• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Low end WR we could trade for

FordFairLane

Reaction score
#1- Darius Slayton Giants
Not a flashy name but at a cost if 1.9m or less, likely conditional late day 3 pick, and at 27 could earn a contract extension after the season. Not gonna be your #1 but he’s a good number two who has been hindered having Daniel Jones as his QB. If you give a guy like George 30m a season you probably don’t have a lot of cash left. A guy like Slayton probably signs for that 5m-6m range.

#2- John Metchie III Texans
The former 2nd round pick has yet to be activated during a game. That means Rober Woods is firmly ahead of him on the depth chart. This likely takes a little more in draft capital but I don’t think Houston sniffs a 2nd or 3rd for him anymore. If the price is right and I think a mid day three with perhaps a conditional upgrade with catches/yards would be a decent option.

#3- DeAndre Hopkins Tennessee
Long in the tooth but would be a nice complimentary number two option. Problem here is he’s a rental. Titans would have to pay part of his 2024 salary to boot. This likely would be a day 3 conditional compensation.

#4- Adam Thielen Carolina
I know he was just placed on IR in a bit of a surprising move but that would mean he would be eligible to comeback after the bye week vs the Giants. That would give us 10 games with one of the best possession receivers in the NFL. If he produces his 4m 2025 salary would be a nice cheap option for a #2 receiver.

#5- Alec Pierce Colts
Pierce was picked one spot behind Pickens and has had a solid career with 500+ yards the last two seasons. But Adonai Mitchell is hot on his heels. This likely wouldn’t happen unless the colts start off with a couple more losses, which hopefully we add to Sunday.

#1- Darius Slayton Giants
Not a flashy name but at a cost if 1.9m or less, likely conditional late day 3 pick, and at 27 could earn a contract extension after the season. Not gonna be your #1 but he’s a good number two who has been hindered having Daniel Jones as his QB. If you give a guy like George 30m a season you probably don’t have a lot of cash left. A guy like Slayton probably signs for that 5m-6m range.

#2- John Metchie III Texans
The former 2nd round pick has yet to be activated during a game. That means Rober Woods is firmly ahead of him on the depth chart. This likely takes a little more in draft capital but I don’t think Houston sniffs a 2nd or 3rd for him anymore. If the price is right and I think a mid day three with perhaps a conditional upgrade with catches/yards would be a decent option.

#3- DeAndre Hopkins Tennessee
Long in the tooth but would be a nice complimentary number two option. Problem here is he’s a rental. Titans would have to pay part of his 2024 salary to boot. This likely would be a day 3 conditional compensation.

#4- Adam Thielen Carolina
I know he was just placed on IR in a bit of a surprising move but that would mean he would be eligible to comeback after the bye week vs the Giants. That would give us 10 games with one of the best possession receivers in the NFL. If he produces his 4m 2025 salary would be a nice cheap option for a #2 receiver.

#5- Alec Pierce Colts
Pierce was picked one spot behind Pickens and has had a solid career with 500+ yards the last two seasons. But Adonai Mitchell is hot on his heels. This likely wouldn’t happen unless the colts start off with a couple more losses, which hopefully we add to Sunday.
Do we need to? BA should be coming our way any day now.