• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Matt Canada Must Be Fired Immediately

Steelers drive results vs ravens

First half
6-16 punt
3-4 punt
10-43 punt
7-26 FG

Second Half
3-9 punt
8-27 punt
8-43 punt
9-49 FG
8-80 TD
4 for -6 FG

Is it possible Canada wasn't calling plays in the 4th quarter? He did seem like he was pouting when the steelers scored that TD.

Tomlin is Parcells
Canada represents Bigfoot.

Question:
Hey coach, it is obvious that Canada is not doing a good job.
Do you believe so?

Answer:
I'd have to see some visual evidence, at some point.

Steelers drive results vs ravens

First half
6-16 punt
3-4 punt
10-43 punt
7-26 FG

Second Half
3-9 punt
8-27 punt
8-43 punt
9-49 FG
8-80 TD
4 for -6 FG

Is it possible Canada wasn't calling plays in the 4th quarter? He did seem like he was pouting when the steelers scored that TD.
The Steelers went no huddle on one drive and Pickett was doing a lot more talking and directing at the line in the second half.

The Steelers went no huddle on one drive and Pickett was doing a lot more talking and directing at the line in the second half.
I truly believe that most of our offense for years has been overly micromanaged to a ridiculous level… i think the coaches need an ego check… we’d be better off

I bet if you take this and compare it to historical Steelers ravens games, its the norm… not the exception…

We play to not make any mistakes until its safe to be aggressive and not get any flak back on the staff

I just want him gone so bad. Tomorrow is the day if it's happening this season. If not keep our fingers crossed for January.

Even if Canada isn't Canadded tomorrow we can hope they take away the play calling and just let him play with his crayons and coloring book 😅

If KP did audible to the Pickens throw like many, even the announcers, think he did, then that is even more proof to get rid of Canada.

I truly believe that most of our offense for years has been overly micromanaged to a ridiculous level… i think the coaches need an ego check… we’d be better off

I bet if you take this and compare it to historical Steelers ravens games, its the norm… not the exception…

We play to not make any mistakes until its safe to be aggressive and not get any flak back on the staff
You call it ego check I call it a need for a reboot.😉

I said this before the game, it doesn’t matter how O’Canada calls this game, he needs to be gone. 1 minute of the final gun, Matt should be calling Uber.

I fully know that this is not happening, regardless of how or who is in charge of play calling, O’Canada is going nowhere. His damage to the young QB will continue and our hopes is that KP8 will survive.

Salute the nation

I said this before the game, it doesn’t matter how O’Canada calls this game, he needs to be gone. 1 minute of the final gun, Matt should be calling Uber.

I fully know that this is not happening, regardless of how or who is in charge of play calling, O’Canada is going nowhere. His damage to the young QB will continue and our hopes is that KP8 will survive.

Salute the nation
I still think Kenny can be coached up. Not that we have the coaches in place. Not convinced that he will be permanently damaged also at the same time I am not convinced at his ceiling -as I need to see more from him. He shows glimpses of good mixed in with a solid amount of not so good. Ultimately I would need to see a new set of coaches to know where his ceiling ultimately is. Right now and now only it obviously isn't showing high. But I don't even play Nostradamus on TV so we'll see.

I still think Kenny can be coached up. Not that we have the coaches in place. Not convinced that he will be permanently damaged also at the same time I am not convinced at his ceiling -as I need to see more from him. He shows glimpses of good mixed in with a solid amount of not so good. Ultimately I would need to see a new set of coaches to know where his ceiling ultimately is. Right now and now only it obviously isn't showing high. But I don't even play Nostradamus on TV so we'll see.

Until KP8 is exposed to competent coaching / scheme, we will not know what we truly have. I don’t think he is permanently a damaged goods product, but the happy feet come mostly from the scheme and poor OL coaching to match.

We have a QB that can win games, not just yesterday but also future. We just need coaching to enhance that Product in a positive / consistent way. O’Canada and his scheme is not the answer And he will be here remainder of season.

