• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

LIVE THREAD:RNC National Convention Day 1 July 18, 2016

BAS;262803I said:
just think that there's no real passion being displayed at the RNC except that short amount of time when Christie was directing the "Lock her up" moments, or when Giuliani was rousing the crowd the night before.

You just aren't watching then. Trumps children brought the house down. Marcus Luttrell brought it down. Sherriff David Clarke tore the place up. Sessions yesterday had the place in a frenzy before the vote. The Benghazi mother was powerful. The parents of victims killed by illegal immigrants had the place in tears. On, and on, and on. I've struggled to find dull moments. Granted I haven't watched it all, but damn, that's a bad observation you're making.

BWAhahahahahaha - keep drinking that weak *** soup, you haven't watched a minute of the convention - go vote for Hillary!

Bwaaaaahahahaha! Don't go assuming you know what you're talking about.

Watched most of both the last 2 nights. Talking heads commentating are annoying but you do get a sense of the proceedings from the background as well as during the major speeches.

Mitch McConnell looked like a mummy. Forgot about Don Jr's speech, it was a highlight of the 2 nights, as well as Tiffany's. I liked the Attorney General from Arkansas schooling the audience and the press about how a woman from Arkansas sounds.

How about Paul Ryan? He has a tough job trying to promote unity after being so Anti-Trump for the last couple of months.

Ben Carson showed more emotion than any time he was on the debate stages. Did he sway people though?

Christie was one of the better speakers, I just can't separate him from his antics as Gov of my home state of NJ. He went hard against the pensions of the police and teacher's unions, but didn't do squat to the most corrupt group -- the politicans.

I am sorry missed Chachi and Antonio Sabato Jr's more than likely rousing speeches. :sorrow:

Last edited:
most likely, that is just it.
these things also last until 11PM. A lot of people have to work the next day - even in Cleveland the rivers have to be monitored so they don't catch on fire again.

i fully expect the dnc to be rife with fireworks, sparks, laser light shows, 70s soft rock and ticker tape falling from the ceiling every goddamn night.

Maybe that's part of the problem... that last hour they really need to keep the people in their seats rather than walking out the door. It's like they're limping to the end.

Play stupid games...win stupid prizes.

Hillary is going to flood their convention full of every cop hating race-baiter in the country, guaranteed. CNN will be gushing in praise of every word of hate.

You just aren't watching then. Trumps children brought the house down. Marcus Luttrell brought it down. Sherriff David Clarke tore the place up. Sessions yesterday had the place in a frenzy before the vote. The Benghazi mother was powerful. The parents of victims killed by illegal immigrants had the place in tears. On, and on, and on. I've struggled to find dull moments. Granted I haven't watched it all, but damn, that's a bad observation you're making.

Ok... fine. Trumps kids were good. Did not see Luttrell. Made a point to watch for Sheriff Clarke and he was rousing. Didn't catch Sessions before the vote and missed the Benghazi mother. Work and chores do keep me from being glued to the screen every minute.

Then why bother challenging me for calling a college drop-out model who married a billionaire 24 years her senior, a "bimbo"? What's your take on Anna Nicole Smith?

You misinterpreted what I said. I am RIGHT...not uptight.

I called you out for it because your use of the word bimbo was incorrect, by it's definition, and because, by your ensuing re-definition, Michelle Obama is as much a bimbo as Melania is. Since your attack was based on silly merits, it was worthy of a beat down.

Please tell me how Michelle Obama is not a bimbo and Melania is. What are the differences?

The media is going out of it's minds having to report the anti-Hillary speeches - I swear I saw some about to cry

Last edited:
**** all the losers like Kasich and Jeb.... and it's GREAT everyone is ripping Hillary to shreds, America needs to hear what a miserable scumbag she is.

Trump's kids are the best

Hey, didn’t Tiffany “plagiarize” that “I love my dad” part? I’m sure I've heard others say it before.

