? Cam did.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2024/01/20/steelers-cam-heyward-nfl-contract/

I guess Cam doesn't appreciate that Pgh drafted his little brother when no other team in the NFL showed any interest. The "little meatball" (as Cam calls him) is the only TE under 6' in he entire league but Tomlin's nepotism policy brought him aboard regardless. 23 receptions and 167 yards, 0 TDs later.....Cam has hardly been a "charity case." His cap hit was $22 mill last year and next. Oh wow, I feel so sorry for him.

While still being moderately effective at times, he's not a very good player anymore, and he's certainly not worth the $16 million hit to the cap under his current deal. If he doesn't want to take a paycut, tough shlt, don't let the door hit you in the *ss, we'll see you at a future reunion gathering. That's just the nature of the business.
Agreed. Cam must be oblivious to the fact he's turned 35 and is a part time player at this point. But just because you are a kiss @ss to Shades doesn't/shouldn't make your massive paydays endless. Cam is acting like he's 27 years old and out hustling making plays for 90% of the snaps. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. He's 8 years old than that. He can bluster and huff and puff all he wants, he ain't worth no $22 mill a year. And he was all cheerleader when Ben a cut to further the team's chances, but it comes to himself and he's singing a different tune.
“I bust my butt in rehab, doing everything. I got to let things calm down,” Heyward said. “Screw the people who keep talking about me getting a pay cut.”

You have a right to you're opinion, but to compare Bell to Heyward is laughable.
Bell was putting up more scrimmage yards per game than any other RB in the history of the league the ENTIRE time he was in Pittsburgh.
100% the best RB in the league and the second best receiver on the Steelers.
Heyward was never that, and he's washed up.
I didn’t compare the two
Not sure where you’re getting that from other than poor reading comprehension

Some other dolt was talking about Cam and brought up Bell…
Simply said Bell was a moron and I stand by that 💯