• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Matt Canada Must Be Fired Immediately

Yep…

I want to continue to point out that Stroud, who just kicked our ***, has MORE bad throws than Pickett, yet is thriving in the offense they are running… how many of his early reads were outside short crap? Few… because they attacked tge middle and downfield… They constantly got wrs open in a timeframe that he could hit them and did so with a garbage heap line… they used screens and misdirection to attack our aggressive D…

Purdy continues to win in SF because he is in a system that simplifies the offense without being predictable. He has a subpar arm but is given plenty of time to step into throws.

And Canada saying all offenses are predictable needs to go look at stats… not every offense is as predictable in all the metrics as his is…

Yep…

I want to continue to point out that Stroud, who just kicked our ***, has MORE bad throws than Pickett, yet is thriving in the offense they are running… how many of his early reads were outside short crap? Few… because they attacked tge middle and downfield… They constantly got wrs open in a timeframe that he could hit them and did so with a garbage heap line… they used screens and misdirection to attack our aggressive D…

Purdy continues to win in SF because he is in a system that simplifies the offense without being predictable. He has a subpar arm but is given plenty of time to step into throws.

And Canada saying all offenses are predictable needs to go look at stats… not every offense is as predictable in all the metrics as his is…
Stop making sense the Kenny haters will have none of it.

Tomlin's fault lies in the loyalty to his assistants. He must think that firing an assistant is the kiss of death to that person's career. There's absolutely no reason for Canada to still be drawing a paycheck from the Steelers. None at all. Yet Canada has full control of the offense.
No, it has nothing to do with that. If Shades fires someone he hired then that’s admitting he made a mistake and he never ever admits he made a mistake.

Stop making sense the Kenny haters will have none of it.

Im not absolving Pickett… and as many of us feared he could be already ruined by gross mismanagement of his development behind a totally problematic line and inept staff…

But the point is this is all on the coaches… this isn’t about talent level or player work ethic… if those players quit en mass, its more damning to the coaches, not less..

A lot of the media is still dancing around that thought process… i heard a metric ton of “ players need to play better “ stuff tge past couple of days..

Im not absolving Pickett… and as many of us feared he could be already ruined by gross mismanagement of his development behind a totally problematic line and inept staff…

But the point is this is all on the coaches… this isn’t about talent level or player work ethic… if those players quit en mass, its more damning to the coaches, not less..

A lot of the media is still dancing around that thought process… i heard a metric ton of “ players need to play better “ stuff tge past couple of days..
Of course you and I and everyone else isn't absolving Kenny. There is just more to it than a Kenny sucks pin that some clip to their chest proudly.

Yeah I also fear if changes aren't made they could ruin his career. Always that possible.

Always bottom lines at we shall see. We need to see better for all parties involved with this offense. Kenny included but definitely not the main problem.

You know, I'm not formally registering an opinion on KP yet, but it IS entirely possible for BOTH premises to be true...
It is. That was never not in question. Just the opposite for those that think a QB change fixes what ails this team. Not even close.

Kenny has some things to fix but this isn't the team to fix what ails him.

Outkick now with an article on Canada having a Twitter burner account. Apparently the email attached to the account is Matthew.canada@steelers.com.

The article does cast some doubt though because it also says that official staff emails typically have NFL in the address so they’d expect it to end @steelers.nfl.com. But still, not just anybody could get an email ending Steelers.com, could they?

Chris Carter said all Steelers email addresses begin with their last name.

Just to update. Canada still needs to be fired. Offense was wretched once again. Just because the ravens repeatedly shot themselves in the foot and they managed to win, it does not change that fact that the offensive scheme is garbage.

No, it has nothing to do with that. If Shades fires someone he hired then that’s admitting he made a mistake and he never ever admits he made a mistake.
Yep...He will just wait to the end of the year to hire someone else to run the offense because Canada will simply retire.

It's quite possible that even if Canada is fired; I can't believe I'm saying this, his replacement is worse.

If Tomlin micromanages everything as reported that he does, a young, innovative coordinator could end up ruining his career by coming here.
That is why I would like to see that replacement now, with 12 games left, to get another kick at the can in January.

Just to update. Canada still needs to be fired. Offense was wretched once again. Just because the ravens repeatedly shot themselves in the foot and they managed to win, it does not change that fact that the offensive scheme is garbage.
Yes, this was a gift from the Rats to us.

This was the kind of bittersweet win that fandoms should never have to endure..

A false endorsement that we can win with D and mistake free football that really only happened because the other team made a ton of terrible mistakes and decisions that a real playoff caliber team would never make

Then they wonder why its getting close to a decade since their last playoff win….

This was the kind of bittersweet win that fandoms should never have to endure..

A false endorsement that we can win with D and mistake free football that really only happened because the other team made a ton of terrible mistakes and decisions that a real playoff caliber team would never make

Then they wonder why its getting close to a decade since their last playoff win….
You mean our division-leading OC who’s never had a losing season? Surely you can’t be serious?

We could easily be 0-5.