• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Make America Hate Again - Jesse Smallette edition

Seems poor Jussie may have more trouble than he or Foxx or Mooch bargained for. Go get 'em Trump.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-trump-jussie-smollett-20190328-story.html

55628835_10216708846566061_8530801267520307200_n.jpg

People getting off easy after filing false police reports is nothing new. Remember the Runaway Bride who faked her own abduction to get out of her wedding? Same thing, got off. And she had a huge manhunt looking for her.

My question, from the beginning, is why this is not treated as a hate crime?

My question, from the beginning, is why this is not treated as a hate crime?

Rhetorical question eh?

Remember the knock-out game? Hundreds, maybe thousands of people, mostly white, assaulted randomly by blacks on the street. Some died. Not one of those incidents were classified as a hate crime.

Then one time, a white guy decides he'll take to the street and knock out a black guy. He randomly found a black guy, knocked him out. AG Holder and Obama filed hate crime charges. The ONE time a white guy did it.

Why are Smollett's actions not classified as a hate crime? He's tied to the Obama's. He hates Trump. He's black. He's gay.

It'll never happen as long as the Communists run the media and much of the Government.

Remember the knock-out game? Hundreds, maybe thousands of people, mostly white, assaulted randomly by blacks on the street. Some died. Not one of those incidents were classified as a hate crime.

I didn't realize some people died, that's awful. I hope they at least got life in prison w/o possibility of parole.

Rhetorical question eh?

Then one time, a white guy decides he'll take to the street and knock out a black guy. He randomly found a black guy, knocked him out. AG Holder and Obama filed hate crime charges. The ONE time a white guy did it.

Why are Smollett's actions not classified as a hate crime? He's tied to the Obama's. He hates Trump. He's black. He's gay.

It'll never happen as long as the Communists run the media and much of the Government.

Apples and oranges comparison. Smollett didn’t assault anyone, he falsely claimed to have been the victim of a hate crime. To charge him with a hate crime would be like charging a woman, who falsely claims to have been raped by an unknown perpetrator, with rape.

Apples and oranges comparison. Smollett didn’t assault anyone, he falsely claimed to have been the victim of a hate crime. To charge him with a hate crime would be like charging a woman, who falsely claims to have been raped by an unknown perpetrator, with rape.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree here. Unless someone can explain why what he did was a hate crime. Are there examples of where false accusations led to hate crime charges? If so, then I can agree with what Tim and Pride are getting at. A quick google search produced nothing.

I agree, but I'd be fine with a healthy fine and community service. White, black, blue, red, yellow or brown, there should be a stiff penalty against any false claims.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree here. Unless someone can explain why what he did was a hate crime. Are there examples of where false accusations led to hate crime charges? If so, then I can agree with what Tim and Pride are getting at. A quick google search produced nothing.

You could argue that the hate crime is that he targeted a specific group of people with his false accusation. Granted, the people that he claimed perpetuated the crime are not a "protected class", it was still racially motivated on his part which could also be deemed as slander/libel towards the group that he targeted with his false accusations. Not saying that there is a precedence to be followed, but given his intention of attacking a specific group of people, that in and of itself is by definition what a hate crime is.

55557083_10213747765353561_652407769940361216_n.jpg

I agree, but I'd be fine with a healthy fine and community service. White, black, blue, red, yellow or brown, there should be a stiff penalty against any false claims.

he did 16 hours of community service.
allegedly. we'll never know since his record was wiped completely from the Chicago PD database.

55528673_2227807823925133_1569841010891030528_n.jpg

You could argue that the hate crime is that he targeted a specific group of people with his false accusation. Granted, the people that he claimed perpetuated the crime are not a "protected class", it was still racially motivated on his part which could also be deemed as slander/libel towards the group that he targeted with his false accusations. Not saying that there is a precedence to be followed, but given his intention of attacking a specific group of people, that in and of itself is by definition what a hate crime is.

