• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Make America Hate Again - Jesse Smallette edition

People getting off easy after filing false police reports is nothing new. Remember the Runaway Bride who faked her own abduction to get out of her wedding? Same thing, got off. And she had a huge manhunt looking for her.

Some people are just bat **** crazy

It would suit me just fine if somebody showed him exactly what it was like to be mugged, beaten and doused with bleach. Ya know, just to be able to say he really did experience the degradation n'stuff.

It would suit me just fine if somebody showed him exactly what it was like to be mugged, beaten and doused with bleach. Ya know, just to be able to say he really did experience the degradation n'stuff.

C'mon Chip, don't forget the noose.

The difference is there is documented evidence of illegal immigrants committing crimes and also imprissoned in the penal system. Nice to see that you would condone this hoax and try to justify it at the same time.

I didn’t condone it. You’re just butt hurt that nobody agreed with your (and Tim’s) stupid assertion that Smollett could be charged with a hate crime.

I didn’t condone it. You’re just butt hurt that nobody agreed with your (and Tim’s) stupid assertion that Smollett could be charged with a hate crime.

Butt hurt. LOL. What leaves me butt hurt is when someone insists they fire imaginary guns...that don't exist.

giphy.gif

Everyone else has made my arguments for me. Hate crime is loosely defined. And I believe (that is my opinion) this can and should be classified as one.

Why did he stage this fake attack? Money? Position on his show? Wanted more airtime? Hated whitey? Not sure, lots of rumors there.

What was his crime? His crime involved hate. He staged an attack that was racist in nature, portraying "whites" as a racist, bleaching, noose tying lynch mob. He "targeted" a specific race for a reason, otherwise why not say that Muslims attacked him, or that "he couldn't tell?" Why was he so specific in his description? He targeted white Conservatives.

Now, as has been pointed out, assume he's not caught, and people believed this true. What about the ensuing riots that would have followed. Maybe like Ferguson, all begun on false information as well. How many were harmed, killed, and how much $$ did it cost to repair that town because of false information about Michael Brown and Obama stirring the masses? It's not hard to imagine that if Chicagoans started to believe that white Conservatives were running around attempting to lynch blacks, that blacks might start randomly targeting whites. Not hard at all. All because Jesse targeted very specifically whites.

Look at the police assassinations in Dallas. Driven by BLM, an organization that was at the time specifically thriving on "hate" and "hate speech." Hate led Michah to shoot. Officers died. We now have regular cop assassinations occurring across the nation. Hate drove these speeches ("what do we want? Dead Cops!") and hate's led to triggers being pulled.

Smollett's actions very well could have led to further, deep hate, based off of his own targeted hate ploy. Hate that could have led to riots and potentially murder.

It's not that hard to classify what he's done as a hate crime.

16-spongebob-explainer.w700.h700.jpg

Last edited:

I don't think you can call what he did a hate crime, because I'm not even sure what he did was a crime. Now when he filed the false report with police, that is a crime. But staging an attack on yourself isn't a crime. Stupid for sure, but stupid isn't a crime.

And, as I stated before, I dislike hate crime legislation. It is often vague and implies that someone can tell what you were thinking or feeling based on your victim and your actions. It is stupid.

Butt hurt. LOL. What leaves me butt hurt is when someone insists they fire imaginary guns...that don't exist.

giphy.gif

Everyone else has made my arguments for me. Hate crime is loosely defined. And I believe (that is my opinion) this can and should be classified as one.

Why did he stage this fake attack? Money? Position on his show? Wanted more airtime? Hated whitey? Not sure, lots of rumors there.

What was his crime? His crime involved hate. He staged an attack that was racist in nature, portraying "whites" as a racist, bleaching, noose tying lynch mob. He "targeted" a specific race for a reason, otherwise why not say that Muslims attacked him, or that "he couldn't tell?" Why was he so specific in his description? He targeted white Conservatives.

Now, as has been pointed out, assume he's not caught, and people believed this true. What about the ensuing riots that would have followed. Maybe like Ferguson, all begun on false information as well. How many were harmed, killed, and how much $$ did it cost to repair that town because of false information about Michael Brown and Obama stirring the masses? It's not hard to imagine that if Chicagoans started to believe that white Conservatives were running around attempting to lynch blacks, that blacks might start randomly targeting whites. Not hard at all. All because Jesse targeted very specifically whites.

Look at the police assassinations in Dallas. Driven by BLM, an organization that was at the time specifically thriving on "hate" and "hate speech." Hate led Michah to shoot. Officers died. We now have regular cop assassinations occurring across the nation. Hate drove these speeches ("what do we want? Dead Cops!") and hate's led to triggers being pulled.

Smollett's actions very well could have led to further, deep hate, based off of his own targeted hate ploy. Hate that could have led to riots and potentially murder.

16-spongebob-explainer.w700.h700.jpg

LOL! Once again you follow up my two sentences with a dissertation. You have protested too much. I rest my case.

I don't think you can call what he did a hate crime, because I'm not even sure what he did was a crime. Now when he filed the false report with police, that is a crime. But staging an attack on yourself isn't a crime. Stupid for sure, but stupid isn't a crime.

