• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let's Go PENS!

Best game, BY FAR, that the Pens have played since the Olympic Break, bar none. Owned that game from start to finish. Best part was seeing them not let up even after it was 3-0. No, Sid didn't get on the scoresheet, but this was easily his best game since the playoffs started. If this team plays like this game in, game out, they can go a long way in the playoffs. This effort is encouraging. Hope they keep it up.

It sure would be nice to be able to watch these games. We don't get the NBCSports Channel, and are considered in the Blackhawk viewing area for the NBC games.

#71 worked hard tonight

They all worked hard tonight. That's what it's going to take.....maybe their pride is finally hurt.

Agreed Sarge. The refs **** the bed, as usual.

All I ask is consistency, in game and from game to game.....evidently asking too much.

Lundqvist got lucky once or twice but mostly he was ridiculous. Hopefully he can't keep that up.

The officiating throughout the playoffs has been nothing short of horrible. The stuff they let go is ridiculous, and most of the stuff they decide to call is even worse. The NHL really needs to address this. It isn't just the Pens games. It is every game I have watched this post season.

While the refs were trying to give the Rangers a quick lead, I seen them miss a guy obviously hitting someone with both feet leaving the ice surface and someone else exteding out a leg in the attempt to go knee to knee with someone and connecting with it... both were Rangers... neither were called. Imagine that.

The officiating throughout the playoffs has been nothing short of horrible. The stuff they let go is ridiculous, and most of the stuff they decide to call is even worse. The NHL really needs to address this. It isn't just the Pens games. It is every game I have watched this post season.

Yep....just so it's not misconstrued as sour grapes, the officiating was bad for both teams last night and in many of the other games. My son and I were texting about that last night during the game. The new arbitrarily called icing rule is being called incorrectly a lot. In fact the waving off of icing seems to have become the latest arbitrary ruling....similar to the way they throw guys out of the FO circle.

When the announcers of every game say stuff like "they're going to let that go in the playoffs" there's an obvious issue.

, someone else exteding out a leg in the attempt to go knee to knee with someone and connecting with it... both were Rangers... neither were called. Imagine that.

That was Carcillo in game one....obvious knee to knee on Vitale who had just come back from the knee injury making it, imo, intent to injure. No call. Carcillo's a dirty prick with a rep (ala Matt Cooke) but they let that **** go.

When the announcers of every game say stuff like "they're going to let that go in the playoffs" there's an obvious issue.

Even worse, during the first intermission, Katherine Tappen said something to the effect of........"since the Rangers had three PP opportunities, they have to know that the next couple are going to go the Pens' way." or something like that. Ridiculous. There shouldn't be make-up calls and crap like that. If it is a penalty, call it. Be consistent. I do not think that is too much to ask.

Party like it's 2009!

No Orpik, no Glass

Excellent 60 minute game by the whole team defense, Goc and Gibbons on the PK, Vitale-Adams-Stempy on the cycle late in the game

Fleury: Outplayed by Hank but still managed to make big saves in key moments

Fleury: Outplayed by Hank but still managed to make big saves in key moments

Fleury may have had to make less saves, but when you shut someone out, it is not fair to say you were outplayed...

Back to back. Let's hope the rangers are beat up and worn down from all the games they had in the last week plus. We need to take advantage of this tonight!

Fleury may have had to make less saves, but when you shut someone out, it is not fair to say you were outplayed...

maybe technically, but Hank was dazzling all night - Pens should have scored 7 goals if not for his effort

Fleury's defense only let 22 shots get to the net, that's the bigger story - the Pens were swarming all over them, especially on the PK

The Rangers should be wearing down. The Pens need to pound them and keep pounding them tonight. All of these games have to be taking their toll. This is the time they need to take advantage of them playing so many games in a short amount of time.

Why the hell would they have back to back games in the NHL playoffs? That is insane. They should get a day rest in between each game.

With that said, tonight's game is huge. I really think we need to win the first game in NY.

Best game they've played in a long time. Finally they looked like they were willing to take the body and stop chasing the puck. They also obviously decided to use the defense to turn over the Rangers instead of just flying by the seat of their pants. Great job.

Why the hell would they have back to back games in the NHL playoffs? That is insane. They should get a day rest in between each game.

With that said, tonight's game is huge. I really think we need to win the first game in NY.

got to work with the venue for open dates. The Garden has something already booked tomorrow.

Both teams look tired. Kinda sloppy play in both sides.

I like when they keep giving us those shots. Lol

Lundqvist is rattled, and the Rangers are getting back on their heels.