• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Make America Hate Again - Jesse Smallette edition

She looks more like Redd Foxx in a wig.

iu

iu

Dude. Quit trying to defend the indefensible. What Smallette did is not defensible.

So by mentioning the humorous details of another staged assault that happened a decade ago, and was brought up by Sarge, I’m somehow defending Smollett? How, exactly? Straw man much?

Blacks only care about injustice or mistreatment when it’s perpetrated by white people. Look at all the horrible conditions black people are living in in some African nations to this day that you never hear a peep about because the leaders of those countries are black themselves. The only time you heard black folks in this country gripe about anything going on in Africa, however, was when all that **** was going on in South Africa. Why you may ask? Because South Africa was run by white people. Young black kids die on the streets every day at the hands of other young black kids, but they only seem to care about the ones killed by cops because in those cases they can attribute it to racism.

I believe Tim's referring to the "fire" in a movie theater issue. We can use "fire" here as "This is MAGA country!" per Jussie Smollett's own words.
It's not illegal to yell that, or say it. Yet if it incites a riot or causes harm to other people via riot or other unlawfulness, then a crime has been committed.

http://civil-liberties.yoexpert.com...-shout-"fire"-in-a-crowded-theater-19421.html

everything else Smollett did was an effort to get that riot started. Paying the two guys to "assault" him, his endless interviews, his attempt to whip the populace of Chicago into a frenzy and spurn anyone who supports the President... all mere attempts to fan the flame.

Had a riot actually occurred or someone been assaulted as a result of this, then Smollett would be liable.

He should at the very least be held accountable for his actions, scored by his work place and required to repay expenses used in his the investigation of his false claim.

And if anyone reports being assaulted due to this claim, Smollett should be held liable.

Yes, well said. However, I have to add, like icing on a cake, his intentions involved hate for a certain populace. He targeted them VERY specifically - white, MAGA Trump supporters.

I agree with what you say, except there were no riots, no assaults, nothing. Had there been riots or assaults as a direct result of his story, then yeah, he is liable. But none of that happened. We know what COULD have happened. What we cannot say with certainty that those were his intentions. Again, it becomes thought policing. And we head just a little further down the rabbit hole.

Sorry sarge, that logic doesn't work. Can I go in front of a TV camera and say I'm going to kill the President? I'm not going to. But can I? Of course not. Just because "no riots" ensued doesn't mean that what the man did should be excused. It should be treated very seriously and punished.

Now I agree with you about the rabbit hole. I wish we weren't here. But as I said in a prior post, hate laws aren't going away. So we have to deal with them. If we have to, then they should damn well apply unilaterally.

As Tim stated, he was charged with 16 felonies related to lying to police. That being the case, if he never makes a police report or presses charges or whatever, just goes on TV and makes ridiculous claims like he did, is it still a crime? And if it isn't a crime, is it a hate crime?
Again, see above. If I shoot at a cop and miss him, because I didn't hit him, is it not a crime?

Jessie targeted WHITE people...intentionally...(and the following is my opinion, as you have yours) born of a hatred for them. Much like some people or gangs will target, say, homosexuals. He also intentionally targeted Conservatives.

Now consider the hate laws, which are Federal and State level.

The Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, , passed on October 22, 2009, expands the 1969 United States federal hate-crime law to include crimes motivated by a victim's actual or perceived gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability. It adds to the original laws (which vary by state) that protect a person's protected characteristics of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability. They are also known as "bias" crimes. There are Federal, then varying State laws. 5 states cover political affiliation as protected.

I'll ask the question again....if Jessie staged this crime to get more air time on Empire, and says he just got "beaten up" by unidentifiable assailants, then it's not hate based. But he specifically staged a crime targeting White (race) Conservatives (political affiliation), making them out to look like racist lynch mob people. That's resentment/hate. Why be so specific unless the intent was to HARM those classes of people?

You can have your opinion that it wasn't hate based. And we can debate if a crime was committed or not. My opinion is it very obviously was born of hate, and being charged with 16 felonies tells me that it was undeniably criminal.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I stated he should have been punished for what he did. I believe his actions are ignorant and terribly misguided. My issue is with everyone running around declaring what his intentions were when absolutely no one knows. I know what it looks like. But some of the stuff put forth is ridiculous, tin foil hat kind of ****. I think when you get into policing thought or punishing people for something that could have happened, you are handing power to the very people that try pulling this kind of ****. Bad enough free speech is on life support. I’d like to at least remain in control of my own thoughts.

Don’t misunderstand. I am not defending Jussie Smollette or anything he did. I am advocating that no matter how reprehensible we may find a person’s actions, we have to be careful in what we ask law enforcement to do in regards what could have happened or what we believe a person’s intentions to be. Once that starts, it never stops and never gets better.