And, as I stated before, I dislike hate crime legislation. It is often vague and implies that someone can tell what you were thinking or feeling based on your victim and your actions. It is stupid.

We will have to agree to disagree.

As you state, filing a false police report is a crime. He was indicted on 16 different "felonies," each a disorderly conduct felony, the primary of which was lying to police about being the victim of a racist and homophobic attack.

The amount of money he cost the city of Chicago is a travesty.

If a person can stage a fake crime, saying that a Trump supporter, or a white man, or a conservative, attacked and beat them and it's not considered a hate crime, I think it should be. I too dislike hate crime legislation, but we aren't wishing that away. It's here to stay for the foreseeable future. Therefore, if it is going to remain, then it needs to be applied equally.

Under hate crime legislation, if I am targeted and beaten because of the color of my skin, then it can be classified a hate crime. Why too should a staged fake hate crime not be considered the same? It was born of hate. Smollett staged this attack specifically targeting classes of people due to his hatred for them. He's an outspoken and loud voice against Trump, against Conservatives, and against white people. These are the very people he tried to harm with his act.

And as I stated to Flogomanbun, his actions very easily could have led to riots or random acts of violence inspired by this false story.

These staged crimes should be treated as any other hate crime. It was staged specifically and intentionally intending to harm a class of people.

Another hoax? Staged hate crimes instill fear, divide communities, breed cynicism

Hoax hate crimes accomplish three main things, all of them bad.

First, they cause (usually) minority populations to fear for their lives needlessly. People have every good reason to be scared if, say, it appears that someone is hanging nooses around to intimidate them. If there is no shadowy, violent and racist power making such overt displays, then what special place in hell can be reserved for the person who would make others believe there is one, and to fear for no reason? This result, all on its own, justifies throwing the book at those who fake hate crimes.

Second, hoax incidents cause people to be suspicious of their neighbors. In falsely convincing people that there exists a large, hostile, and potentially violent population in their midst, it breeds distrust and divides communities. If the goal is to make people hate and distrust each other, hoax hate crimes will do the trick.

Third, these hoax incidents cause everyone to view all hate-crime incidents, including the ones that turn out to be real, with cynicism and disbelief. This is a natural result of people seeing so many high-profile incidents that turn out to be hoaxes.

Hate crimes are real, but so are hoaxes, and the latter occur more often than you'd think. Recently, our own Eddie Scarry catalogued three incidents that occurred just on college campuses in November -- campuses being a favorite location for hoax hate crimes. We've taken other previous looks at this lamentable phenomenon as well.

But as Quillette's Andy Ngo pointed out today on Twitter, there's an abundance of such hoaxes on and off campus, and they seem to have become considerably more frequent upon Trump's election. It's as if his presidency provides the excuse for people to pretend things are much worse than they are. The staged attacks and false-flag intimidation tactics range from seemingly minor campus incidents to street violence and racially intimidating vandalism. But all of these are harmful, for the reasons noted above.

Until we properly punish those who stage these crimes, that damage and divide us, they will continue.

It's a travesty that Jussie was let go from this obvious crime and not prosecuted to the fullest.

Shame on us.

You guys are all missing the silver lining.

Clearly if you have some kind of mid-life crisis and want for some reason, to go on a crime spree - Chicago is your town.

all you have to do is get ahold of Kim Foxx's office ahead of time and do the precursory "Are we Cool?" check.

Well the Chicago PD wants something like 130k paid back for wasting their ******* time. I think they gave the peter pulling pole smoker a week to do it.

I believe Tim's referring to the "fire" in a movie theater issue. We can use "fire" here as "This is MAGA country!" per Jussie Smollett's own words.
It's not illegal to yell that, or say it. Yet if it incites a riot or causes harm to other people via riot or other unlawfulness, then a crime has been committed.

http://civil-liberties.yoexpert.com...-shout-"fire"-in-a-crowded-theater-19421.html

everything else Smollett did was an effort to get that riot started. Paying the two guys to "assault" him, his endless interviews, his attempt to whip the populace of Chicago into a frenzy and spurn anyone who supports the President... all mere attempts to fan the flame.

Had a riot actually occurred or someone been assaulted as a result of this, then Smollett would be liable.

He should at the very least be held accountable for his actions, scored by his work place and required to repay expenses used in his the investigation of his false claim.

And if anyone reports being assaulted due to this claim, Smollett should be held liable.

I believe Tim's referring to the "fire" in a movie theater issue. We can use "fire" here as "This is MAGA country!" per Jussie Smollett's own words.
It's not illegal to yell that, or say it. Yet if it incites a riot or causes harm to other people via riot or other unlawfulness, then a crime has been committed.

http://civil-liberties.yoexpert.com...-shout-"fire"-in-a-crowded-theater-19421.html

everything else Smollett did was an effort to get that riot started. Paying the two guys to "assault" him, his endless interviews, his attempt to whip the populace of Chicago into a frenzy and spurn anyone who supports the President... all mere attempts to fan the flame.