Trumps children are great. I do think Kasich who polled ahead of Clinton was the best chance the Rep's had in 2016.

Disappointed that he's a not supporting Trump. I suspect a seeI told you so if Trump losses. But if Trump wins, there's going to be some major kissing the ring among Republicans who want to remain relevant.

The party needs to back the horse their horse in the race.

Politics could have reached an an all time high money / corporation level. Trump threatens the gravy train.

I think Hillary has many Republican like issues on the economy, war, and such. This is why the left has issues with her.

Make no mistake, this about all out war with the liberal left - two choices, Trump or Hillary, that's it.

Worth watching again...in case anybody missed it!

(no sound muting by CNN in this one)

The level of dumbfuckery on this board rivals the sludge seeping out of the RNC in Cleveland. Several lines from Michelle Obama's speech were lifted verbatum into Melania Trump's speech. How incredibly ridiculous is that? If you're the Republican first-lady-wanna-be, plagarize and steal lines from Ayn Rand, Nancy Reagan or Sarah Palin. Melania Trump stealing lines from MICHELLE OBAMA's speech is literally the dumbest ******* thing that's ever happened. This is Trump's America where the stupidest, dumbest bullshit is applauded and revered. The country is teetering on the edge of complete collapse and it's all you dumbfuck Trump supporters that will push it over the edge.

I've sat back and figured I'll just follow along and not post anymore. I'm villified as some 'foreigner' cause I live and work abroad. Well, you guys are in this cesspool up to your necks, and you deserve everything that's coming supporting this asshat Donald Trump. You guys made your bed, you'll have to lie in it. Hillary is damaged goods, but she at least won't destroy the country as we know it.

Last edited:
ha ha!

Tibs, shaking with fury, comes running back to his incompetent lying *****''s defense. Tell us how much you LOVE her, please do.

This should be good

What a strong, sure-handed leader you will all be voting for... sic

Bombshell Report: Trump is planning to let his vice president run the country
http://usuncut.com/politics/donald-trump-pence-presidency/

When Donald Trump’s supporters cast their votes for him this November, they’re actually voting for Indiana Governor Mike Pence to have full executive power, which should make them think twice.

In a revealing interview in New York Times Magazine, Trump’s son, Donald Trump Jr., said his father’s first choice for running mate was Ohio Governor John Kasich — Trump’s former primary rival who finished in second place behind him in the New Hampshire primary. This is despite Trump referring to the Ohio governor as “1 for 38 Kasich” (a reference to Gov. Kasich only winning the Republican primary in his home state) during the primary process, and despite Kasich working with Texas senator Ted Cruz to deny Trump the delegates needed to clinch the nomination.

Trump’s plans for his vice president were first revealed by Trump Jr. in a meeting with a Kasich adviser:

…[A]ccording to the Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named), Donald Jr. wanted to make him an offer nonetheless: Did he have any interest in being the most powerful vice president in history?

When Kasich’s adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

Then what, the adviser asked, would Trump be in charge of?

“Making America great again” was the casual reply.

With Pence in charge of domestic and foreign policy, Trump would be relegated to figurehead status, a move similar to how Trump licensed his name to many enterprises over which he had no direct managerial supervision.

This is particularly worrisome for women and Latinos, as Pence has been a staunch opponent of immigration and Planned Parenthood, suing the Obama administration as a member of Congress over immigration measures, and being one of the first Republicans to propose completely defunding the women’s health organization that provides low-cost breast cancer screenings, STD tests, and contraception.

Pence is also widely seen as antagonistic to workers, having opposed raising the minimum wage from $5.15 an hour to $7.25 an hour in 2007. As Governor of Indiana, Pence vetoed a 2013 proposal to raise the state’s minimum wage to a paltry $8.25 an hour. According to the MIT Living Wage Calculator, a single parent would need to make $21.10 an hour today to earn a living wage.

Pence is also vehemently anti-LGBT, and he once infamously said he prioritized the funding of gay conversion therapy over treatment for HIV/AIDS.