Salute the nation

Until KP8 is exposed to competent coaching / scheme, we will not know what we truly have. I don’t think he is permanently a damaged goods product, but the happy feet come mostly from the scheme and poor OL coaching to match.

We have a QB that can win games, not just yesterday but also future. We just need coaching to enhance that Product in a positive / consistent way. O’Canada and his scheme is not the answer And he will be here remainder of season.

Salute the nation
He had that roll out quickly issue in college. Not totally this teams fault but they aren't coaching it up either. But yeah they need someone capable of coaching it out of him. It obviously doesn't exist on the roster. Right now I have two concerns with him that both should be correctable.

1 Happy feet and in the process rolling out into pressure.

2 Decision making which could be Canada guided. Regardless whose fault it is they are leaving plays that could be made on the field for shorter completions.

I would even list accuracy but the scheme, playcalling, WR routes concepts and O-line combined do him no favors.

Salute the nation
He stood in the pocket pretty well yesterday. He stood in there even with guys about to hammer him. Maybe it was the knee but maybe not. He also had Maulet come untouched on a rocket from the blindside to nail him. He has reasons to have happy feet but he seemed to be pretty calm back there yesterday.

If KP did audible to the Pickens throw like many, even the announcers, think he did, then that is even more proof to get rid of Canada.
Pickens stated that was the play called in the huddle at his postgame presser. That they actually game planned during the week for it off of the game film they watched. Replay looks like Pickett audibles but maybe he was calling out protection assignments. On the TD pas play though. Did anyone take a look at the middle of the field? Not one WR went there.

He stood in the pocket pretty well yesterday. He stood in there even with guys about to hammer him. Maybe it was the knee but maybe not. He also had Maulet come untouched on a rocket from the blindside to nail him. He has reasons to have happy feet but he seemed to be pretty calm back there yesterday.
It was the least he was pressured and so it wasn't surprising it was the best he's looked this season. I still wish the Steelers would use the entire field so we'd have a better view of what Pickett can do with a real NFL offensive scheme.

Salute the nation
i was real concerned about Kenny receiving his 4th and 5th concussions this year and getting permanently hurt.

Let us all hope that Broderick Jones can lean, bend and yet somehow miraculously still manhandle the rushers like he did this game!

i was real concerned about Kenny receiving his 4th and 5th concussions this year and getting permanently hurt.

Let us all hope that Broderick Jones can lean, bend and yet somehow miraculously still manhandle the rushers like he did this game!

B. Jones should have been a day one starter. I don’t care about the “bring him along, let him sit BULL-****” that many here gleamed. He will be starting from here on out and rightfully so. He will get better with the game experience as the season progresses.

I know this is BOLD, but jones will be a corner stone of the OL., to bad Creed Humphrey wasn’t on the line with him.

Salute the nation

That a person had to pay attention and watch Jones is all you need to know. If the guy sucked, you would have heard about it. He handled his business. He’s only going to get better. No sense going back to Moore. Moore’s ceiling is Jones’ floor.

I'd just sit KP down and show him Robert Porcher flattening Mike Tomczak over and over....That may fix the rolling into pressure issue.

B. Jones should have been a day one starter. I don’t care about the “bring him along, let him sit BULL-****” that many here gleamed. He will be starting from here on out and rightfully so. He will get better with the game experience as the season progresses.

I know this is BOLD, but jones will be a corner stone of the OL., to bad Creed Humphrey wasn’t on the line with him.

Salute the nation
i wouldn't go that far because the very first play that Jones was put in for Moore, the DE swam past lunging Jones and killed Kenny.
Kenny been hopping around and pulling the rip cord since that play.

Last edited:
That a person had to pay attention and watch Jones is all you need to know. If the guy sucked, you would have heard about it. He handled his business. He’s only going to get better. No sense going back to Moore. Moore’s ceiling is Jones’ floor.
one game does not a career make. Hope that Broderick puts on his Big Boy pants and stops from sh*tting the bed again.

ZERO. A very significant number associated with Jones’ play.

No hurries
no hits
no sacks

GIVEN up while he playsed his position.

Salute the3 nation