Pretty sure I stated he should have been punished for what he did. I believe his actions are ignorant and terribly misguided. My issue is with everyone running around declaring what his intentions were when absolutely no one knows. I know what it looks like. But some of the stuff put forth is ridiculous, tin foil hat kind of ****. I think when you get into policing thought or punishing people for something that could have happened, you are handing power to the very people that try pulling this kind of ****. Bad enough free speech is on life support. I’d like to at least remain in control of my own thoughts.

Don’t misunderstand. I am not defending Jussie Smollette or anything he did. I am advocating that no matter how reprehensible we may find a person’s actions, we have to be careful in what we ask law enforcement to do in regards what could have happened or what we believe a person’s intentions to be. Once that starts, it never stops and never gets better.

Everybody in the country knows what his intention were. He wanted to frame white Trump supporters as racist bigots. He had a damn agenda period.

That is why I HATE the concept of a hate crime or even hate speech. A hate crime is simply a crime. A murder is a murder, a rape is a rape, why do we need to find more there than the basic crime itself. If something is illegal it is illegal. Just like if I kill you with a gun or a stone what does that matter I am still a murder and you are still dead.

That is why I HATE the concept of a hate crime or even hate speech. A hate crime is simply a crime. A murder is a murder, a rape is a rape, why do we need to find more there than the basic crime itself. If something is illegal it is illegal. Just like if I kill you with a gun or a stone what does that matter I am still a murder and you are still dead.
Hate crimes and hate speech are classic milestones of an increasingly controlling state. Not satire anymore. Reality.

Exactly. And no matter what was in his head, it was a crime he committed that needs the proper punishment applied.

And I hear what you're saying Sarge.

I saw a comment from Rush this morning and the behind the scenes potential for this whole mess is just coming to light. Whether or not the whole story ever comes to light, we'll never know but the possibilities expand by the day.

First we have the anti-lynching bill...passed the Senate in how many days? “This is a modern-day lynching.” , says Harris

In December Kamala Harris introduced an anti-lynching bill in Congress that was pulled back. Smollett then becomes a victim of what?

Sens. Kamala Harris, Corey Booker, and Tim Scott successfully passed legislation that will make lynching a hate crime. It now heads to the House.
https://www.advocate.com/politics/2...-lynching-bill-wake-jussie-smollett-interview

Then we have Tibsy's Unka George in the background,....... influencing ??

George Soros Spent $408k on Prosecutor in Jussie Smollett Case
But Kim Foxx has also found two other sources of cash, in the form of twin $300,000 donations to a Super PAC supporting her called Illinois Safety & Justice. The sole donors to the PAC are neoliberal superdonor and conservative-boogeyman George Soros and a “dark-money” group called Civic Participation Action Fund.
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/george-soros-jussie-smollett/

Then the Obama's are dragged into the picture, hey it's Chicago right ?

Calls to probe Obama links to the shock decision to drop Smollett charges after it emerges Jussie's sisters worked for President's campaign and made personal visits to White House aide Texts exchanges between Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx and ex-Michelle Obama aide Tina Tchen are facing increasing scrutiny

Tchen and Smollett's sister Jurnee Smollett-Bell were pictured together at an event at Austin's South by Southwest and the United State of Women Summit in Los Angeles early last year.

Both of Smollett's sisters also worked for the Obama campaign in 2008 and 2012 and Smollett-Bell also reportedly visited Tchen in the White House.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...sie-Smolletts-Obama-connections-involved.html

Was there someone of influence and power involved so the case had to go away...quick and quiet like ?

Remember this ?

I don't think they were ever intending to go after Smollett. The investigation, to the extent the FBI may do something, is gonna be of the entire process that took place in the state's attorneys office of Cook County. I don't believe that Smollett was ever gonna be Trump's target in terms of investigation. Now, when this whole thing's a setup, who we talking about? Remember a guy named Robert Creamer? Robert Creamer is the husband of congresswoman Jan Schakowsky of Illinois. You know what Robert Creamer was doing? Robert Creamer hired thugs to attend Trump rallies as Trump supporters who would then start beating people up.

Robert Creamer had over 50 appearances in the Obama Oval Office during Obama's presidency. Robert Creamer was paid by entities related to Hillary Clinton to hire people to show up in Trump rallies as Trump supporters wearing the MAGA hats and start beating people up. And they were so successful that they got a Trump rally in Chicago postponed just on the threat that Trump supporters were gonna start beating people up and the cops said, “We're not sure we can keep control of it.” So the Trump rally gets canceled.

So if the Democrats were willing to do that and more, if they're willing to rent mobs all over to join protests and start protests in places like Ferguson, Missouri, and Baltimore, then is it a stretch to think that maybe some leftist lunatic with a lot of money would concoct a scheme starring Jussie Smollett, who would love the publicity, who hates Trump, who would love to be part of a publicity stunt and hoax in which he supposedly gets beat up at 2:30 in the morning by a bunch of deranged Trump supporters.

