• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Man, I need to join a union

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
UAW went on strike. They are demanding a 46% pay increase over 4 years, a 32 hour work week but still get paid for 40, and a bunch of other ****. It’s ridiculous. How many jobs do you work 32 hours and get paid for 40? How many jobs increase salary 50% over 4 years? I’m in the wrong field obviously.

Vehicles are already way overpriced. That should send them up through the roof. All they're doing is being extortionists with these ridiculous demands. They're absolutely nuts.

It's a great way to knock a company completely out. How the hell do they remain competitive in a market that's already ridiculously inflated?

They claimed battery cars were cheaper to build, and they started charging more. I wouldn't buy a Ford, gm or stellantis if you paid me. This is an opportunity for Chinese brands like volvo and polestar to take a big bite of market share.

UAW went on strike. They are demanding a 46% pay increase over 4 years, a 32 hour work week but still get paid for 40, and a bunch of other ****. It’s ridiculous. How many jobs do you work 32 hours and get paid for 40? How many jobs increase salary 50% over 4 years? I’m in the wrong field obviously.
Trucks prices about to go to 150k in stead of 100

You should try Supervising them! ;)

If you can imagine....

You should try Supervising them! ;)

If you can imagine....
I worked in manufacturing for three years for Toyota. Never again. Money was great, but nothing else was.

I worked in manufacturing for three years for Toyota. Never again. Money was great, but nothing else was.
I loved my job at Ford....best job I ever had!
Once you learn the ropes and how things are handled, like working with the production committee men and woman on the plant floor....and the UAW workers start to trust/respect you.....its all good!

And of course....don't be a dick just because your their boss...
I guess that can go for any job..

I loved my job at Ford....best job I ever had!
Once you learn the ropes and how things are handled, like working with the production committee men and woman on the plant floor....and the UAW workers start to trust/respect you.....its all good!

And of course....don't be a dick just because your their boss...
I guess that can go for any job..
At Toyota, I ran a line, but we also had Japanese advisors. Dudes were slave drivers. If they were there until 10 PM they expected you to be too and then be back at 6 to start up day shift the next day. And they ALWAYS wanted to work Saturdays. **** that and **** them.

I don't know how people afford them now when they have a mortgage, food prices, and kids to take care of.
UAW workers and families get a discount, so it's OK if prices rise. This is said tongue in cheek by the way, but there has to be a breaking point in pricing.
I guess as long as lenders are willing to give everyone a loan it will continue at least until people begin to default on those loans in large numbers.

UAW workers and families get a discount, so it's OK if prices rise. This is said tongue in cheek by the way, but there has to be a breaking point in pricing.
I guess as long as lenders are willing to give everyone a loan it will continue at least until people begin to default on those loans in large numbers.
Not so much tongue and cheek zona..

I used to get the A Plan.. and every two years I leased some bad *** F150s for next to nothing a month!

They claimed battery cars were cheaper to build, and they started charging more. I wouldn't buy a Ford, gm or stellantis if you paid me. This is an opportunity for Chinese brands like volvo and polestar to take a big bite of market share.
GM has 2 cars that are exceptional. One of them will no longer be produced after this year. The model ZL1 &ZL1 1le Camaro. It's a badass track car. ****** scared me the first 3 months I had it. It will corner like nobodies buisness and is just a pure joy to drive.

The other is the C8 C Z06 Corvette. I've never been a vette fan at all since most people that drive them are douchebags for some reason, but it's a hell of a car with exceptional engineering.

That new electric Hummer they're producing now is the biggest waste of money and resources I've ever seen.

At Toyota, I ran a line, but we also had Japanese advisors. Dudes were slave drivers. If they were there until 10 PM they expected you to be too and then be back at 6 to start up day shift the next day. And they ALWAYS wanted to work Saturdays. **** that and **** them.
Sarge---that's exactly why there are strong unions like the UAW...
You weren't represented, so you either had to put up with foreigner bullshat or find another job..
I was in the same boat being salary in a UAW plant..

No way would the UAW allow a Japanese national to treat their members that way....and rightfully so, I might add..

Japanese culture has a very toxic work mentality. Pretty much any japanese business man or woman is like that. Do not work for them if you value a work, life balance

My facility just voted for a union. I think my staff is going to get screwed over. They didnt get a raise have to pay union dues and they will be dropping down to a 37.5 hour work week. Between the dues and losing the couple hours it comes out to almost 8% of their pay. The only real benefit is i think the health insurance maybe better but not even sure on that one

My facility just voted for a union. I think my staff is going to get screwed over. They didnt get a raise have to pay union dues and they will be dropping down to a 37.5 hour work week. Between the dues and losing the couple hours it comes out to almost 8% of their pay. The only real benefit is i think the health insurance maybe better but not even sure on that one
Good luck to them getting $50 union due from you.

I was gonna say, our cars will be made in China like everything else.

Last night on the news they were interviewing UAW workers and they were acting like they would be starving if they were on strike for a week or two. Collection of toiletries and other supplies were already happening. I have to think these workers make a pretty good wage and benefits compared to a lot of Americans. Like most Americans, probably living beyond their means.

Younger, more fit, people need jobs too. See how quick they get back in line. Need the old fashioned railroad/mine strike busters on the scene. Enough of this bullshit. I would like to buy a new truck before I get too old to drive. A truck should not cost anywhere close to what they are bringing in these days.

Last edited:
SEIU? Lol good luck their ****** and so is your center

I was gonna say, our cars will be made in China like everything else.
Most of these manufacturers are already making cheap cars. Once they give the work to china that’s it.

Kia/hyundai are facing lawsuits nationwide. I’m about to enter this lawsuit as I was affected thanks to the stupid kia boyz social media trend. My car was stolen on Tuesday. Recovered same day, but still. Vehicles ain’t cheap and these manufacturers charge a lot for them.

Sarge---that's exactly why there are strong unions like the UAW...
You weren't represented, so you either had to put up with foreigner bullshat or find another job..
I was in the same boat being salary in a UAW plant..

No way would the UAW allow a Japanese national to treat their members that way....and rightfully so, I might add..
They won’t unionize. Every time the union guys came around, the whole factory would be pulled together and told not to talk to them. Woe be it to you if you got caught. I left after three years. I love the job I have now. Good pay, benefits, and I don’t work overtime or weekends unless I want to.

**** unions. They’re communists. Their time is over. ********* trying to **** their own source of income. The Teamsters just ****** around and found out. I hope these ******** do too. Don’t even get me started on the ************* Steelworkers Union…U.S. Steel and Cliffs are dinosaurs who are getting their ***** kicked by non-union steel mills like Nucor and SDI, who pay incentives based on production and profit.