• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let's Go PENS!

Hextall was mid-80s. You could look it up. Might be under "record winning streaks". Not sure if 25 games in row still keeps the record. Or you could look up "first goaltender to shoot the puck and score", or "best revenge against Cheliooodle for beheading Propp".....

The cement head mentality is straight up 70s...you know, the last time the Flyers did anything of note in the postseason. And Hextall took that mentality to heart by setting records for goalie penalty minutes. The only problem is, the league left that **** behind decades ago, the Flyers still haven't figured that out.

Go Habs go!

Go Habs go!

What a good turnaround. Go for the kill Friday!

They're in Lundqvist's head. The Rangers have no momentum coming back to Pittsburgh. It would have to be a serious mental collapse from the Pens on Friday for this series to go past Game 5. As long as they keep the intensity level up and continue to play solid D, Friday night should be in the bag.

The refs were at it again. I just laughed when they called the tripping penalty on us, I believe in the 2nd period, as there were just 5 or 6 tripping no calls on the Rangers in the 2 minutes leading up to our penalty. The refs have been so one sided it reminds me of the Devils back in the day. They could do what they wanted and never get called for it in the playoffs.

Gibby's legit.

Letang continues to be the good Letang.

Fleury smokin'.

Geno and Sid feelin' it.

Orpik left early right? Reinjured? He had a hell of a hit on Richards. Borts may be back for Friday.

Niskanen had a tough night.....hope he turns it back around.

I'm wondering how this team (NY) beat Philly? Their "PP" has been our best weapon.

Go Habs.

Things are shaping up exactly how we need them to. The stars are aligning. Keep it up.

Only 15 shots against a team playing just five defensemen even though Bylsma brought that on himself by bringing Orpik back. Even Adams has stepped it up lately, no Glass/Orpik has made him a new man. imagine that.

Gibbons had another strong showing, speed kills.

Gibbons had another strong showing, speed kills.

Gibbons is my new favorite player. He's Mr. Hustle. Something is always happening wherever he is on the ice - hes' got speed, moves, and not afraid to get a little physical with guys that are a lot bigger than him.

The refs were at it again. I just laughed when they called the tripping penalty on us, I believe in the 2nd period, as there were just 5 or 6 tripping no calls on the Rangers in the 2 minutes leading up to our penalty. The refs have been so one sided it reminds me of the Devils back in the day. They could do what they wanted and never get called for it in the playoffs.

Know what's just as one sided or maybe even more so? The broadcast, Pierre in particular. Whenever the Pens did something well, it was because the Rangers screwed something up. And he basically blamed the whole loss on McDonagh acting like his injury brought down the greatest player in the history of all of hockey. It was painful to listen to.

Know what's just as one sided or maybe even more so? The broadcast, Pierre in particular. Whenever the Pens did something well, it was because the Rangers screwed something up. And he basically blamed the whole loss on McDonagh acting like his injury brought down the greatest player in the history of all of hockey. It was painful to listen to.

You just can't get announcing that isn't hostile to any Pittsburgh team. They all know nothing sells better than dissing a Pittsburgh team, no matter what sport it is.

McGuire's "Kristopher Letang" drives me crazy. Was he his 5th grade teacher or something?

McGuire's "Kristopher Letang" drives me crazy. Was he his 5th grade teacher or something?

Yes! My friend and I gripe about that too. And the way he says "Orpik" gets to me too, he pronounces it like an 'e' like in the oil group Opec.

Last edited:
Yes! My friend and I gripe about that too. And the way he says "Orpik" gets to me too, he pronounces it like an 'e' like in the oil group Opec.

LOL, I noticed the Orpek thing, too.

Wonder if orpik will be out Friday?

:-)

If Bylsma messes with the defensive pairings again to insert Orpik, I'll scream

Looked pretty bad on video though. at least a sprained knee

851927207.gif

Last edited:
I agree. While he was only in for a couple series, I do recall screening at the tv "what the **** are you doing Orpik". Lol

Can't pencil the Habs in yet. Bruins get home ice back in a best of 3 now.

Anyone but the evil Habs

The Habs looked like the team to beat, until they dropped the puck tonight. They looked horrible. I mean, really. At home?

The Bruins deserve that series, but I would rather they lost it.

This crew does make watching the po's excruciating. Jones and Milbury are obvious haters and Rege McGuire is just obnoxious.....hard to believe he once coached here. I can listen to Roenick I guess.

Last edited:
The Habs looked like the team to beat, until they dropped the puck tonight. They looked horrible. I mean, really. At home?

The Bruins deserve that series, but I would rather they lost it.

bullshit - the Bruins don't deserve ****

It was a 0-0 game - went OT

they got lucky with a garbage goal when it was the Habs that carried most of the play throughout the game, they were the better team

Grab some popcorn, and watch the Habs and Bruins beat each other up mercilessly, hopefully for 7 games.

Sucks for his loss.....wonder if he plays

New York Rangers forward Martin St. Louis is dealing with the death of his mother, France, who died unexpectedly Thursday at the age of 63.

According to Newsday, St. Louis flew to Montreal after learning of his mother's death, and there was no immediate word if he would be back with the Rangers for Game 5 of their Eastern Conference Second Round series against the Pittsburgh Penguins, set for Friday at Consol Energy Center (7 p.m. ET; NBCSN, CBC, RDS).

"Your heart just drops," goaltender Cam Talbot, one of a handful of Rangers to practice Friday, told Newsday. "We're all thinking about him in his time of need."

The Rangers sent out the following message via their Twitter account Friday: "We send our deepest condolences to Martin St. Louis on the passing of his mother, France. Our thoughts are with the St. Louis family."