This is the famous Georgetown law professor Randy Barnett. Randy Barnett used to work as a prosecutor in Chicago. Now, he “suggested in a tweet on Wednesday that someone very important and influential had most likely pulled strings with the prosecutors to not only allow Smollett to go free without any punishment but had also leaned on the state’s attorney’s office to cover everything up,” i.e. seal the file, “to prevent said important person from potentially being implicated.”

I also have a story here from the Western Journal. "Ex-Chicago Prosecutor Drops Smollett Bomb – Suspects VIP Implicated, Leaned on State To Keep Things Quiet.”

His theory as a former prosecutor in this office is that there's some powerful figure out there somewhere who wanted this case dropped, who wanted Smollett walking free and did not want anybody to ever know who this VIP is.

More innuendoes even involve Mayor Rahm ..

It's also being posited here that the powerful figure that Barnett's referring to, the VIP, might have gotten to Rahm Emanuel to change the direction of his anger. He starts out really ticked off at Smollett, sends Smollett a bill for $130,000, rips Smollett a new one. All of a sudden the next day it's Trump's fault. You know, I have to tell you, I was stunned. The show's on the air and Rahm is doing his press conference with the police superintendent, they're going after Smollett, said, “This doesn't makes sense. There's no way a ranking white Democrat mayor's gonna go after a black guy like this. They’re just not gonna do it! It doesn't make any sense!”

And Rahm's going about this in exactly the way that you would think a law and order person would. This is a bastardization of law and order. This is two-tier justice, somebody scams a system with a hoax getting away with it, and he's ripping into a young and handsome and virile black gay guy. You don't think Rahm Emanuel heard about that? Rahm, what the hell are you doing, dude? So the next day Rahm goes out there and all of a sudden now it's Trump's fault.

https://woai.iheart.com/featured/ru...ugh-blog-was-the-whole-smollett-hoax-a-setup/

The stench around this whole sordid tale is thick, and it reeks of fake. So Jussie Smollett, in the end, what has he done? Has he harmed Trump? Has he damaged Trump? Has he damaged the Republican Party as a bunch of racist pigs? Well, there aren't any Republicans in this story. This is Chicago.

th

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/awards...he-hell-was-he-thinking/ar-BBVrifc?li=BBnb7Kz

Although Chris Rock was told to steer clear of the Jussie Smollett case at the NAACP Image Awards, the comedian couldn’t help but toss a couple barbed jokes towards the “Empire” actor.

“They said no Jussie Smollett jokes. I know. What a waste of white skin. You know what I could do with that light skin? That curly hair? My career would be out of here. F—ing running Hollywood,” Rock joked.

“What the hell was he thinking?” Rock asked. “From now on, you’re Jessie from now on. You don’t even get the ‘U’ no more. That ‘U’ was respect. You don’t get no respect from me.”

Earlier in the evening, Lena Waithe came out in support of Smollett in her interview with Variety on the NAACP Image Awards red carpet, saying that she believes him and that “being queer and black is like having a target on your back every time you walk out the door.”

Lena Waithe stands with Jussie Smollett, "being queer and black is like having a target on your back every time you walk out the door" #ImageAwards

Smollett was nominated for an NAACP Image award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for his work on “Empire,” but lost to “Grey’s Anatomy” star Jesse Williams. The award was announced at the non-televised 2019 NAACP Image Awards dinner on Friday, which Smollett did not attend.

Chris Rock sometimes really cracks me up. This time, he did hit it out of the park.

There is nothing Jussie Smollette did that changed the left's view of the Republican party, I will tell you that much. It's not like they didn't view all Republicans as racist, bigoted, homophobic pigs before he did what he did. The fact that everyone on the left, especially in the media, rushed to defend this guy and condemn white, right wing America proves it. Everyone knows it's bullshit, except Democrats and the NAACP.

There is nothing Jussie Smollette did that changed the left's view of the Republican party, I will tell you that much. It's not like they didn't view all Republicans as racist, bigoted, homophobic pigs before he did what he did. The fact that everyone on the left, especially in the media, rushed to defend this guy and condemn white, right wing America proves it. Everyone knows it's bullshit, except Democrats and the NAACP.

People don’t think Republicans are racist because of Smollette, they think Republicans are racist because Fox News refers to Central American countries as “Mexican countries”.

People don’t think Republicans are racist because of Smollette, they think Republicans are racist because Fox News refers to Central American countries as “Mexican countries”.

tenor.gif

So they just arrived at that opinion over the weekend?

Man, if not for FoxNews, we'd all be liberal I guess?

giphy.gif