• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let's Go PENS!

.....also looks like Orpik will not go, and Bortuzzo will in his place

Let's ******* go!!! One more hour and drop that puck(**** da draft)!

I want to see a better effort on defense compared to last game. Maybe with Bort going instead of Orpik will have better rotation. We also need many more shots in net. Let's end this in the burg! Go Pens!!!

Damn he is going. Well he hasn't done ahit anyways.

PITTSBURGH -- New York Rangers forward Martin St. Louis will be in the lineup for Game 5 of their Eastern Conference Second Round series against the Pittsburgh Penguins at Consol Energy Center (7 p.m. ET; NBCSN, CBC, RDS), one day after the death of his mother.

The Penguins lead the best-of-7 series 3-1.

Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said St. Louis learned of the death of his mother France, 63, on Thursday, not long after the Rangers landed here. Vigneault said St. Louis immediately left the team to return to his family's home in Montreal.

Speaking with St. Louis on Thursday and Friday, Vigneault said St. Louis expressed a desire to play in Game 5.

"This morning he said that he talked to his dad," Vigneault said Friday. "And him and his dad both agreed that his mom would want him to be here, and that's what he did."

Vigneault said the decision was St. Louis' alone.

"We had a good talk [Thursday] night, and at the end of the day my message to him was there's more important things than hockey," Vigneault said. "You have to do what's right. You have to take care of your dad. But they got up this morning and they talked and they sorted it out. And he's here."

Vigneault said St. Louis' decision to play reveals a lot about the veteran's character.

"I think that says a lot about him, but it also says a lot about his teammates that he'd want to be here and play [Friday]," Vigneault said. "He's here and we're going to play."

Vigneault scrambled his top three lines at practice Thursday. St. Louis skated on a line with Derick Brassard and Benoit Pouliot. A new-look top line had Derek Stepan centering Chris Kreider and Mats Zuccarello, and another line had Brad Richards between Rick Nash and Daniel Carcillo. Carcillo likely was filling a spot for Carl Hagelin, who did not skate Thursday.

The only players to skate Friday were goaltender Cam Talbot, defensemen Raphael Diaz and Justin Falk, and forwards J.T. Miller and Jesper Fast.

Here are the projected lineups:

RANGERS

Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Mats Zuccarello

Rick Nash - Brad Richards - Carl Hagelin

Benoit Pouliot - Derick Brassard - Martin St. Louis

Brian Boyle - Dominic Moore - Daniel Carcillo

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi

Marc Staal - Anton Stralman

John Moore - Kevin Klein

Henrik Lundqvist

Cam Talbot

Scratched: Raphael Diaz, Justin Falk, J.T. Miller, Jesper Fast, Derek Dorsett, Ryan Haggerty

PENGUINS

Chris Kunitz - Sidney Crosby - Lee Stempniak

Jussi Jokinen - Evgeni Malkin - James Neal

Beau Bennett - Brandon Sutter - Joe Vitale

Brian Gibbons - Marcel Goc - Craig Adams

Paul Martin - Kris Letang

Matt Niskanen - Olli Maatta

Robert Bortuzzo - Rob Scuderi

Marc-Andre Fleury

Jeff Zatkoff

Scratched: Tanner Glass, Chris Conner, Taylor Pyatt, Deryk Engelland, Tomas Vokoun

Injured: Brooks Orpik (undisclosed), Pascal Dupuis (knee)

Follow Adam Kimelman on Twitter: @NHLAdamK

Sponsored ContentYOU MAY LIKE
Calling in Sick: 7 Good Reasons, 7 Lame Reasons
Salary.com
Better Think Twice About That Mortgage Payment
One Smart Penny
How to Save $1,000 When You're Living Paycheck to Paycheck
ThePennyHoarder.com
7 Awesome Cars Under $25,000
InsiderCarNews.com
NHL.com - Top 2015 prospect McDavid selected in KHL draft
Frederik Andersen injured in Anaheim Ducks' Game 3 win vs. Los Angeles Kings
by Taboola
More Blogs
Return Home
EN | FR | RU | SE
View Full Site

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Mobile Feedback

NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks and NHL Mobile name and logo, NHL GameCenter and Unlimited NHL are trademarks of the National Hockey League. NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams.

© NHL 2014 All Rights Reserved

St. Louis gets my respect. I hope they really lose with lots of class and style.

No fire, no legs so far. Down 2. Ahh. Come on boys. Wake up

Down 2-0 and lucky only down by 2. They are playing terrible.

They've gone back to their sloppy puck handling and bad defense. Mostly just standing around.

Sounds like the bad Penguins are back. Maybe I should be glad I am at work.

man, they better match the Rangers desperation and fire or they are going to get smoked tonight. That was one of the most uninspiring periods from them in awhile.

Put a fork in it. They'll never score 3 to win this one.

They allowed another PP goal. 4-1. They are done. Game 6 and probably 7 here we come.

It still amazes me that a team comes out and plays so consistently crummy in the playoffs. In any sport. They had a nice 3 game stretch. Now it is back to the Keystone Cops routine apparently. Seems they will never learn.

**rolls eyes**
The Penguins are not going to score 3 goals against Lundqvist in 1 period.

I'll bet Crosby has some sweet behind the back passes to a Rangers player, though.

sigh, I hate when clev fans come and try to bust balls. I guess its all you have.