Had a riot actually occurred or someone been assaulted as a result of this, then Smollett would be liable.

He should at the very least be held accountable for his actions, scored by his work place and required to repay expenses used in his the investigation of his false claim.

And if anyone reports being assaulted due to this claim, Smollett should be held liable.

I agree with what you say, except there were no riots, no assaults, nothing. Had there been riots or assaults as a direct result of his story, then yeah, he is liable. But none of that happened. We know what COULD have happened. What we cannot say with certainty that those were his intentions. Again, it becomes thought policing. And we head just a little further down the rabbit hole.

As Tim stated, he was charged with 16 felonies related to lying to police. That being the case, if he never makes a police report or presses charges or whatever, just goes on TV and makes ridiculous claims like he did, is it still a crime? And if it isn't a crime, is it a hate crime?

I agree he should have been punished. No question. But this isn't without precedent.

Do you remember Ashley Todd? If not, I'll give you a brief recap. She was a white John McCain supporter who claimed a black guy attacked her and carved a "B" into her face. The B, of course, stands for Barack. She was charged with filing a false police report (a misdemeanor), and was ultimately given probation and a psyche eval. People probably thought she got off scot-free too.

Not only did this assmunch not have to allocute, but they sealed his case files so he can go around still claiming he is innocent.

Very cool that the police released evidence anyway.

Last edited:
No self respecting rioter riots when it's minus 52 in a polar vortex. That may have tamped down the enthusiasm.

I just read that truck face could get 20 years in prison for corruption over this. She had initially recused herself and then she pulls this bullshit.

Talk about being misnamed ...

Foxx.jpg

It looks like she was chasing a bus that stopped short.

She looks more like Redd Foxx in a wig.

THEY would be charged with a hate crime.

Do you remember Ashley Todd? If not, I'll give you a brief recap. She was a white John McCain supporter who claimed a black guy attacked her and carved a "B" into her face. The B, of course, stands for Barack. She was charged with filing a false police report (a misdemeanor), and was ultimately given probation and a psyche eval. People probably thought she got off scot-free too.

You left out the best part: She carved it backwards because she was watching herself do it in a mirror.

I just read that truck face could get 20 years in prison for corruption over this. She had initially recused herself and then she pulls this bullshit.

She is saying now she didn't "recused" herself "legally". She's a ******* moron and corrupt to the core like most big city dems. I hope she rots in jail.

You left out the best part: She carved it backwards because she was watching herself do it in a mirror.

Dude. Quit trying to defend the indefensible. What Smallette did is not defensible. He created a story to bring attention to himself, and make a non-story even worse by claiming racism and his **** tendency played a crucial role. It was 2 AM, it was freaking cold outside and he shows up somewhere to say he's been accosted, bleached or poured over with gasoline which was their original plan, and a freaking noose around his neck. His attackers are wearing MAGA hats and he swears they're white.

Won't turn over his cell, won't expand on why he was out in sub-zero weather at 2 AM, and becomes front page news by the fake news media. It was only a matter of time before the PD discovered his personal check to his attackers, the video of him purchasing the items he was attacked with, back-investigation of him sending white powder (aspirin) to himself, and cut out letters from magazines in his home used to threaten him.

Weeks after being outed as the person of interest, he claims he did it to bring attention to racism, anti-gay views, and needing a raise for his prominent role on a ****** series on tv. Oh, and they fired him too. Add the many pictures of him with Mooch and Hussein and you can understand the concerns of people who were minding their own when this ********** took over the news. During a polar vortex.

What in the fuckity **** do you or anyone defend here? This is not a case of a runaway bride, or some crazy ***** carving her crazy *** with a knife. This is a planned and carried out effort to further AND politicize contrived differences with MAGA hat wearers at 2 freaking AM in the morning, and the US is freezing. This dude is a serious POS who doesn't deserve yours or anyone else's defense. His little plan here had been going on for months mailing himself aspirin. You can say this ain't a hate crime and I'd sorta agree, but this prick damn sure had an agenda which wasn't to improve America.

Little clue here, MAGA hat wearers don't have the time to do what Jussie claims, and ain't stupid enough to be doing this at 2 AM when it's fkn freezing. LOL You know what kills me, even the cesspool of corruption Chicago PD didn't believe his ***, and mayor Rom was pissed at Mz. Foxx's declarations. But the mayor's story in this "matter" (to coin Loretta Lynch) has yet be written.

The Illinois U.S. Attorney for the Northern District is a Trump appointee. And after Russia, Jussie may be the pandoras box of pissed off Trump.

Dude. Quit trying to defend the indefensible. What Smallette did is not defensible. He created a story to bring attention to himself, and make a non-story even worse by claiming racism and his **** tendency played a crucial role. It was 2 AM, it was freaking cold outside and he shows up somewhere to say he's been accosted, bleached or poured over with gasoline which was their original plan, and a freaking noose around his neck. His attackers are wearing MAGA hats and he swears they're white.

Pffft, like Republicans and MAGA hats exist in Chicago anyway. That was your first tipoff. Chicago reliably votes 105% Democrat once you add the dead people who vote.