• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Liberalism is a mental illness thread

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
1649009562341.png

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I mean it drives me nuts
gun control is one of the illogical liberal ideals that simply doesn’t produce what they intend. If you banned all guns sure actual gun violence drops, but it doesn’t disappear and the worse cases still exist, but the actual crime and violence simply move to a different medium… yes fewer schools get shot up, but more kids that are mentally busted bring in tennis ball bombs or pipe bombs and the tragedies still happen…

the solution is to do your best to make the schools less mentally stressful, and to have quick response inplace when that one in a million kid snaps… but everyone thinks zero percent crime is a realistic goal…

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

NYC Top Health Official Faces Backlash After Labeling White Women “Birthing People” but Calls Black and Hispanic Women “Mother”​

By Jim Hoft
Published April 3, 2022 at 5:20pm

A top health official in New York City faced major backlash from social media after calling white women “birthing people” while calling black and Hispanic women “mothers” in one of her tweets.
Dr. Michelle Evelyn Morse, the first Chief Medical Officer of the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, posted a series of tweets last month that stirred up outrage.

Last month, Morse announced on her Twitter account the expansion of the “citywide doula program and midwifery initiative to reduce maternal and infant health inequities.”
Following her announcement, Morse posted a series of tweets including naming white women as “birthing people” while calling black and Hispanic women as “mothers.”

Social media users immediately responded to Morse’s ‘racist’ tweet. One user said, “This is why people are losing faith in the medical system, racism goes both ways.”
“Stop changing our words, we are all mothers…no matter what color our skin is. We are not breeders, birthing people, or anything else. We are moms. All of us,” she added.

One user also called to revoke her license.

Another user said, “If you’re wondering why trust in the medical profession is rapidly eroding, this tweet is a great place to start.”

A DOH spokesman called Morse’s tweet an “oversight” and said “we apologize for inadvertently gendering Black and Puerto Rican birthing people,” Post reported.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score

NYC Top Health Official Faces Backlash After Labeling White Women “Birthing People” but Calls Black and Hispanic Women “Mother”​

By Jim Hoft
Published April 3, 2022 at 5:20pm

A top health official in New York City faced major backlash from social media after calling white women “birthing people” while calling black and Hispanic women “mothers” in one of her tweets.
Dr. Michelle Evelyn Morse, the first Chief Medical Officer of the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, posted a series of tweets last month that stirred up outrage.

Last month, Morse announced on her Twitter account the expansion of the “citywide doula program and midwifery initiative to reduce maternal and infant health inequities.”
Following her announcement, Morse posted a series of tweets including naming white women as “birthing people” while calling black and Hispanic women as “mothers.”

Social media users immediately responded to Morse’s ‘racist’ tweet. One user said, “This is why people are losing faith in the medical system, racism goes both ways.”
“Stop changing our words, we are all mothers…no matter what color our skin is. We are not breeders, birthing people, or anything else. We are moms. All of us,” she added.

One user also called to revoke her license.

Another user said, “If you’re wondering why trust in the medical profession is rapidly eroding, this tweet is a great place to start.”

A DOH spokesman called Morse’s tweet an “oversight” and said “we apologize for inadvertently gendering Black and Puerto Rican birthing people,” Post reported.
It's statements like this, that happen all too frequently, yet get a pass, that set racism back decades.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
It's statements like this, that happen all too frequently, yet get a pass, that set racism back decades.
The radical left is something lol. It’s been over a decade since I remember them being radicalized. I don’t take them seriously anymore.

They live in fantasy and will be their knees when the going gets tough

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
The radical left is something lol. It’s been over a decade since I remember them being radicalized. I don’t take them seriously anymore.

Several of them thought they were tough until they ran into Kyle Rittenhouse.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score

For now they reign but for how long ?

This presidency has failed so badly and so quickly that it has made the Democratic Party synonymous with bad policies. The demented extravagance of Build Back Better—like the attempted coup d’état of the electoral changes that would have eliminated any process of verification and turned elections into 30-day harvested ballot-stuffing contests, and a packed, overtly political Supreme Court—could not even be brought to a successful vote.

Everything the administration could do to discredit the “progressive” agenda, from ambivalence about the naked aggression against Ukraine, to maintaining defenseless 5-year-old children in masks, to skyrocketing inflation and urban crime, it has done. Biden has sunk the “progressive” option. And for that, and probably only that, the country will be grateful to him.

qZEIewM.jpg

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If you compare your former employer to modern day slavery, but then *****, whine and moan to be a slave again, your name might be Colin Kaepernick.

IndySteel

Contributor
Reaction score

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
For now they reign but for how long ?

This presidency has failed so badly and so quickly that it has made the Democratic Party synonymous with bad policies.
Not sure what ads the rest of you are seeing, but Mark Kelly, who won (?) the Senate seat out here in '20 has to run again this year because he's finishing up McCain's term.

He running an ad which basically says nothing. A guy that's supposedly a trucker saying Kelly supports truckers and the middle class in general, fighting to lower gas prices and bring AZ together, regardless of party. What a swell guy, just like you and me. Absolutely nothing of substance, and I can only hope the low informed voters out here see through it. While I think it should be a blood bath for the Dims this fall, nothing surprises me anymore.

Reactions: MTC

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Not sure what ads the rest of you are seeing, but Mark Kelly, who won (?) the Senate seat out here in '20 has to run again this year because he's finishing up McCain's term.

He running an ad which basically says nothing. A guy that's supposedly a trucker saying Kelly supports truckers and the middle class in general, fighting to lower gas prices and bring AZ together, regardless of party. What a swell guy, just like you and me. Absolutely nothing of substance, and I can only hope the low informed voters out here see through it. While I think it should be a blood bath for the Dims this fall, nothing surprises me anymore.
Is there going to be a primary for his seat or is he the Republican candidate?

Remember it's not who votes but who counts the votes...

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
While I think it should be a blood bath for the Dims this fall, nothing surprises me anymore.

Same here. While it's going to sound like "We've got this in the bag, they're actively ruining this country and everyone sees through it" beforehand, it could very well become "How in God's name could something like this happen?" afterwards. It's like Lucy pulling the football away yet again before Charlie goes to kick it.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Same here. While it's going to sound like "We've got this in the bag, they're actively ruining this country and everyone sees through it" beforehand, it could very well become "How in God's name could something like this happen?" afterwards. It's like Lucy pulling the football away yet again before Charlie goes to kick it.
As long as they don't recruit people to flood various states with blue votes we should be alright. But there's always that one guy who goes from state to state ruining everything.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Everything the administration could do to discredit the “progressive” agenda, from ambivalence about the naked aggression against Ukraine, to maintaining defenseless 5-year-old children in masks, to skyrocketing inflation and urban crime, it has done. Biden has sunk the “progressive” option. And for that, and probably only that, the country will be grateful to him.

qZEIewM.jpg
That’s nothing, just wait until those 12 states outlaw gasoline powered cars in a few years.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Any candidates vying for the Rep nomination showing any real promise or just the run of the mill traditional political bullshitters?
Way too many nobodies trying to grab the ring, I suppose Mark Brnovich, the state attorney general is the best of the bunch to defeat Mr. Gabby Giffords.

Reactions: JMM

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Remember it's not who votes but who counts the votes...
this bears repeating.

and it should be noted that the Dims will be counting the votes.