I think it's a reach. I am not a fan of hate crime laws.. It implies to know what a person thinks or feels based primarily on race. Sure, there are other factors, but unless the perp comes out and admits he hates this group or person or whatever, how can the law know what a person thinks or feels? It amounts to though policing in my opinion.

he did 16 hours of community service.
allegedly. we'll never know since his record was wiped completely from the Chicago PD database.

16 hrs doesn't really teach a lesson, but it is what it is. If you have the money and connections, you can get away with it, too. Maybe.

I think it's a reach. I am not a fan of hate crime laws.. It implies to know what a person thinks or feels based primarily on race. Sure, there are other factors, but unless the perp comes out and admits he hates this group or person or whatever, how can the law know what a person thinks or feels? It amounts to though policing in my opinion.

I agree 100%, but if you are going to have the law then it needs to be applied across the board. When only certain classes are protected it ignores hate crimes that occurs against all individuals. The fact that his allegation targeted MAGA hat wearing individuals and Trump supporters makes his allegations as much of a hate crime as any other

So here is where we are at now...."Jussie Smollett is nominated for an NAACP Award, and host Anthony Anderson hopes he wins"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...st-anthony-anderson-hopes-he-wins/3298234002/

"“I hope he wins," Anderson added. "I’m happy for him that the system worked for him in his favor because the system isn’t always fair, especially for people of color. So I’m glad it worked out for him."

When asked whether or not Smollett would be in attendance at the award ceremony this year, representative Pamela Sharp told USA TODAY she did "not have that information as of now."

So here is where we are at now...."Jussie Smollett is nominated for an NAACP Award, and host Anthony Anderson hopes he wins"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life...st-anthony-anderson-hopes-he-wins/3298234002/

"“I hope he wins," Anderson added. "I’m happy for him that the system worked for him in his favor because the system isn’t always fair, especially for people of color. So I’m glad it worked out for him."

When asked whether or not Smollett would be in attendance at the award ceremony this year, representative Pamela Sharp told USA TODAY she did "not have that information as of now."

So because the you view the system as unfair to people of color, you condone when the system fails in not prosecuting a person of color? Hypocritical much?

You could argue that the hate crime is that he targeted a specific group of people with his false accusation.

He was no more specific than Trump was in making his accusations about Mexicans crossing the border.

Hate crime is not an offense in itself. It is an extra level that is added to an existing crime. The key is the motivation of the crime, not the crime itself. Therefore, it does fit to designate this as a hate crime because his motivation was based on race and that is pretty much the definition of when a regular crime is elevated to hate crime.

So because the you view the system as unfair to people of color, you condone when the system fails in not prosecuting a person of color? Hypocritical much?

I don't view it that way at all i think he should be thrown in jail. He could have caused riots with his made up BS. Not counting all the man power and what not wasted

Hate crime is not an offense in itself. It is an extra level that is added to an existing crime. The key is the motivation of the crime, not the crime itself. Therefore, it does fit to designate this as a hate crime because his motivation was based on race and that is pretty much the definition of when a regular crime is elevated to hate crime.

The true crime is something the left accuses Trump of all the time -- it fomented the racial divide in the country. You can't condemn Trump for his words and give Smollet a pass for his deeds that serve the same function.

I don't view it that way at all i think he should be thrown in jail. He could have caused riots with his made up BS. Not counting all the man power and what not wasted

My bad, I was referring to Anthony Anderson...not you personally

He was no more specific than Trump was in making his accusations about Mexicans crossing the border.

Difference is, Trump is at least partially correct. At least.

The difference is there is documented evidence of illegal immigrants committing crimes and also imprissoned in the penal system. Nice to see that you would condone this hoax and try to justify it at the same time.

The difference is there is documented evidence of illegal immigrants committing crimes and also imprissoned in the penal system. Nice to see that you would condone this hoax and try to justify it at the same time.

a lot of people are justifying it and still thinks he didn't make it up or they are just happy he walked free. Another reason why this world is turning to ****.