The news of Pence’s possible takeover of the presidency is unprecedented for any administration to openly admit during the course of a campaign. It may shock enough Trump supporters into reconsidering casting their ballots for Mike Pence to run the country, as the Indiana governor didn’t garner a single vote throughout the entire primary process.

Have you not seen the ******* cesspool we are already living in RIGHT NOW? This country is in a ******* shambles. Drastic measures need to be taken ASAP and a Politician is not going to change anything. They want to keep the status quo, end of story. It's getting to the point where people are afraid to go out of the house. I'm pissed off and sick of it.

Please tell me how Michelle Obama is not a bimbo and Melania is. What are the differences?

Well,

Michelle has multiple degrees from Princeton and Harvard and was an associate Dean.
Melania is a college drop out.

Michelle is of modest appearance
Melania is attractive

Michelle married a spouse that matched her intellect, he was not wealthy at the time.
Melania married an unattractive old man for his money.

This thread is about the convention - not a dumping ground for your bullshit.

Nobody cares - now get that ******* crap out of my thread - go start your own.

And there you have it.

Trump staffer apologizes for Melania Trump speech
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/trump-speechwriter-apologizes-melania-trumps-speech/

CLEVELAND — A speechwriter for Donald Trump’s company said Wednesday she made a mistake and apologized for using passages from a 2008 Michelle Obama speech in the Republican party convention speech delivered by Melania Trump.

Meredith McIver said she offered to resign but Donald Trump refused to accept her resignation.

In a statement issued by the campaign, McIver said that Mrs. Trump had told her that she admired Mrs. Obama, and had read passages from Obama’s speech as an example of things she liked.

McIver said she wrote down the passages and later included them in the speech.

“I did not check Mrs. Obama’s speeches. This was my mistake, and I feel terrible for the chaos I have caused Melania and the Trumps, as well as to Mrs. Obama. No harm was meant.”

McIver was described in the statement as an “in-house staff writer at the Trump Organization.”

Last edited:
WHO THE **** CARES?

Now go stick your nose up Hillary's crack and lick up her **** like a good little lap doggie.

Poor Tibs - still wallowing in Bernie the Loser tears, I bet - he still having that Fart In at your new love pump Hillary's expense?

BWAhahahaha - that should be fun.

get over it

moving on

17l3k0wedcax.png

The level of dumbfuckery on this board rivals the sludge seeping out of the RNC in Cleveland. Several lines from Michelle Obama's speech were lifted verbatum into Melania Trump's speech. How incredibly ridiculous is that? If you're the Republican first-lady-wanna-be, plagarize and steal lines from Ayn Rand, Nancy Reagan or Sarah Palin. Melania Trump stealing lines from MICHELLE OBAMA's speech is literally the dumbest ******* thing that's ever happened. This is Trump's America where the stupidest, dumbest bullshit is applauded and revered. The country is teetering on the edge of complete collapse and it's all you dumbfuck Trump supporters that will push it over the edge.

I've sat back and figured I'll just follow along and not post anymore. I'm villified as some 'foreigner' cause I live and work abroad. Well, you guys are in this cesspool up to your necks, and you deserve everything that's coming supporting this asshat Donald Trump. You guys made your bed, you'll have to lie in it. Hillary is damaged goods, but she at least won't destroy the country as we know it.

Is it only dumb when the wife of a candidate who isn't running for anything does it? When somebody running for President does it, like Obama did in '08 stealing lines from Duval Patrick, it is perfectly OK, huh?

Again, she isn't running for anything, dipshit. Another thing, nobody ****** cares, except the drivebys and clowns like you.

Man, I didn't miss your hypocrisy. You should know from dumbfuckery.

We have cops being ambushed on a daily basis, blacks are killing each other in record numbers, our NATO allies are deserting us, Europe is quickly becoming a third world cesspool with trucks mowing down innocents.....but......but....we are worried about a speech.
We have lost our moral compass.