• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let's Go PENS!

More great defense by the Pens. Horrible ref work as usual. Sid got hammered tonight and no calls. Just terrible refs all around.

More great defense by the Pens. Horrible ref work as usual. Sid got hammered tonight and no calls. Just terrible refs all around.

Well, they just figured that since he hasn't been playing like a superstar lately, he doesn't deserve superstar treatment.

I think that ****** bit his lip to get the 4 min penalty.

Great win! I am shocked we won, though. The Rangers way outplayed us in the 1st and 2nd - especially in the 2nd. Yet, we scored twice in the 2nd and they didn't score at all. It was poetic justice with Jokinen scoring coming out of the box on a terrible call by the refs to put him there. Have to give props to Fleury and the goal posts. 2 shutouts in a row and he definitely earned this one. Some of those shots he was screened big time on.

I agree about the penalties. Even the announcers commented on it in the 1st period. They showed Sid getting cross checked with a stick across the back of his exposed neck. That is very dangerous. And, they showed him getting deliberately slashed across the face. Their comment was they haven't seen this style of hockey in quite some time and that the refs need to call it both ways like that and let the Pen's do the same. Of course, that didn't happen.

Even the announcers commented on it in the 1st period. They showed Sid getting cross checked with a stick across the back of his exposed neck. That is very dangerous. And, they showed him getting deliberately slashed across the face. Their comment was they haven't seen this style of hockey in quite some time and that the refs need to call it both ways like that and let the Pen's do the same. Of course, that didn't happen.

The only quote I remember from either of the ******** that pass for unbiased announcers was something about it being "old school." Yeah....old school because you haven't been allowed to do that **** for about 20 years......******* Stahl should be suspended for the X check to the head/neck.....was it he that followed that up with the chop down on the side of Sid's head and shoulder? There is tape evidence......if I'm Bylsma or Mario I'm shoving that **** right in the faces of Walkom and Shanahan TODAY!

I need to stop saying "worst officiating ever" because every time I think it can't get any worse...........they totally redeem themselves.

Good win. The Pens had a lot of trouble clearing their zone all night though and while I hate the defensive shell with a 2 goal lead MAF rose to the occasion and back to back s/o's should be a huge confidence builder.

Nice seeing Gibby get ice time.....he's like a rat terrier on the forecheck all alone.

Bortuzzo didn't look like the same guy from the night before...think he might be hurting, but one hell of an assist on the Crosby goal.

Pens seemed to abandon the hit everything that moves strategy, not sure why it seems like a good strategy against the Rangers.

They really are going to have to watch Diaz......he's a shooter.

"Pens suck, they won't make it out of the 1st rd."

No Orpik, no Glass

don't **** this up now

thanks

zNw5cq8.jpg

Wow, who is wearing Fleury's uniform? Back to back shutouts, unreal.

still laughing over MAF rubbing his pipes

0-34 on the PP - Rangers fans can suck it - all suits anyway, no real fans there, they weren't even booing

oh yeah - Fleury is a GOD!

No Orpik, no Glass = back-to-back shutouts. Coincidence? I think not

Pens have the young legs

Last edited:
I seen that. What was he saying? Picture caddy shack when the judge was talking to his putter. Lol.

Great win! I am shocked we won, though. The Rangers way outplayed us in the 1st and 2nd - especially in the 2nd. Yet, we scored twice in the 2nd and they didn't score at all. It was poetic justice with Jokinen scoring coming out of the box on a terrible call by the refs to put him there. Have to give props to Fleury and the goal posts. 2 shutouts in a row and he definitely earned this one. Some of those shots he was screened big time on.

Rangers had way more shots, but they don't exactly have the offensive talent to finish and their power play is just ghastly right now. This is why most people felt the Pens drawing the Rangers in the second round was a huge feather in the Pens' cap. Pens just have to keep playing the same way and don't even think about letting up. Rangers are tired and searching for answers. However, I don't think any of this means anything if the Pens advance to round 3. If that's Boston out there, I bet most of the pucks that clanged off the pipes last night would have been going in.

. If that's Boston out there, I bet most of the pucks that clanged off the pipes last night would have been going in.

Ridiculous

the shots hit the post - don't even need a goalie in there - they still would have missed

Go Habs!

when their coach starts crying about the schedule, it's over

Juicy ripped their guts out, they were done after that - couldn't even claim it took Sid to score on Hank

Ridiculous

the shots hit the post - don't even need a goalie in there - they still would have missed

Go Habs!

Players with better aim don't hit posts, they bury the puck in the net.

The Pens were extremely lucky they made it to this round. Still feeling cocky about this team, Spike?.

**** yeah, I an't ascared of no Rangers

There is no reason for the Rangers to complain about the schedule since it was their building owner that screwed them. Don't schedule a concert if you want to play hockey.

Rangers had way more shots, but they don't exactly have the offensive talent to finish and their power play is just ghastly right now. This is why most people felt the Pens drawing the Rangers in the second round was a huge feather in the Pens' cap. Pens just have to keep playing the same way and don't even think about letting up. Rangers are tired and searching for answers. However, I don't think any of this means anything if the Pens advance to round 3. If that's Boston out there, I bet most of the pucks that clanged off the pipes last night would have been going in.

Their power play actually looked good in the 2nd period. They had a lot of good scoring chances and kept the puck in our zone most of the time. It was a heck of an adjustment for how bad it looked in the 1st period. The Rangers had many good scoring chances. Fleury definitely played well. The Rangers had a puck heading into the net and Fleury knocked it away with the back end of his stick. That was a helluva save.

As long as the Pens are dedicated to defense they are hard to beat. When they give up 4-5 odd man rushes a game like they did against the CJ they are very beatable. The past few games you could tell they weren't pressed by a need to score quickly. They didn't score in either game until the 2nd period. But you could tell they didn't panic. Just dump the puck and cycle it. Wait for your moments and they did.

For as much as letang was butt games one and two last series, he has been a completely different person. Also, seems we took a page out of the rangers play book from their PHl series and giving up the body for blocks.

Bring on the habs

For as much as letang was butt games one and two last series, he has been a completely different person.

I agree 100%

I was hoping he'd come back healthy - but he's looking better than ever

strong legs - we need to outskate these tems

Ooo gets a little nasty at the end of the game.